Lawyers want to question Kelleher about American Airlines and US Airways

A Southern Airways employee explained to me years ago that Delta Airlines employees learned early on that Orville and Wilbur Wright were under contract to Delta Airlines to develop a flying machine. Everyone else needs to catch up.

TDR1502C said:
A Southern Airways employee explained to me years ago that Delta Airlines employees learned early on that Orville and Wilbur Wright were under contract to Delta Airlines to develop a flying machine. Everyone else needs to catch up.
Lol. Awesome.

perhaps the more relevant question to ask is how DL is the only legacy carrier that wasn't one of the "chosen instruments" of US aviation either as one of the big 4 domestic airlines - of which only AA and UA survive - or Pan Am internationally and yet DL has become what it has.

DL's DNA has long been built on the idea that success comes from running an outstanding business and aggressively winning business including from other other airlines. DL has not only not been afraid of vigorously competing in the top markets of the world but has repeatedly sought it out, a trait that is not the norm in a semi-oligopolistic industry, which the airline industry is.

DL has clearly merged and acquired a number of airlines but it could not have done that and grown on its own if it didn't run its own business very well.

Whether I talk about it on here or now will not change DL's DNA.

It also won't change that other airlines have not operated on the same competitive basis as DL has done.

Consumers know what good competition does for price and choice, regardless of the industry.

The lawsuit being discussed here is because there are people who believe both will be hurt by the AA/US merger. The government's handling of N. Texas aviation is resulting in the same limitations on competition to consumer detriment.

DL happens to be on the side of aggressive competition which is also what consumers want. DL has won in the marketplace because it has embraced aggressive competition.

That reality affects every employee in the airline industry.

Funny all the analysts said Leadership 7.5 went too far and hurt Delta.

What about Operation Clockwork?

And when a company files bankruptcy, that means it has failed.

again, L 7.5 was 20 years ago and most DL employees who were affected aren't even with DL anymore. I have never defended it. I have said DL provided options that you and others refuse to acknowledge were part of the package including allowing employees to move to res and remain in their cities in other positions.

And no 7.5 didn't hurt DL. DL's acquisition of Pan Am and the global airline meltdown hurt DL.

7.5 was DL's attempt - desperate and targeted against its ACS people - but the problem was way bigger and DL employees were hardly the only ones that were impacted.

Perhaps when you are willing to admit that other airlines had major cutbacks in the time period, we can actually discuss the issue - but you haven't shown a willingness to be objective about the era or the topic.

This topic is about the anticompetitive charge that a group of consumers are making which I believe includes not just the AA/US merger but other parts of N. Texas aviation.

congratulations for going back 17 years... can you share something that is perhaps relevant within the past year?

Further, the topic is about competition in the industry and charges from some that isn't happening.

may because I don't care about reputation scores - positive or negative.

You do. different strokes.

I'm not sure too many people have contributed to the actual subject of the thread which is about the competitive nature of the industry - and which I have addressed a number of times.

Back