M&R LBO2 Vote Predictions

I understand what you are saying and you can rest assured your hecklers do too. I can assure you there wasn't anyone that exercised the time honored tradition of turning down O.T. until everyone was brought back off the street after the 2003 layoffs or even previous layoffs for who knows how long and if there was you could probably count em on one hand. Pretty sad some dislike Raptorman so much they think trying to twist things you say and trying to belittle you is payback for him.
A "no overtime stand" a time honored tradition? What airline do you work at? Something like this usually takes some form of representational leadership. Do you know where this work group can find the solidarity to institute such a plan?

My Prediction

Vote NO = 53%
Vote YES = 47%

Judge Rules to interirm abborgate
AA imposes this T/A and negotiations resume

Employees still recieve both the employee and company contributions plus interest from the prefunding accounts by December 25th, 2012

Headcount reductions begin immediately

Tulsa is reduced via this imposed T/A to less than 2000 heads by the end of 2 years. End result, "JOBS" were not saved by the agreement afterall. Even thought 3/22 term sheet NOT imposed the jobs are still decimated at the overhaul base in Tulsa,

All the fear mongers are proven wrong, and have more than 1000 excuses to explain their position for the next 2 years.

Yes sir I work all the overtime I can because AA is going down hill fast so I need to save up some money to mitigate the temporary loss of income from changing jobs & the stress that will cause to my new family, its every Man for himself at AA these days dude until the ride is over & we all get off.

Oh BTW I don't have much seniority so depending on how bad the layoff ends up being I might not be here after the layoff to work overtime, I figure with my seniority its just a matter of time before i'm gone which is why i'm job hunting.
A classic example of why AA is able to bend AMTs over so easily. TWU is weak, but part of the reason is the membership itself. BTW "get the #$*^% out of my foxhole!

I personally am not voting Yes because it will save my job more than likely the base will get much smaller regardless of what happens with the contract but a yes will give raises & fix the overtime so for as long as we are here we will at least make some money, anyone who thinks that voting no will save jobs is delusional that is just a quicker way of getting rid of them, what happened to the other Airlines is proof of that, voting no will not save any jobs, the company is going to get what it wants one way or the other but some of us would like to make a little money & maybe buy a little time first.
I'm looking forward to this passing on Tuesday & things getting back to normal for a while, contract negotiations suck.
The 6 years will give me time to find another job.

Oh i'm calling it 60% YES what does the winning guess win ??

The raises will be more than consumed by increased Medical and the monies you have to set aside to replace your DB Pension and Retiree Medical. What do you mean by fixing the OT? They want to rewrite the rules so thay can ask who they want when they want.

I dont recall anyone saying that Voting NO will save jobs, I agree that jobs will go away but that being the case shouldnt we be able to get pay and benifits back up to industry standards?

A classic example of why AA is able to bend AMTs over so easily. TWU is weak, but part of the reason is the membership itself. BTW "get the #$*^% out of my foxhole!

The hopelessness that he feels is the result poor leadership. People like Don Videtich, in an appointed spot where he makes six figures and has recieved annual raises throughout the process telling everyone he comes across that resistance is futile.

I hope the brother gets another job soon, I just wish he would give those who remain a better chance at turning things around.

The hopelessness that he feels is the result poor leadership. People like Don Videtich, in an appointed spot where he makes six figures and has recieved annual raises throughout the process telling everyone he comes across that resistance is futile.

The word on the base is that Don V already has his eye on an appointed Teamsters business agent if the Teamsters get in. Supposedly Gordon has some pull in picking the agents. :blink:

The word on the base is that Don V already has his eye on an appointed Teamsters business agent if the Teamsters get in. Supposedly Gordon has some pull in picking the agents. :blink:

Sorry, but when the TWU is history you'll see Phatboy going from the International side of the table to the company side of the table.
Right now that table is one and the same.

I hope the brother gets another job soon, I just wish he would give those who remain a better chance at turning things around.
A Career of negotiating nothing but (his words) #### SANDWICHES !!!!Time for another career !!

A "no overtime stand" a time honored tradition? What airline do you work at? Something like this usually takes some form of representational leadership. Do you know where this work group can find the solidarity to institute such a plan?

That was my point BUCK. You should have directed those comments to the people saying he was a disgrace to Unionship.

I believe that the membership is getting the message! Through all the information being sent out stating an opposing opinion to the fear mongers, the members are seeing through it and realize that voting "yes" does not guarantee saving jobs. in fact, voting yes and voluntarily giving away our scope and system protection enables the company to reduce jobs anytime and those people hit the street.
We are better off keeping the contract we have and this way everyone keeps their job due to our current contract language. so again, voting "yes" helps the company carve out our jobs and permanently remove us when they want

my prediction: This LBO2 is being voted down

I believe that the membership is getting the message! Through all the information being sent out stating an opposing opinion to the fear mongers, the members are seeing through it and realize that voting "yes" does not guarantee saving jobs. in fact, voting yes and voluntarily giving away our scope and system protection enables the company to reduce jobs anytime and those people hit the street.
We are better off keeping the contract we have and this way everyone keeps their job due to our current contract language. so again, voting "yes" helps the company carve out our jobs and permanently remove us when they want

Chuck I agree with you on several points you made. The membership is better informed because of the many resources available through the Internet. Educating the membership is top priority. I thank all the individuals who have stressed a NO vote and the reasons why. I thank the union officers who have distributed information via video, newspaper ads, radio and letters to the entire membership involved in this voting process. The local Presidents and their officers have fought hard for a cause. Voting Yes will NOT save jobs or benefits. Voting Yes will give jobs away and benefits as well. Why would we voluntarily give away our benefits and put ourselves on the street at any time the company desires is beyond what unions were created. Yes jobs will be lost but how they pursue it will be uncontrollable by the membership if we vote Yes. We will have no recourse action since the language has been either removed or left open to interpretation. I read a article on the Dallas morning news in reference to JetBlue. AA said they need contracts in place before they can pursue a merger or acquisition. They need contracts in place before they can proceed. In the mean time AA is making money and the cash reserves have been increasing since filing. Here we are in August and we are still fighting for a decent contract. Time is on our side not the company. Read the articles out there. Pressure is building on AA to have an exit plan. AA is so desperate they offered to pay for legal expenses for all three unions if an agreement is in place. New aircraft are coming real soon and the company needs to get the training and parts available to maintain them. Time is growing short for AA not the employees. My biggest fear is not as much as this LBO passing but if it fails and Gary Drummond signs off on it. There is enormous pressure on the TWU to pass this LBO for their personal interests not the membership. Then all they can say is that we voted it in or we had to sign off on it in the best interest of the membership and the company's survival in BK. So I end this post with a VOTE NO and keep on fighting. Time is on our side.

I agree Chuck.

There is a visual difference that stands out now.

It is that there is a difference between an indivdual's job and overall headcount.

This T/A might very well save some "inidivduals" their job. But overall headcount will be reduced substantially over the next 2-6 years and especially at the Tulsa Maintenance Base.

Steve Luis, Bob Owens, Gary Peterson, Larry Pike, and even Jim Ream have all stated this publicly. And only the company man Ream is advocating a yes vote. Steve Luis even publicly stated that we should vote no on this.

The Local 514 Leadership has stood in front of a media camera and claimed their path will save jobs in Tulsa and benefit the economy. These leaders are either ignorant or liars. Saving indivduals their jobs, while allowing attrition to decimate your headcount over a few years is not helping any economic status of a community. The economic health of a local economy would be dependent on a job security clause that assures a certain number of heads (jobs) will remain on the payroll.

All this agreement does is temporarily save about 550 individual their personal jobs, but the payroll and the economic impact of that payroll will be reduced by thousands, yes thousands. a huge amount in Tulsa over the next several years. Even the Tulsa Chamber of Commerce was lured into the Local 514 Leadership Lie. And to boot, I bet as the new aircraft arrive even some of the 550 lose their jobs anyway as nobody will be able to afford to retire and attrition will slow.

I agree Chuck and I would like to point out that all this communications is possible because the line guys have taken control of our locals and are using our resources to put out the otherside of the story.This will all be lost if we go Teamsters the line guys will all be thrown into large IBT locals we will never control and our ability to balance the lies coming from the INTL whether it be TWU or IBT will cease we cannot allow this to happen even if it means staying in the TWU for now. This small simulance of democracy has already proved invaluable please keep this in mind as we move forward we cannot afford to return to the dark days before the seperate locals.

Does anyone believe if we were still in the same locals as fleet this would not have already passed. if you do ask yourself why Stores and M&R the majority members in the seperate locals are the ones that voted it down.

Latest posts

Back