all the answers you wanted!

dfw gen

Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2013/02/american-airlines-answers-other-questions-about-what-the-merger-with-us-airways-means-for-american.html/

ah its aa what did you expect actual information? come on your just a brick in the backpack....

Here is a the same question answered by the company and TWU.

When does the 4.3% raise take place?

TWU
The raise will take effect when the plan of reorganization which provides for the merger becomes effective—i.e. upon exiting bankruptcy. The timing of the raise has nothing to do with the operational integration of the two carriers: it will take place before any single carrier petition can be filed, let alone approved.

AA
The 4.3 percent raise will take effect on the date that the AA/US Airways merger and Plan of Reorganization (POR) becomes effective. The TWU will receive a 4.8 percent equity that will be divided amongst the workgroups covered by the 7 labor agreements. The value of the equity is not known at this time.

Here is a the same question answered by the company and TWU.

When does the 4.3% raise take place?

TWU
The raise will take effect when the plan of reorganization which provides for the merger becomes effective—i.e. upon exiting bankruptcy. The timing of the raise has nothing to do with the operational integration of the two carriers: it will take place before any single carrier petition can be filed, let alone approved.

AA
The 4.3 percent raise will take effect on the date that the AA/US Airways merger and Plan of Reorganization (POR) becomes effective. The TWU will receive a 4.8 percent equity that will be divided amongst the workgroups covered by the 7 labor agreements. The value of the equity is not known at this time.

i.e. You'll get your 4.3% raise at the "3 yr industry parity adjustment"

If the twu distributes the shares among the respective title groups but title 1 dumps said twu will we still get a share of the 4.8 percent ?
That beong said i will gladly forfeit my share so long as the twu will no longer save me from myself an even trade for sure

If we actually get any of the promised raises, I would be surprised. No one has yet to say where the money is coming from to pay those raises. So, what are you going to do if Parker comes back and says that he can't afford to pay us the raises? He has the Railway Labor Act on his side which prevents us from striking without permission.

Back