Maintenance - How Was The "first Day"?

NYPD

Sep 7, 2002
What is everyone's take on the new "trimmed-down" maintenance department?

I'm just curious to know how things are going in different stations and departments during the first few weeks after the furloughs and voluntaries have departed.

Are there enough mechanics, cleaners, and parts to maintain the fleet?

Will more work get farmed out?

Will mechanics need to be recalled?

Will utility personel need to be recalled?

NYPD said:

[post="258964"][/post]​
Stayed tuned at this same time on this same internet board for more late breath taking updates on “As the U Flounders" teetering or otherwise disintegrates into minute particles while teetering above that great place of moral filth where once great companies became infected and surrendered to the deadly contagion known as "corporate hack syndrome" where once infected the fatality rate is 100% and the suffering lasts forever more. Like a black hole that sucks in evil and spits out the innocents….

NYPD said:

I'm just curious to know how things are going in different stations and departments during the first few weeks after the furloughs and voluntaries have departed.

[post="258964"][/post]​

I am sure the first day in PIT was great.. Under the fine leadership of Spinoid and Chopper and the dynamic duo of Louie the Weasel and Osama Bin Lewis nothing can go wrong.. They are the dream team of Base Maintenance.

Their collective experience is equal to 1 year.. Osama who has spent Zero wrench time on aircraft, Chopper who was removed from aircraft because all he did was damage them, Spinoid who can't spell Break Time (he spells it brake time) and Louie the New York Cry Baby only knew the F28, after they took it away he had a panic attack and went out and got his free labotomy..

I am sure with the leadership and the many many many years of senior people that came from the shops and are now working on the Airbus things are perfect.. Most are glad the rest are gone.. Be gone with all you losers is the chant of the day.

I am sure things are running like a Swiss watch.. Clear Skies ahead..

Osama and Spinoid are already planning for all the third party work they are going to get.. True leaders of the industry.

I feel bad for the employees whom were recently let go. But they are the lucky ones as the may get all or part of their severance. The ones still working will get nothing.

--Vote "Yes" and see great things happen. :lol:

justaumechanic said:
I am sure with the leadership and the many many many years of senior people that came from the shops and are now working on the Airbus things are perfect.. Most are glad the rest are gone.. Be gone with all you losers is the chant of the day.

[post="258985"][/post]​
When the final words are written they will point out that the early ones out lived to see the sun shine once again where the other older "supposed" to be wiser ones cried in disbelief and angry as the last flicker of life went out of the beast called U. We have become the watchers, watching the walls flake, crack and crumble on the remaining poor souls who believed they had a chance and laughed at those furloughed thinking falsely theirs was now a secure place to reside.

NYPD said:
I'm just curious to know how things are going in different stations and departments during the first few weeks.

Ooo boy. Three non-english speaking women boarded a flight in CLT today. HAD NO IDEA where the GARBAGE was kept because NO CARRIERS WERE EMPTIED. Phone calls made. Agents and Flight Attendants had to DO THEIR JOB.

(that's only my opinion)

A hangar wide announcement was made:

“ ALL FIRST SHIFT MECHANICS…ALL FIRST SHIFT MECHANICS ...PLEASE KEEP YOUR WALKERS & WHEELCHAIRS CLEAR OF THE ISLE’S AND WORKSTANDSâ€￾…Thank you.

SL

Smartest Loser said:
A hangar wide announcement was made:

“ ALL FIRST SHIFT MECHANICS…ALL FIRST SHIFT MECHANICS ...PLEASE KEEP YOUR WALKERS & WHEELCHAIRS CLEAR OF THE ISLE’S AND WORKSTANDSâ€￾…Thank you.

SL
[post="259178"][/post]​
is there preferred wheelchair parking available??
break time wheel chair races??
wheel chair olympics?
local paper pic:
leroy schmidley from PIT 473 reports for his new assignment

Back