Legislating Morality

People sticking their nose into my personal life and presuming to tell me what I may or may not do, trying to use fear of eternal damnation to get me to believe in their god, that pisses me off. Bearing witness to the bigotry, hatred, hypocrisy in this country and throughout the world pisses me off. To be lectured by some snot nosed little twerp like you pisses me off.

Dude...cradle to grave gov't care fits in here somewhat...duh... :lol:

Well in true form KC you ASS-ume wrong, What two grown men/women choose to do in their own bedroom is fine by me, Its when you parade it down the boulevard flaunting your gay pride in front of innocent children that crosses the line.

Not to mention when the bastards want equal rights! Oh...the horror :shock: That kind of stuff really pisses me off. Why can't we have separate bathrooms and water fountains for the sub-human beings?

Not to mention when the bastards want equal rights! Oh...the horror :shock: That kind of stuff really pisses me off. Why can't we have separate bathrooms and water fountains for the sub-human beings?
Because taxes would need to be raised and that pisses people off!

Above statement is indicative of most moronic asinine posts made on here. If pissing someone off because they are being warned of their impending damnation, well that shows exactly how screwed up some of these poor souls actually are. Like saying: Don't preach hell fire to me because it doesn't apply to me. I know better than my maker. I answer to no one and no one can tell me what to do.

This is like the machine that was manufactured by a man having that machine turn on the man and telling the man to hit the road and to stuff his foolish instructions for its proper function where the sun don't shine.

Makes as much sense as these buffoons on here who take in and then believe what Satan has firmly planted in their thick mush filled skulls. Only the Holy Spirit can release their chains, IF he chooses to. For these pathetically lost souls I pray he chooses to set them free so they can come out into the light and see how foolish they were and thank God for his amazing grace.

Because taxes would need to be raised and that pisses people off!
Above statement is indicative of most moronic asinine posts made on here. If pissing someone off because they are being warned of their impending damnation, well that shows exactly how screwed up some of these poor souls actually are. Like saying: Don't preach hell fire to me because it doesn't apply to me. I know better than my maker. I answer to no one and no one can tell me what to do.

This is like the machine that was manufactured by a man having that machine turn on the man and telling the man to hit the road and to stuff his foolish instructions for its proper function where the sun don't shine.
Makes as much sense as these buffoons on here who take in and then believe what Satan has firmly planted in their thick mush filled skulls. Only the Holy Spirit can release their chains, IF he chooses to. For these pathetically lost souls I pray he chooses to set them free so they can come out into the light and see how foolish they were and thank God for his amazing grace.

Isn't it about time for you to play with your Jesus action figure and plot your McVeigh-type attacks? How is saying that ALL humans are HUMAN and that your nitwit of a brain is not the judger (sorry to say, but your blasphemous judgement of everybody is a sure ticket for you to get to Hell...I prefer to let God sort it out b/c I know that he hasn't made any mortal man the judger of souls...you are the sorriest example of a Christian out there) "moronic" or "asSinine"? Our GOVERNMENT says that we should all have equal rights yet you're going to sit back and try to reinstate Jim Crowe laws? You're the same kind of freak that thought that blacks didn't deserve and education or that women shouldn't vote...you're just in a different era. So how are you any better than the Taliban? You're not. You're a disgrace to your religion and your country. The only people we should be discriminating against are those like you that are full of hate and vengence. Go drink at your own fountain...in your bomb-shelter.

Just b/c I post something that says that people that don't think exactly the same as you are human rather than some form of animal as you tend to think, don't label it "moronic". What is "moronic" is being unable to debate any issues and resorting to 2nd grade name-calling and cut and paste from blogs or Bibles. Intelligent retort is welcome. ..but I won't hold my breath.

Can you please explain this? I fail to see the connection.

Thanks

People sticking their nose into my personal life and presuming to tell me what I may or may not do

Doesn't Uncle Sam routinely tell us what we can and can't do? Whether or not we agree or like it?

Bearing witness to the bigotry, hatred, hypocrisy in this country and throughout the world pisses me off

Stretching a bit...but look at all the times affirmative action and several other "make it right" programs have stepped on opposite toes in the name of "fairness"...
Look at SSI for illegals....look at Small business loans...theres a lot of hypocritical abuses by our government in the name of fairness....
We have a Constitution but how many times does our government make laws that are contrary to it?
Look at how our government discriminates against military personell...
Think about it....number one discriminator in this country is the US gov't.... ;)

Isn't it about time for you to play with your Jesus action figure and plot your McVeigh-type attacks? How is saying that ALL humans are HUMAN and that your nitwit of a brain is not the judger (sorry to say, but your blasphemous judgement of everybody is a sure ticket for you to get to Hell...I prefer to let God sort it out b/c I know that he hasn't made any mortal man the judger of souls...you are the sorriest example of a Christian out there) "moronic" or "asSinine"? Our GOVERNMENT says that we should all have equal rights yet you're going to sit back and try to reinstate Jim Crowe laws? You're the same kind of freak that thought that blacks didn't deserve and education or that women shouldn't vote...you're just in a different era. So how are you any better than the Taliban? You're not. You're a disgrace to your religion and your country. The only people we should be discriminating against are those like you that are full of hate and vengence. Go drink at your own fountain...in your bomb-shelter.

Just b/c I post something that says that people that don't think exactly the same as you are human rather than some form of animal as you tend to think, don't label it "moronic". What is "moronic" is being unable to debate any issues and resorting to 2nd grade name-calling and cut and paste from blogs or Bibles. Intelligent retort is welcome. ..but I won't hold my breath.

I will pray for you regardless if you are a fool or otherwise because I am equal opportunity to receive a free from going to hell ticket agent.

I have some extra nexium, seems you need some to put out the fire in your belly, but with this warning: These pills won’t do a thing to quench the hell fire you're heading for. Imagine skydrol in your eyes and then imagine hell fire being 100 million times worse lasting forever and forever and forever and forever and. . . . .

Yes, Uncle Sam makes laws governing what I may and may not do. Laws should protect the public good, such as not yelling fire in a theater, waste disposal laws and the like. The fact that government makes laws that govern what an individual may do with in the confines of their home or with other consenting adults is not just nor prudent. All our freedoms are limited. Without laws there would be anarchy.

The laws I am addressing are those laws which are born out of peoples perception of morality which is what started this thread. I hate cigarettes, I think they are vile and if used as designed, they will in all likely hood kill the user. Having said that, I have no inclination to prohibit a person from smoking all they want to. I am inclined to support any and all laws that prevent them from being smoked in any public place. When their smoke invades my lungs, that is a violation of my freedom. The same applies to marijuana, cocaine, liquor and any thing else you care to mention.

Government job, in my opinion, is to look out for the publics general welfare. Their function is not to make sure I do not hurt my self (assisted suicide, euthanasia). It is not there to tell me who I may live my life with (civil union aka - marriage). It is not there to support religion (public displays on public property).

As for your second assertion that one of the biggest discriminators in the US is the government, you will get no argument from me on that. Their discrimination against women, minorities such as Japanese, Native Americans, blacks, Irish, Chinese is obscene.

Since when be you in charge for to which persons recieve a not go to hell ticket? :blink:

Archangel Gabriel appointed me representative, I think it’s only for this year though? I'll get back to you on that.

Well in true form KC you ASS-ume wrong, What two grown men/women choose to do in their own bedroom is fine by me, Its when you parade it down the boulevard flaunting your gay pride in front of innocent children that crosses the line.
Well, at least you're halfway there. But how exactly does having a parade affect "innocent children???" Do you actually think that they're gonna say "Oh mommy, what a cool parade! I think I want to be gay!" Expressing an opinion in a parade is a right guaranteed by the Constitution. You don't want your kids to be "corrupted" :rolleyes: , dont' take them near the parade!

Besides, being in a gay pride parade isn't anywhere nearly as despicable as that "church group" out of Mi.ssouri that pickets at funerals of Matthew Shepard, Barry Goldwater, and many others. But, they also have the right to speak their mind.

Archangel Gabriel appointed me representative, I think it’s only for this year though? I'll get back to you on that.

Why is it that everytime you are confronted with an honest question about your 'guerilla tactic' preaching, you can only respond with a snide remark or a lousy attempt at humor? Perhaps your message would be better accepted if you can answer these questions with honest answers.

Why is it that everytime you are confronted with an honest question about your 'guerilla tactic' preaching, you can only respond with a snide remark or a lousy attempt at humor? Perhaps your message would be better accepted if you can answer these questions with honest answers.

Azores, ESL!! Remember? Come on man, keep up will you? Lol.

Sure sweetheart....But let me first say this:

I know the word and what it says and means. The people posting on here are not saved, not even close most and are flamers so consider my posts shock treatments, because that's what's required considering their spiritual position and their regard for our Lord. I never said they are beyond hope. If breathe is present so is ones possible salvation. If what I say pisses people off let them read the Word and then give a reasoned rebuke to my so called foolishness other than calling me narrow minded and mentally ill because I am not even close to either, and far closer to what many others sadly, will never realize, as it is written.

Judging

The Bible has much to say about judging others. While Christians must of course judge between good and evil and avoid associating with those who defiantly and unrepentantly do wrong, we are warned not to judge in a way that is petty or hypocritical. After all, God is the Judge, and we are each, as responsible individuals, ultimately being judged, not doing the judging. When the time comes, the question that we will each be faced with will not be, "What did he do?" or "What did she do?" but rather, "What did you do?"

In The Words of Jesus Christ

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." (Matthew 7:1-5)

"You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, My decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with The Father, who sent Me." (John 8:15-16)

In the words of the apostle Paul

"Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. One man's faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for The Lord is able to make him stand."
"One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord. He who eats meat, eats to The Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains, does so to The Lord and gives thanks to God. For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to The Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord."
"For this very reason, Christ died and returned to life so that He might be The Lord of both the dead and the living. You, then, why do you judge your brother? Or why do you look down on your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat. It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says The Lord, 'every knee will bow before Me; every tongue will confess to God.'"
"So then, each of us will give an account of himself to God. Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another." (Romans 14:1-13)

Sure sweetheart....But let me first say this:

Great work 700 (club)! Congratulations, you have successfully completed step 2 of your 12-step program. Next week, we will work on step 3: admitting that you should not be so quick to judge.

In the meantime, whenever you feel the insatiable need to judge another person, just remember Paul's own words: "Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another."

Latest posts