latest ralphcramden bombshell: "breathtaking"

As you know, since you posted links to these or similiar stories, the potential asset purchases mentioned so far have been in the context of a US/DL merger, not instead of a US/DL merger. I would invite you to post a link to any comments by any other carrier expressing an interest in only DL assets if there is no merger. Lacking those comments, it seems a merger is more likely to result in DL's "fragmentation" and anything else at this point.

Jim

Jim,

As always your post is right on.

Your cooperate or be fragmented arguement is getting very old and has no basis in reality. Fragmentation is the last thing that happens before a total collapse of a company. The creditors are much better off when the company remains intact.

Abe:

I can create an argument why the proposed merger would be good for all employees and then I can change sides of the debate and create an argument why the merger would be bad for employees.

In regard to a potential fragmentation, I have said will it occur? Maybe, maybe not. However, it apparently is being discussed and regardless of what ALPA does, Delta is in bankruptcy, the airline is in play, multiple parties have said they are interested in Delta's assets, and the bankruptcy court with input from the creditor's will decide the Atlanta-based companies fate.

Will it be a stand-alone plan? Will it be merged business entity? Or will it be sold off in pieces? I do not know and I cannot predict the future.

I do not know, but, what I do know is that other companies have publicly said they are interested in Delta assets and a fragmentation is being discussed by the "money" people.

Again, my point is that the Delta ALPA MEC may in fact be the catalyst for the break up of your company.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Do you think the same of NWA? Why won't they be forced to sell off the airline piecemeal? Heck, at least they have lucrative Asian routes. We fly to places that anyone can fly to. We don't have Asia, and we don't have LHR. Why wasn't UAL forced by its creditors to sell off parts? Maybe we should see the plan that's to be unveiled next week, and THEN decide what may happen.

Do you think the same of NWA? Why won't they be forced to sell off the airline piecemeal? Heck, at least they have lucrative Asian routes. We fly to places that anyone can fly to. We don't have Asia, and we don't have LHR. Why wasn't UAL forced by its creditors to sell off parts? Maybe we should see the plan that's to be unveiled next week, and THEN decide what may happen.
Because our costs are so low and the majority of the workforce is non-union...

I think that NWA and LCC are the carriers most likely to be fragmented in whatever environment. I think that the industry thinks that NWA is most likely to be fragmented.

Latest posts

Back