LETS OUTSOURCE SOUTHWEST JOBS!

Current Scope (bold text is my doing):

"Should the Company have a need to contract with third parties for the performance of covered work at stations where flight activity does not exceed 12 departures per day, the Company shall be entitled to do so. The Company shall notify the Union of:
a. The nature of the contract; and b. The anticipated length of time the third party work shall be required.
This provision shall not apply to stations in operation as of date of ratification (March 27, 2009)."

The rest of it is here, for those that may want to read it: http://twu555.org/po...8-201120CBA.pdf

What a great idea! :rolleyes:
Thanks Kev for the update

It would make sense that OJI would be the most prevalent in the most physical department in the company.. So outsource the ramp with what, robots? Maybe swissport rampers are more durable?

I'd have to disagree with you. Yes, the ramp might be the more physically demanding position but far from the most injury prone. MX is far more dangerous in this regard. Between the tooling we use I accomplish our tasks and the positions we get our selves in just to make sure we don't drop the washer, I sincerely believe that MX would be the most prevalent in OJI's. Of course, in my opinion, the ramp would follow behind just because of the repetitiveness of strength, kneeling and crawling you guys have to do.

I'd have to disagree with you. Yes, the ramp might be the more physically demanding position but far from the most injury prone. MX is far more dangerous in this regard. Between the tooling we use I accomplish our tasks and the positions we get our selves in just to make sure we don't drop the washer, I sincerely believe that MX would be the most prevalent in OJI's. Of course, in my opinion, the ramp would follow behind just because of the repetitiveness of strength, kneeling and crawling you guys have to do.
.. and I'll respectfully disagree with your point. Rampers work way harder than MX Techs. Now maybe if you are on third shift doing 'checks', you might be doing something for at least 4-8 hours. The rest of the time you guys sit on your butts, reading the Newspaper, watching TV and then #### & Moan when you get a gate call. Spare me the Drama!

Who are you trying to fool?

Go do a day on the ramp as a baggage handler at a hub airport.

It's war of the roses!!!!!! Well let's see I worked as a ramper when I was 18 and 19 and I said screw this. So I got my four year degree with my A&P and got paid alot more fixing planes plus I got my degree. Yea the rampers do work hard but I do agree with avtech we work in alot of shitty positions and deal with alot of akword weights and long hrs on a latter.

Who are you trying to fool?

Go do a day on the ramp as a baggage handler at a hub airport.

I don't know why AMT's make stupid statements like that about the ramp. I worked the ramp for a year before I became an AMT they bust their ass it just about killed my knees in those bellies. My only gripe and I will admit it was that I went and got my A@P and worked midnights for a lot of years doing s**t work. My beef was that my union at the time (IAm) felt my skill set was that of when I worked the ramp and I was paid accordingly. In fact a ramp chief made more than I did every year until I reached my 5th year. The salary I make today is proof that I have a skill set that commands a much higher salary. I don't look to take anything away from ramp or stores or agents I just wanted as I am sure other AMT's do to have a union dedicated to our needs and craft much like pilots, FA's and dispatchers. This is my problem with all the unions out there today representing mechanics not to mention the NMB and the class and craft rules.

I didn't say rampers don't work hard, because they do. I see them busting their humps turning flights all day long. What I was getting at was AMT's are in more dangerous predicaments to be prone for an OJI, and that rampers get their OJI's from the repetitive motions they do, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc.. My whole point is that AMT's should be on the top of the OJI list not rampers. I wasn't disrespecting their jobs or trades, I was merely making key points in a comparison,

I didn't say rampers don't work hard, because they do. I see them busting their humps turning flights all day long. What I was getting at was AMT's are in more dangerous predicaments to be prone for an OJI, and that rampers get their OJI's from the repetitive motions they do, lifting, kneeling, crawling, etc.. My whole point is that AMT's should be on the top of the OJI list not rampers. I wasn't disrespecting their jobs or trades, I was merely making key points in a comparison,

just keep getting your foot caught in your mouth dont u, good thing that hasnt changed,,,o yea got to meet my very first AT crew and just like i told you AV i was giving them a chance,, i shut my mouth as i listened to a male F/A brag how he is going to be so much senior to the SWA girls i was working with..and he even laughed and said , sorry just the way it is,,, yep this will be the last time i listen to that kind of disrespectul attitude nd blatant disregard from any AT employees,,, buckle up SWA originals,,, thiscould be a long turbulent ride... as far as outsourcing why not do it internationally didnt we just do it domestically???

just keep getting your foot caught in your mouth dont u, good thing that hasnt changed,,,o yea got to meet my very first AT crew and just like i told you AV i was giving them a chance,, i shut my mouth as i listened to a male F/A brag how he is going to be so much senior to the SWA girls i was working with..and he even laughed and said , sorry just the way it is,,, yep this will be the last time i listen to that kind of disrespectul attitude nd blatant disregard from any AT employees,,, buckle up SWA originals,,, thiscould be a long turbulent ride... as far as outsourcing why not do it internationally didnt we just do it domestically???

Yep, you said it, foots right in my mouth. I really blunder something up this time, giving my opinion. You're such a joke Buscador. You really try way to hard to piss people off when it's clear that you don't have a case nor point.

BTW, stop lying about the first transition crew because what you said is not true, you're just trying to stir the pot here. I know the first crew that went over and the only thing that they've ever said about seniority is how lucky they were to keep enough seniority so they can make their commutes to from work so stop doing what you're known for on these forums in trying to twist scenarios stirring everyone up, it's really a waste of server MB's.

I know, I know, 40% pay raises,,,,,,,,,, better company,,,,,,,,,, better benefits,,,,,,,, that should pretty much sum up your rebuttal,,,,,,,

Besides, didn't you say that you were wayyyy to senior to ever work with any AT FA?? That even if it went DOH, that they'll never affect you?? So, how did an AT FA make it on YOUR senior flight??

Yep, you said it, foots right in my mouth. I really blunder something up this time, giving my opinion. You're such a joke Buscador. You really try way to hard to piss people off when it's clear that you don't have a
atecase nor point.

i
BTW, stop lying about the first transition crew because what you said is not true, you're just trying to stir the pot here. I know the first crew that went over and the only thing that they've ever said about seniority is how lucky they were to keep enough seniority so they can make their commutes to from work so stop doing what you're known for on these forums in trying to twist scenarios stirring everyone up, it's really a waste of server MB's.

I know, I know, 40% pay raises,,,,,,,,,, better company,,,,,,,,,, better benefits,,,,,,,, that should pretty much sum up your rebuttal,,,,,,,

Besides, didn't you say that you were wayyyy to senior to ever work with any AT FA?? That even if it went DOH, that they'll never affect you?? So, how did an AT FA make it on YOUR senior flight??

Are you really kidding, we all know you cant help yourself with your haphazard thought process but did you even read what i wrote before you decided to ad lib and mis quote???
ummmmmmm I said "I met MY first AT crew" ,,,and u turn that into the first transitional crew????????How do you make this leap and then call me a liar in the same breath??

you see i know this may be hard for you to grasp, reality that is, but AT has crews that fly with their own little uniforms still, and stay at the same hotels.... hence it was my first AT crew on the same van,, going to same hotel

You do listen a little and ou are correct that i am senior to ALL AT people, but the 5 year and 6 year girls arent,,, so color me obtuse when i findnhis ridiculous banter a little offensive, because i know the girls were a little p""sed...so how does a 13 year F/A have such gall??

I guess I need not question it any longer, the same way AV can turn my comment into a preposterous tale I NEVER said,, wow

NO need to lie,, truth is stranger than fiction and it is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE how this guy acted and how he treated the Junior SWA F/A ,, rubbing their faces in SENIORITY,, c'mon even you AV would see that as a wrong approach

So again,, I met MY first AT CREW and it wasn't a good meeting,, I can only hope it isn't the norm,, ps ,, I saw this SUPER DUPER SENIOR. Guy in the lobby,, let's just say he probably won't be making the same mistake,, I think I got the point across to him and hopefully he relays the message,,

Are you really kidding, we all know you cant help yourself with your haphazard thought process but did you even read what i wrote before you decided to ad lib and mis quote???
ummmmmmm I said "I met MY first AT crew" ,,,and u turn that into the first transitional crew????????How do you make this leap and then call me a liar in the same breath??

you see i know this may be hard for you to grasp, reality that is, but AT has crews that fly with their own little uniforms still, and stay at the same hotels.... hence it was my first AT crew on the same van,, going to same hotel

You do listen a little and ou are correct that i am senior to ALL AT people, but the 5 year and 6 year girls arent,,, so color me obtuse when i findnhis ridiculous banter a little offensive, because i know the girls were a little p""sed...so how does a 13 year F/A have such gall??

I guess I need not question it any longer, the same way AV can turn my comment into a preposterous tale I NEVER said,, wow

NO need to lie,, truth is stranger than fiction and it is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE how this guy acted and how he treated the Junior SWA F/A ,, rubbing their faces in SENIORITY,, c'mon even you AV would see that as a wrong approach

So again,, I met MY first AT CREW and it wasn't a good meeting,, I can only hope it isn't the norm,, ps ,, I saw this SUPER DUPER SENIOR. Guy in the lobby,, let's just say he probably won't be making the same mistake,, I think I got the point across to him and hopefully he relays the message,,

You made it sound like you worked with the first AT transition crew member, at least that's what it sounded like to me. Either way, that's only 1 person of many that may of been a smart ass about the seniority situation. That 1 person doesn't represent the whole group so don't make it sound so dramatic because 1 bad apple had something to say that you didn't like. I mean, every company has their bad apples and all you can do is deal with it. I'm sure many say the same about a specific SWA FA!

I bet you really put him in his place too, that's good! Coming from you I'm willing to bet that his entire out look on life has now changed! Kudos to Buscador for his intervention! lol

Well maybe you should slow down and read before you go off on your completely inaccurate rants,, just a suggestion,,
I simply told him that a little less disrespect would be a good idea and it's not a good idea to shove seniority down the throats of those who are junior,,

I did give the benefit of the doubt and if u read ,, I said I hope this isn't the norm,, so here's to hoping that he is only one bad apple AND that others take the time to read before ranting

Well maybe you should slow down and read before you go off on your completely inaccurate rants,, just a suggestion,,
I simply told him that a little less disrespect would be a good idea and it's not a good idea to shove seniority down the throats of those who are junior,,

I did give the benefit of the doubt and if u read ,, I said I hope this isn't the norm,, so here's to hoping that he is only one bad apple AND that others take the time to read before ranting
Yanno, I find this post most interesting. The other day, I was on a WN Flight and ran into one of our new cross over F/As. She recoginized me from my FL days and asked how I had been,etc. She then proceeded to introduce me to about another 8-9 WN F/As who were onboard and dead-heading to BWI. Everyone was very cordial and accomodating and I never heard a word about Seniority or who was better than who. Everyone was warm and friendly and made me feel welcome. I even asked, is everyone fitting in comfortably with the blend and they all seemed to be cool with how it is shaking out. Then the lead F/A offered me a Beer which I declined as I was going to work. Told her, tomorrow is the better day :)

Back