Management Bonus!

Charlotte Observer Story

4 top US Airways executives get pay raises

AIRLINES

US Airways' board of directors approved raises for four top executives, the airline said in a securities filing Tuesday. Chief Executive Doug Parker's base salary will remain at $550,000, the airline said. It set other base pay as follows:• Executive Vice President Jeffrey McClelland will make $425,000, up from the $400,000 he made in 2004.

• Executive Vice President Scott Kirby will make $425,000, up from $380,000 last year.

• Chief Financial Officer Derek Kerr will make $300,000, up from $262,000 last year.

• Executive Vice President Al Crellin will make $400,000, up from $347,000 last year.

As far as I can see half million a year is not out of line for a CEO of a company the size of the new US. DP and the guys may have gotten a pay raise, but they also have twice the headaches.

As far as I can see half million a year is not out of line for a CEO of a company the size of the new US. DP and the guys may have gotten a pay raise, but they also have twice the headaches.

You're right it is not out of line and is comparable to other airline execs, but it is not by coincidence that this was quickly agreed to by the BOD compensation committee and filed one day prior to earnings release.

It is when it is more of the salaries of the CEOs of WN and B6 who are profitible and US is not.

B6 is one of the most profitable airlines.

Neeleman of B6 makes about $200,000.

Gary Kelly of WN makes $322,436 a year in salary.

How much does the CEO of WN make? You can't compare the size of our operation to B6.
Looking at base salary
Colleen Barrett - President of Southwest - $339,835
David Neeleman - CEO of Jetblue - $270,000

source: salary.com

Is that all they get? Any "extras"?
Sure ...all of them get bonuses and stock options but only if the company makes a profit and stockholder value is increased. Let's assume that no one makes a profit....then the best way to compare is their base salary. So all things being equal is the EVP of LCC operations worth more than the president of WN?

:blink: I would take those "headaches" for $400K plus a year!!! We have as much at stake, make tough decisions everyday and with the integration issues we are encountering, we should get some decent raises too. Yet, I'm sure we will not see that type of percentage at any other level in the company...

All,

Still have not figured out ( or missed ) how mgt contributed to Usairways turnaround with the 1% concessions and 700 million in cost savings proposed during everyone else concession package. Anyone know how they accomplised said proposal? Were these raises figured in?

FA

Back