M&R LBO2 Vote Predictions

Some great points being made here from Chuck, 1AA, Informer, and aapitbull. I would just add that it was enjoyable watching from the sidelines here, and I am optimistic about what our union could be if we were under a structure that let the leaders who have stepped up in a big way be able to actually negotiate a contract for us.

Our dues money working for us again!
514.jpg

514.jpg

You mean the not so Vote Yes truth.
Jobs gone no matter what. But how they go about it and how many the company does not really know. Vote Yes and you will guarantee no Article 42, No pension, No prefunding for retirement, No overtime or field trip agreements and so on and so on and so on............................

I believe that the membership is getting the message! Through all the information being sent out stating an opposing opinion to the fear mongers, the members are seeing through it and realize that voting "yes" does not guarantee saving jobs. in fact, voting yes and voluntarily giving away our scope and system protection enables the company to reduce jobs anytime and those people hit the street.
We are better off keeping the contract we have and this way everyone keeps their job due to our current contract language. so again, voting "yes" helps the company carve out our jobs and permanently remove us when they want

my prediction: This LBO2 is being voted down

I think your wrong Chuck the contract will pass because Local 514 is fighting for it this time & that will make the difference in my opinion.

514.jpg

As I said Local 514 is fighting for passage of this agreement, They are making a very good case for voting for it and from what i'm hearing from fellow Mechanics it's working.
We will know in a couple of days who made the most sense to the members.

As I said Local 514 is fighting for passage of this agreement, They are making a very good case for voting for it and from what i'm hearing from fellow Mechanics it's working.

Do you find anything wrong with the union fighting as hard as management for passage of a contract? Do you honestly believe that both, since they are fighting together on this, are looking out for best interests?

I think your wrong Chuck the contract will pass because Local 514 is fighting for it this time & that will make the difference in my opinion.

Now I am convinced. For you it's all about Tulsa. Screw the rest INCLUDING this once proud Career of being a Aircraft Technician. Screwing the other carriers is no problem with you. You must sleep well at night. Now go back to your master at the union hall and wait for your next set of instructions. I do believe you are alone here and are making it look like you have many followers. Regardless of the outcome you are only looking at yourself and not the whole picture.

Do you find anything wrong with the union fighting as hard as management for passage of a contract? Do you honestly believe that both, since they are fighting together on this, are looking out for best interests?

They are both fighting for it for different reasons & you know that, the Union wants to minimize the damage the bankruptcy causes the Local & the members & the company wants to increase profits so while different reasons it is in both side's best interest to work together to pass this offer & that is what they are doing.
Also their is a difference between local Management & Corporate Management, I'm pretty sure they both have different agenda's for different reasons as well.
so no I find nothing wrong with Local Management & Local 514 working together to pass this agreement.

They are both fighting for it for different reasons & you know that, the Union wants to minimize the damage the bankruptcy causes the Local & the members & the company wants to increase profits so while different reasons it is in both side's best interest to work together to pass this offer & that is what they are doing.
Also their is a difference between local Management & Corporate Management, I'm pretty sure they both have different agenda's for different reasons as well.
so no I find nothing wrong with Local Management & Local 514 working together to pass this agreement.

That is true but I believe that Federal Law was violated while the company and the company Union were working together. Who cares about your opinion regarding the right or wrong of the colusion. Wait until a Federal Judge is informed about what happened.

One thing is for sure once this is all over with is that the TWU has to go! let's get serious about voting them out sign an AMFA card

The TWU doesn't have the AMT'S best . They have always screwed us over in contracts one way or another. We as a group have to vote them out ! Does anyone really think they deserve a raise with this crap they have us voting on? We have taken a beaten since 2003 living under the crap they brought back to us yet they are sitting pretty getting raised, enjoying 100 sick time and all holidays! If we do anything as a group is to vote those pos out!

The truth of the matter is that the TWU has conspired with the company. The buyout offer is for the "I got mine" crowd who will take their 30 pieces of silver and leave the rest of us to live with the mess. The "Promises" of less layoffs is for the lower seniority folks who will vote to save their jobs only to see that, just like 2003, AA will lay them off anyway. I have a brilliant idea. Why don't they let all go who want the buyout, then have their layoff, then let those left vote on the contract. You wanna know why they won't do that? Because the vast majority of those left will vote no. I really feel badly for the low seniority people because they are being used by the TWU to help push a lousy contract. Those that vote yes for the buyout are despicable. Devide and conquer is what AA has done with the blessing of the TWU since I have been with this company. Oh but the evil line guys will throw the overhaul guys under the bus if we vote no. So I guess the overhaul guys would rather throw the overhaul guys under the bus. Good thinking. I would like for there to be an I.Q. test before someone is able to vote. That would eliminate a large percentage of the Tulsa guys and a good many yes votes. Sorry, but voting yes is just plain stupid. No other way to say it. So before you start with the insults, look at all the crap that has been passed in the last thirty years in contracts and you can thank Tulsa. Stupid is what stupid does.

Back