LAX Moves

ChrisUS said:
So, I'm assuming we keep Terminal 4 in addition? 

AA will keep T4 and most likely occupy all of T5. 

ChrisUS said:
  Some sort of connector to be installed? 

T4 through T8 are already connected on the airside and have been for years. The T4 to TBIT connector should be completed this year.

GlobalByrd said:

AA will keep T4 and most likely occupy all of T5. 

T4 through T8 are already connected on the airside and have been for years. The T4 to TBIT connector should be completed this year.
THANKS!!  I hope so, flying in on AA and taking Qantas late March! 

ChrisUS said:
THANKS!!  I hope so, flying in on AA and taking Qantas late March! 

Will likely not be open in March, but there's a bus so you don't have to leave the terminal regardless. 

MAH4546 said:
Will likely not be open in March, but there's a bus so you don't have to leave the terminal regardless.
Correct. And, in its infernal dumbness, last time I flew BA out of LAX, I couldn't use the bus from T4 to TBIT because I wasn't flying on QF. That really should be corrected sooner than later...

Apparently, BA doesn't want to help pay for the bus. Send off a disappointment letter to them detailing your frustrations. Maybe they will find time to respond before the connector opens.

I'm pretty sure the QF bus is the only bus operated at LAX for that purpose. I'm unaware of UA providing one to TBIT for their connections to say LH. Pretty sure Delta doesn't operate anything to TBIT or T2 either from T5. I very well could be wrong, just never seen it. We also don't operate anything for LATAM or JAL to TBIT. So no one should feel bad. QF is the exception. This will all be a moot point soon anyway.

Announcement should come soon.

AA real estate executives in town, met with LAX management and LAX Board meets tonight in closed session to approve AA's LAX moves.

Reactions: 1 person