Libya Coverup -- Who gets thrown under the bus? Hillary or Barack?

And it was not just any ANG . The one daddy got him into was a very special blunt that had a dam near zero chance of being called to active duty. Being a rich white politician has its perks.

So your saying being a rich black politician doesn't have it's perks...............correct?

Nonetheless, you are lying calling him a draft dodger. By any sense of the word he served his country.

The Bush Adminstration pulls off one of the biggest frauds since the Gulf of Tonkin but I'm the one who is lying?

Did GWB get drafted? Why did'nt he get drafted? Did getting a position in the Texas ANG that had a waiting list a mile long have something to do with it?

He was accused of dodging the draft which in itself is BS.

Funny too, according to your favorite source:

If he wanted to fly in Vietnam he could have joined the USN, USAF or USMC. Given the loss rates they were experiencing they probably would have snatched him up.

The Bush Adminstration pulls off one of the biggest frauds since the Gulf of Tonkin but I'm the one who is lying?

Did GWB get drafted? Why did'nt he get drafted? Did getting a position in the Texas ANG that had a waiting list a mile long have something to do with it?

Why do you always try and change the topic when cornered?

Bush wasn't eligible for the draft at the time is why he wasn't drafted and if he was elligible, there is no clear indication he would have been.

Yes there were lots of people trying to get into the ANG or NG at the time....I do believe they took and placed personnel based on qualifications.....like a degree for an officer and pilot. Merely being on a 'long' list DMD.....how many were looking into non flight related positions? But you can't see that through your love for Bush.

And if you really really got a hardon for anyone, it should be Ben Barnes....IF he's really telling the truth......and according to several other officers, it looks like Barnes is full of crap too.

Bush did not dodge the draft, as you failed to point out,

If he wanted to fly in Vietnam he could have joined the USN, USAF or USMC. Given the loss rates they were experiencing they probably would have snatched him up.

It is on record that he did , in fact request participation in an ANG program just for that, but I'm sure he had a diabolical plan based on the fact that he was shy of the minimum required hours to be accepted, and that would still look good some 40 years down the road.

Conscription (draft) into military service is an affront to Liberty and should not be permitted unless Congress has voted and approved a Declaration of war.

If the US military can't get enough volunteers then perhaps the Government needs to reconsider going to war every third Tuesday against some 3rd world country under the guise of National Interest.

I disagree. I think mandatory service for all citizens is the best way to protect freedom and prevent the very incursions your are against. If everyone has skin in the game then everyone is at risk. I think it would also give a large domestic force to help with natural disasters, rebuilding infrastructure and who knows what else.

Perhaps if Bush and Cheney had kids in the line of fire they may have thought a bit harder about putting our soldiers in the line of fire.

I disagree. I think mandatory service for all citizens is the best way to protect freedom and prevent the very incursions your are against. If everyone has skin in the game then everyone is at risk. I think it would also give a large domestic force to help with natural disasters, rebuilding infrastructure and who knows what else.

Perhaps if Bush and Cheney had kids in the line of fire they may have thought a bit harder about putting our soldiers in the line of fire.

When did you serve?

I know. funny question coming from him.

I did not volunteer because st the time when I was of age I did not like the fact that not everyone had to make a sacrifice.

Besides I have liabilities that would have disqualified.

Not in a country whose entire system is based upon Individual Liberty.

I also have no time for draft evaders, whether they end up in Canada or a National Guard unit.due to privilege. In 1972 my Draft number was 283, IIRC they took up to 96. I was refusing induction if it came to that. But flee to another country or enlist in an organization where the prospects of going to fight in an undeclared war are slim and none and slim left town? No Way! No How!

I love this country but NO WAY will I fight in an undeclared war or UN "Police Action" or "Conflict".and now I'm to freaking old so.....

I am a strong believer in the fact that Freedom is not free. You have to pay for it every day. Were there universal service I would have served had they allowed me in so long as I fought beside a kid of a Congress person. I want to know that they have skin in the game as well. I consider it a obligation just as in Israel, Switzerland and a host of other countries with individual libery

Back