LETS OUTSOURCE SOUTHWEST JOBS!

Yep, we can send mechs down there with whatever part the A/C needs changed, but we can't perform the actual MX on it, they have to. Some stupid law they have down there. As far as testing the new equipment, that's when our mechs come into play. They have to test and verify the new equipment is serviceable, but we can't change parts.

First I've heard of that law. Maybe just a certain part of Mexico... I know guys who would go, fix the plane, and then come home. As to what QA said, yeah, that's the way that I understand it has always been. I know that some countries require the company to pay a fee for their mechanics to work on their plane, kind of like a temp work visa

First I've heard of that law. Maybe just a certain part of Mexico... I know guys who would go, fix the plane, and then come home. As to what QA said, yeah, that's the way that I understand it has always been. I know that some countries require the company to pay a fee for their mechanics to work on their plane, kind of like a temp work visa
In a way, you both are corect. In Mexico, a Gringo would have to get a work visa to do repairs. They can supervise and test but the Natives are supposed to do the work. That doesn't mean they can't help them cuz that does happen.

The memo went on to say that the company needed increased flexibility in smaller stations outside the company's "typical" business model and gave an example of where we operate one, two, or three flights per day/shift. The company already has the contractual right to use contract workers in new stations where flight activity does not exceed 12 departures per day; so, it is false to say there is an additional need for contract workers in new stations that just have a few flights. The memo is also misleading because it did not mention the company's proposal to remove the "grandfather" clause protecting stations in operation prior to March 27, 2009, which dangerously exposes all stations, especially small ones, when the Wright Amendment relaxes in 2014. What the memo also omitted was the company proposal to use temporary contract workers for 120 day intervals; furthermore, temporary contract workers could total up to twenty percent of the permanent employees of the station bid location, and these contract workers could be used in any station, regardless of size or flights. This use of temporary contract workers was the central issue around which MDW rallied opposition. For over 40 years, our culture has focused on the highest quality customer service delivered by dedicated, career employees. It is difficult to believe temporary contract workers, who do not have the same vested interest in the success of our great airline, can provide the same level of exceptional service our customers expect from Southwest Airlines. While job security is a priority, we are also rightfully concerned about the long-range effect contract workers will have on our customers and an airline we spent so long to build.

Cite your source Please

Back