crazyincanton

Advanced
Jan 10, 2003
December 22, 2004

To: All US Airways Flight Attendants:

As many of you are aware, our build up in Philadelphia has placed
tremendous demands on our staff and facilities. We continue to make
significant strides from a facilities perspective and now have a
much-improved environment for our customers and employees.
From a manpower perspective, we continue to face significant
challenges in keeping pace with our growth, especially in select
airport positions. As a result, we have been required to reallocate
our resources, which has reduced catering on some flights.

We have an aggressive recruitment program in place to help alleviate
this situation and are optimistic that we will restore our staffing to the

appropriate levels in the short term. Regretfully, we anticipate some
additional reallocation of personnel over the next few weeks.
Therefore, it has required us to re-look at catering not only in PHL,
but also as a whole in the event that weather, cancellations or the
inability of the commissary and/or kitchen is precluded from catering
our flights.

In this specific example, a plan to prioritize which flights receive
the necessary servicing has been developed to minimize onboard
service disruptions. Every effort will be made to service all flights,
but in some cases, some flights will not receive the normally
scheduled provisioning. Flights are being prioritized in the
following order: Transatlantic, Caribbean, Transcon, In-flight
Café flights and short haul. A communication plan has been
put in place, which will now notify Operations Control, the
upline station (s) and the crewmembers that provisioning may not
be conducted on a specific flight (s).

We appreciate your cooperation and understanding during this
challenging time and we will provide updates as necessary to
ensure that you are aware of any changes in this situation.

Should you have any questions, please contact us at the following venues:

ask Inflight Feedback Form - theHub, Inflight Services home page
[email protected]
Inflight Systems Hotline: 1-800-327-0117 prompts 1, 5, 5

Sincerely,

Sherry Groff
Vice President - Inflight Services
-------------( end of letter )--------------------------------------------------

If the DOT doesn't pull your certificate first after investigating U's disaster this past week. Luckily, baggage is separate contract. I'm sure the judge, who's interest is purely for the creditors, will deal with them as they have asked for it. As for the sick calls, 1/4 of the flight attendants called off. Inexcusable! Management should have put their foot down 10 years ago and demanded (as like at Continental) between November ? and January ? within 48 hours a doctors note is required before being able to return to work. Makes it more of a nuisuance to call off. Not all doctors will acknowledge this practice and it's harder to get into see a doctor during the holidays. Why has mgt let this practice continue year after year?

planejane cat's out of the bag...you're a CAL person. No big whoop. Still what works for CAL doesn't work at US. There is no "one-size-fits-all" approach to sick calls. You're more than aware that the average age of a US FA is much more than the average CAL FA. Never underestimate the power and resources of a flight attendant. If they need a Dr's note they'll get it.

Sorry Eye, but not employed at CAL, just have quite a few contacts throughout the industry. Seems to work just fine at CAL, so why would it not work at U? Your theory is bull crap. They have many senior F/A but unlike U, CAL is anxious to take U's business. They are patiently waiting and watching U self destruct. They have banded together to do everything in their power to succeed, so U will fail. U can work with the same policies regarding sick calls - no excuses will work. Give me one good reason this sick policy would not fit your airline!

Maybe Delta has a better sick note policy or American or Alaska or Northwest or America West or JetBlue or United. Planejane do you have any "contacts" at those carriers before coming to this "if CAL does it why don't you do it too hypothesis"?

What does your statement have to do with my question? Why would the 48 hour rule during peak travel times not work at U? One, maybe two reasons would be nice.....

Can someone explain this to me please?

I thought caterers/food service workers were not airline employees.

And she's saying basically to forget any kind of food on many flights.

Am I reading this wrong, or are we looking at vendors who think they won't get paid, and are refusing to service you?

An honest question, correct me if I'm wrong.
That's the way it looks .

US Airways has its own Fleet Service Personal that cater the airplanes at the hubs and major cities.

planejane said:
What does your statement have to do with my question? Why would the 48 hour rule during peak travel times not work at U? One, maybe two reasons would be nice.....
[post="232975"][/post]​

Planejane I am not a flight attendant. The FA contract was just opened up and I heard the company didn't ask for a 48 hour note rule during the holiday period. Why is that? Could it be that it was never a big problem until this year? Planejane point is the company didn't ask for it. Flight attendants don't put this stuff in the contract, company does. Blame the company.

Trip Confirmed said:
Am I reading this wrong, or are we looking at vendors who think they won't get paid, and are refusing to service you?

An honest question, correct me if I'm wrong.
That's the way it looks .
[post="232976"][/post]​

I believe your vendors have been on a very reserved status since your BK. Just stocking and or borrowing parts to fix your aircraft has also been a issue. And if Fleet also contains your baggage handlers, I guess we know the answer to that!

700UW said:
US Airways has its own Fleet Service Personal that cater the airplanes at the hubs and major cities.
[post="232978"][/post]​

Do they cook it, prepare it, or just deliver it?

Exactly where is the US human body shortage that results in no meals?

I'm still in the dark on the exact process here.

Thanks.

US Airways has a vendor usually LSG cook the food. US Airways stocks their own beverages, snacks etc..

They Fleet Service caterers stock their trucks, pick up any food from LSG then Cater the airplanes.

They have been pulling workers from catering to work the ramp instead of catering the flights. So not enough catering to plenish the airplanes.

Trip Confirmed said:
Do they cook it, prepare it, or just deliver it?

Exactly where is the US human body shortage that results in no meals?
I'm still in the dark on the exact process here.

Thanks.
[post="232987"][/post]​

Trip:

What're you doing on the US board? Shouldn't you be bashing NWA for something?

Back