Mainline Pilot Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two new points of interest in this thread.

I believe Bruce Lakefield is a man of integrity and honor. He's a "straight shooter" and just because some of us do not like his "reality" message, that does not make him dishonrable or a bad person.

Yesterday US Airways ALPA MEC Chairman Bill Pollock, another retired Navy Commander, told pilots and yesterday's MEC meeting "I know Bruce (Lakefield) to be a man of utmost integrity and the consummate man of his word."

See comments

In regard to those who have military service, I believe some of the negative comments about active or reserve personnel in this thread clearly show a lack of understanding of military personnel.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Are you that dense?

It does not matter if he was the King of Siam, just because someone served the military does not make them honorable or hero worship status, get a grip, call the EAS.

Military Men
Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Saddam, Napolean, Castro,Idi Amin,Noriega, Pinochet, Franco, Chairman Mao, Kim ll Jong, Kim ll Sung, Qadafi and countless others, Do I need to go on? Do they deserve respect too?

Just when you think you can't sink to a new low, you go even lower.

ual06 said:
9/11 ?????????????????????????????????????????
So now what? Do we kill everyone who looks, acts, thinks, lives a different culture than us?

Did we gain anything at all by what has happened so far?

Are we any safer with the color codes?

Do you feel safe now that a lot of your freedoms have been and are being removed?

Would it make you feel better if we just went to a military state, or better yet one world government with a guy like Lakefield in charge, so we all could RESPECT him?

9/11 provided a great excuse for the GOP to run crazy with it's wacko ideas of what they think we should live and think like.

LMFAO...you people kill me. Michael Moore would be a better president. He has better ideas as to what USA is about versus what’s in control at this time! And, that doesn’t include a military who feels killing innocents is necessary when in reality it is doing nothing except turning the entire planet against the USA. This is a religious war, it's that simple. The USA military isn’t going to win this one unless everyone enlisted starts praying several times a day to Allah.

700 I think we are talking about American military. Of course you would use any argument to fight against certain posters on here.
Same ol' same ol'.

Benedict Arnold, Tailhook scandal, Air Force Academy Rapes, American Soldiers in Japan raping underage women, the American Soldiers that tortured and humilated Iraqi Prisoners, do I need to go on?

USA320Pilot said:
There are two new points of interest in this thread.

I believe Bruce Lakefield is a man of integrity and honor. He's a "straight shooter" and just because some of us do not like his "reality" message, that does not make him dishonrable or a bad person.

Yesterday US Airways ALPA MEC Chairman Bill Pollock, another retired Navy Commander, told pilots and yesterday's MEC meeting "I know Bruce (Lakefield) to be a man of utmost integrity and the consummate man of his word."

See comments

In regard to those who have military service, I believe some of the negative comments about active or reserve personnel in this thread clearly show a lack of understanding of military personnel.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
USA320,

Because ALPA is a Lakefield/bronnerhead bunch of worshipers, or because ALPA's perception is that Lakefield has integrity, does not erase the fact that these two "wallstreet" mavericks have a major stake in this airline and its called stock.

There is no sound reason, other than ALPA trying to save their own hides to give concessions. INTEGRITY is not a valid reason to give an additional $800 million and another $7 mils to rid the airline of Dave an Neal, and blindly throw it to the wind. Bronner said he would not throw good money after bad...but he expects labor to save his investment at all cost to themselves.

ALPA has not come up with one reasonable perspective to warrant asking the pilots for anther $300 million. hOWEVER, YOUR MEC Pres. looks very cute in the Post Gazette today standing next to Lakefield all stary-eyed over the guy.

Tell us how do the pilots feel having their MEC President sit on the Board of Directors as well as sit as one of the ALPA negotiators? AFA has real issues with that and took action.

BTW, THERE WILL BE MAJOR FURLOUGHS!

700UW said:
Benedict Arnold, Tailhook scandal, Air Force Academy Rapes, American Soldiers in Japan raping underage women, the American Soldiers that tortured and humilated Iraqi Prisoners, do I need to go on?
I see that you had to use a period of over 200 years to find 5 examples of military misconduct. I wonder how many military men and women have served over that period and what % of them were involved in any kind of misconduct like your examples?

In you ongoing fervor to attack and discredit A320, you have chosen to bash your own country's military in a pathetic effort to score a trite debating point. If A320 had said he admired Lakefield because he was Catholic, you'd be on here bashing the Pope and the Virgin Mary.

It would really be easy for me to get angry at pathetic dirtballs who stoop to such tactics...but actually, I feel sorry for you. And even more sorry for those people who have to be around you.

700UW said:
700UW: Read this.

No, you dont need to go on. You love looking for the one or two rotten apples in the entire orchard. What sense of perverse pleasure you must get. The orchard is truely wholesome and a few worms dont ruin the crop.

Now for my opinion of you from your posting: You are obviously a pusillanimous little man with no stature in anyones eyes. If you dont know what that means, look it up.

I honor the military service of USA320Pilot, Bruce Lakefield, my friends, and anyone else who answered the call for any period of time in selfless service to their nation.

If I could block your postings, I would.

DENVER, CO
USAF

Lets get this back on topic or it will be closed. If you want to continue the other thread in this topic, take it to the Just Conversation board.
Thanks.

You all are missing the point.

He said Lakefield and Pollack are honest and believable because they were military man, that is BS.

Because someone is or was in the military does not anoint them sainthood.

I respect our men and women of the Armed Forces, but 320's reasoning that because Lakefield was in the military we should worship is a crock of manure.

ua767fo said:
If you dont know what that means, look it up.
To save everyone the trouble here it is....
Had to check to make sure you werent getting a warning, ya know? :shock:

Word of the Day for Monday January 14, 2002
pusillanimous \pyoo-suh-LAN-uh-muhs\, adjective:
Lacking in courage and resolution; contemptibly fearful; cowardly.

Evil, unspeakable evil, rose in our midst, and we as a people were too weak, too indecisive, too pusillanimous to deal with it.
--Kevin Myers, "An Irishman's Diary," Irish Times, October 20, 1999

Under the hypnosis of war hysteria, with a pusillanimous Congress rubber-stamping every whim of the White House, we passed the withholding tax.
--Vivien Kellems, Toil, Taxes and Trouble

You are now anxious to form excuses to yourself for a conduct so pusillanimous.
--Ann Radcliffe, The Italian

700UW:

USA320Pilot said: “I also like the fact he is honest and a fellow Naval Officer.â€￾

700UW Said: “He is not sincere and honest and being a formal navy officer has nothing to do with being a businessman and running an airline.â€￾

Winglet said: '"Fellow Naval Officer" . . . . oh, please, stop. You're killing me! ROTFLMAO!"

USA320Pilot comments: As a retired military officer I take offense to your comment. Lakefield served over 20 years in the military where people put their life on the line so people like you can post on this message board and to enjoy the liberties this country offers. To insult or make a joke about any member of the United States military, especially in this day in time, shows pure disrespect.

700UW said: “You all are missing the point. He said Lakefield and Pollack are honest and believable because they were military man, that is BS.

Ua767fo said: “No, you dont need to go on. You love looking for the one or two rotten apples in the entire orchard. What sense of perverse pleasure you must get. The orchard is truely wholesome and a few worms dont ruin the crop. Now for my opinion of you from your posting: You are obviously a pusillanimous little man with no stature in anyones eyes. If you dont know what that means, look it up. I honor the military service of USA320Pilot, Bruce Lakefield, my friends, and anyone else who answered the call for any period of time in selfless service to their nation. If I could block your postings, I would.â€￾

700UW: Can you tell me where I said “Lakefield and Pollack are honest and believable because they were military man? I said I like the fact he is honest and a fellow Naval Officer. They are two separate points. Separately, I take great, great offense to anybody who attacks the thousands and thousands of men and women who serve our country in the Armed Forces. Your posts above are repulsive. It is clear you do not understand the sacrifices people make in the military, whether deployed, active, or reserve, so people like you can do what you want, including insulting people on this message board!!!

With disgust,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:

USA320Pilot said: “I also like the fact he is honest and a fellow Naval Officer.â€￾
You have been kicked off the ALPA boards for lying and personal threats against fellow pilots (me). You need so sit out for a while and decide who you are for. Take a break. You are NOT a fine example of a retired military official, you are in fact the reverse. Take a break. We are all ashamed of you. Greeter.

PineyBob said:
Just curious PITbull, could you ever say that ANYONE who disagrees with your position has Integrity?
Just curious Bobby boy. Could you leave these boards alone for more than 24 hours without feeling compelled to tell another human being how you feel, why you feel, or how and why to think as you do?

Why is it you have this deep seeded need to express your self ordained wisdom in all aspects of an U employee’s life?

Do you really believe because you are a customer you have this God given right to bestow upon us the U employees all your learned wisdom from your uncle, aunt, daddy ect?

Do you think we were grown in a test tube and lack human fostering and nurturing, that we would be lost without your much needed daily input of infinite wisdom?

No wait, I think I have the answers. I’ll call my good friend in EAS and arrange an appointment for you ASAP. Maybe they can find some REAL wisdom for you to feed on, instead of Wendy’s everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back