Let The Games Begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give employees a chance?
Really, go ask the flight attendant who had to sue to get her job back because of the lab making mistakes and she was clean and they said she wasnt.
again you can pick out any anecdotal situation you want but those absolutely do exist.

The fact that she/he got her/his job back says the system DOES work.

You seem to think that DL could do stuff without any legal recourse. DO you honestly think that an employee who was terminated based on a failed drug test couldn't take legal issue?

Reactions: 1 person
You just dont get it.

Giving a chance, would have been her not getting fired and having the Federal Govt and lawsuits involved.

if lawsuits and the federal government don't work, then why do you think a union will? Are you really that glued to the idea that a union can help that you think a company would lose a lawsuit and face a federal fine?

700UW said:
And thanks Kev, you always have my back, if I make out your way during the Alliance Campaign, I will make plans to get together.
Sounds good! :)

WorldTraveler said:
Kev,

your theory is wrong.
Is it?

Your posts tell a different story.

Hey, just a theory.

You have tried ENDLESSLY to try and paint me as disconnected from DL but what you can't wrap your little head around is that I RETIRED from DL which means I accrued multiples more years of service than you have at ALL of the airlines you have worked for and likely you will never accrue the years of service at DL that I did.
Great, good for you. None of that changes that you're no longer there...

You can't argue that I was molded into the DL image, that DL is stuck in a culture which is unlike anything else, and then say I am disconnected from it.
...Except I didn;t say that. I said you're disconnected from what is happening at the carrier today.

An employment history and an interview doesn't do the same thing.
Well, I'm not a fan of psych testing, but I do think the current usage of STARS needs to go.

737823 said:
Thanks Kev.
'Course! Enjoy. :)

WorldTraveler said:
again you can pick out any anecdotal situation you want but those absolutely do exist.

The fact that she/he got her/his job back says the system DOES work.

You seem to think that DL could do stuff without any legal recourse. DO you honestly think that an employee who was terminated based on a failed drug test couldn't take legal issue?
Actually, the "system" only worked when a (gasp!) union got involved on her behalf.

Reactions: 4 people
if you'd spend half as much energy trying to adapt to the DL that actually pays your salary instead of demeaning anyone that tells you that you are the problem, you might actually find that you don't need to demean other people.

But as long as you want to continue trying to discredit my connection with the company, you can be absolutely assured that I will fight back to show that you are the one that hasn't been able to adapt.

tens of thousands of NW people have figured out how to succeed at DL. You are one of a handful of people on the blogosphere - and it is no more than a handful - of PMNW who continue to rail against DL going on five years after the merger.

but wait, the FA didn't have a union? How could a union protect someone and if an employee can go get help from a union without paying union dues, why would they ever actually hire them?

I'm not demeaning anyone. Just making an observation.

I'm not discrediting your connection, either; I'm merely pointing out that you are no longer in a position to accurately relate what happens there on a daily basis.

Working for positive change in the workplace =/= "railing" against DL.

WT while working at DL.

Borg_aboard_Enterprise_%28NX-01%29.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not demeaning anyone. Just making an observation.

I'm not discrediting your connection, either; I'm merely pointing out that you are no longer in a position to accurately relate what happens there on a daily basis.

Working for positive change in the workplace =/= "railing" against DL.
you have two choices, Kevin.

Either DL has changed and adapted since the merger which makes it all the more damning that you can't manage to figure out how to work within their system which isn't based on some historic mishmash of antique culture which has no bearing on today because it was rolled out as part of the merger...

OR

It IS historic in which case I cannot be ignorant of it.

pick your side. Right now your logic is mushier than a badly concocted jello salad.

Either all of this culture that DL has implemented was done after you arrived and you should easily have been able to adapt because no one had an advantage or it really is old and historic in which case I am not disconnected.

We would get along on here a whole lot better if your thesis isn't based on the notion that I am ignorant so that you can have the last word.

If there was even a modicum of positive in what you write, your point would be a whole lot more credible too.
Your posts are nothing more than complaints against DL and anyone that defends them.

700UW said:
And thanks Kev, you always have my back, if I make out your way during the Alliance Campaign, I will make plans to get together.
So you've outed yourself you are an agent for the IAM and are working on their fear campaign to vote in this nonsense association. Will you be in BOS or MIA?

Josh

Reactions: 4 people
737823 said:
So you've outed yourself you are an agent for the IAM and are working on their fear campaign to vote in this nonsense association. Will you be in BOS or MIA?

Josh
You are so funny, you took it hook line and sinker.

Obviously if I worked for the IAM I wouldnt out myself, lol, no Josh I dont work for the IAM nor am I an agent for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts