M&E "JUST POLICY"

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
How many of you are aware of the "JUST POLICY" that the TWU just signed a agreement with the company on June 15, 2011? This is another one of them safety issues to help us. "Just Policy" details procedures to personnel who are involved in a maintenance-related error or violation that leads to an event or any maintenance-related error or violation that may result in corrective action. This procudure is for all M&E personnel. This looks to be another way to harass us in the name of safety. My understanding is the company wanted to put this in place for a couple of years now. Why during negotiations did Don Videtich sign off on this thing? Why not use it as a tool to help get us something?

How where are local Prez. involed in this. who was for and against this.

Whats the big picture here.

the whole policy is on the M&E website

How many of you are aware of the "JUST POLICY" that the TWU just signed a agreement with the company on June 15, 2011? This is another one of them safety issues to help us. "Just Policy" details procedures to personnel who are involved in a maintenance-related error or violation that leads to an event or any maintenance-related error or violation that may result in corrective action. This procudure is for all M&E personnel. This looks to be another way to harass us in the name of safety. My understanding is the company wanted to put this in place for a couple of years now. Why during negotiations did Don Videtich sign off on this thing? Why not use it as a tool to help get us something?

How where are local Prez. involed in this. who was for and against this.

You sure this was something that the TWU agreed to?

How many of you are aware of the "JUST POLICY" that the TWU just signed a agreement with the company on June 15, 2011? This is another one of them safety issues to help us. "Just Policy" details procedures to personnel who are involved in a maintenance-related error or violation that leads to an event or any maintenance-related error or violation that may result in corrective action. This procedure is for all M&E personnel. This looks to be another way to harass us in the name of safety. My understanding is the company wanted to put this in place for a couple of years now. Why during negotiations did Don Videtich sign off on this thing? Why not use it as a tool to help get us something?

How where are local Prez. involved in this. who was for and against this.

I was recently informed that a 29F was not to be part of this policy. However a 29F could be used if in the end it was warranted. After all a 29F is only a fact finding measure at best. At least the is what local management has to say.

Many of us are in favor of more accountability but if the TWU agreed to this new policy I seriously doubt that will be the result. If you look at the flow chart (http://me.aa.com/justpolicy/docs/JP_Flowchart.pdf) it is apparent there's no qualified manAAgement personnel intelligent enough to figure it out anyway. BTW, why don't they use an algorithm in negotiations?

Point of order: is this different in any way from the policy in place with the APA for their ASAP inquiries?

Point of order: is this different in any way from the policy in place with the APA for their ASAP inquiries?
M&E also has a asap program for us. This is a different program.

Back