Lil' Kim & Us Airways F/a Go At It

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
http://www.nypost.com/gossip/27476.htm

August 30, 2005 -- LIL' Kim (above) proved herself to be a first-class pain on a USAir flight from Fort Lauderdale to New York last night. The Brooklyn-born "Queen Bee" — who's headed to prison for a year and a day on a Manhattan perjury rap — was almost booted off the plane after a loud argument with a flight attendant. Our on-board snitch texted us, minutes before the 6 p.m. takeoff, "Lil' Kim totally freaked out on the attendant. Some first-class seat mix-up. Called the agent a racist and pulled a 'Do You Know Who I Am?' The attendant had no idea and could have really cared less. Taking off shortly. She's now seated in back row of first class and has to be served by the flight attendant who she fought with. Things seem a little tense up there."

She was on one of my flight to Flordia once with about 10 friends and rearranged their seats over and over again. <roll eyes>

This brings up an interesting topic. I heard an F/A from AA on Howard Stern once giving him the dirt on excellent celeb pax and horrible celeb pax. What are some of your favorite and irksome celeb pax you've encountered?

Christina Alguilera is lovely, very chatty and sweet. Since she's from PIT, she had a friend who's a F/A.

And pretty much everyone has had Richard Simmons on thier flight, he must be an Airways fan. He puts on an apron and helps out with the service and brings treats for the crew. The whole cabin becomes the Richard Simmons show...

MC Hammer had a sour face on him because he didn't get a first class seat one time.

Didn't something happen with Eminem one time?

I wonder what Lil Kim was wearing... maybe her little pasties? I love how the F/A couldn't care less who she was... and with the current age make-up of our F/As I'm not surprised she'd never heard of her.

I would have said "Why yes, you're a foul-mouthed has-been rapper semi-famous for Diana Ross grabbing your boob at an awards show. I also understand you're about to go to jail for lieing about a shooting, and you've had so much plastic surgery you look like a cat. Am I right? Good, now sit down."

PHL said:
This brings up an interesting topic. I heard an F/A from AA on Howard Stern once giving him the dirt on excellent celeb pax and horrible celeb pax. What are some of your favorite and irksome celeb pax you've encountered?
[post="294617"][/post]​
I worked in reservations several years ago at HP. The rudest passenger (including non-celebrities) that I talked to was Reggie Jackson. He was so rude and condescending. The nicest celebrity I talked to was Axl Rose (from Guns & Roses)--I actually talked to him twice.

If I remember correctly, Richard Simmons caused major trouble in PHX not too long ago (I can't remember if he was flying HP or WN at the time though). His actions made it on the news.

I had Richard Simmons as a passenger on two separate occasions. Both times, he was a hoot. Once, I was working F/C galley on a transcon 767 and was out in the cabin after the service was done and just checking on the PAX, when Richard woke up (he'd slept the first half of the flight). So, I asked him if he wanted anything to eat and told him what we had left and that he'd missed the whole lunch "production" but that I'd be happy to bring out something if he wanted. He said, "There was a PRODUCTION....and I missed it?!" He was funny. Both times I had him on a flight he wore his trademark nylon track suit! :D

I have to say, I've been lucky when it comes to celebrities. Never once have I had one that was rude or nasty. Some just obviously wanted their space and not to be bothered, but they were always very polite and pleasant about it. Some were very outgoing and interacted with the crews. Jamie Lee Curtis once came and sat down with us behind the curtain in the F/C 767 galley and had some coffee and chatted. We were going to pour her coffee into the porcelain cup and she said, "no just put it in the styrofoam cup like you guys are drinking from." Phyllis Diller drew caricatures of all the F/As on beverage napkins and gave to us. Shirley Jones got in a good quip to a pilot once. She was standing in the front galley chatting with us and waiting to use the lav when the captain stepped out of the cockpit. He looked at her and said, "Hey...didn't you used to drive a psychadelic school bus?" She said, "Yeah, and shouldn't you be driving the plane?!"

Now, I can honestly say I wouldn't know this Li'l Kim person if she was sitting in my living room. I've seen a couple of photos of her in magazines I suppose but I couldn't tell you one song she sings (not that you can consider rapping to be singing) and my answer to her "Do you know who I am?" attitude would definitely have been, "I have no idea and furthermore I don't care." Unfortunately, some celebrities have the entitlement thing going on. I'm just glad I've never had to deal with it.

rjh said:
If I remember correctly, Richard Simmons caused major trouble in PHX not too long ago (I can't remember if he was flying HP or WN at the time though). His actions made it on the news.
[post="294641"][/post]​

Some big guy ultimate fighter yelled, "Hey everyone, Richard Simmons is here! Do you think we'll be sweatin' to the oldies?!" Richard slapped the snot out of him and said, and I paraphrase, "That's what you get you big bully!" :eek: Don't say as I blame him.

Wait! Here's the article!

http://celebrityjustice.warnerbros.com/news/0403/25c.html

Here she is...

"Don't you know who I am?"
lil-kim_2005-03-23.JPG

"You're racist against orange haired people!"
1565.jpg

StewGuy86 said:
Oh she looks lovely. A real class act.
[post="294658"][/post]​

It's the worlds famous, Lil' Kim, Queen Bee
I am who I am, you just can't change me
No matter what you do, you can't take the hood out me
People been around me for years, don't know sh*t about me
Dedicated, like Muslims makin' selat
People steady try to make me into somethin' I'm not
That's why I had to cut the grass, so I could see the snakes
Copped the house on the hill so I could see the lakes
What you thought? I'm a girl, couldn't make it alone
Time to turn the heat up and get back in the zone
One day my hairs orange, the next day it's green
The trendsetter's back on your TV screen

Light Years said:
And pretty much everyone has had Richard Simmons on thier flight, he must be an Airways fan. He puts on an apron and helps out with the service and brings treats for the crew.
[post="294625"][/post]​

So *that's* where PineyBob gets it from! ;)

ringmaruf said:
So *that's* where PineyBob gets it from! ;)
[post="294678"][/post]​

You ever see Piney and Richard in the same place at the same time?

I think not!

There's a Clark Kent thing going on here.

StewGuy86 said:
Jamie Lee Curtis once came and sat down with us behind the curtain in the F/C 767 galley and had some coffee and chatted.

I'd like to sit with Jamie Lee behind a curtain and "chat".

Well.....

1 of my passengers was seated next to her (my pax in xx, hubby in xx across the aisle in First).

I called her today to make sure she got home ok, etc (she was unfortunately inconvenienced by US cause we didn't get her bags to her in time, then the hurricane hit, didn't get them back till 24 hours before they were to leave here). Anyway...

(story removed so I don't get in trouble by CCY or even DAY)

... she got vocal over very small issues, my pax (seated next to her) was eventually downgraded to coach -- she didn't care, i comp'd her UG due to the bag issue.

I guess I can say that every other word out of her mouth was a profanity when it didn't have to be...

Back