Management Layoffs Have Started

Status
Not open for further replies.

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
Heard earlier today and confirmed an hour ago, that between 250 and 350 management employees (mostly in Sales) were notified this morning that their employment with US Airways was terminated, effective immediately.

Don't have any confirmed details on the severance packages, aside from a year of flight privileges.

I suspect this is just the start, with more to follow next week.

This commences the 30% reduction in work force the company had planned across the board. However, I am curious to see what senior ranks go if any.

Senior ranks don't go, they just made another VP last week.

Gotta to keep the executive washroom filled to capacity.

How about a little compassion for fellow employees hitting the streets they have families and obligations just as you do.

us10

This management had no compassion laying off 20,000 rank and file workers since 2001.

Go ask the Tampa Maintenance Hangar former employees who were sent to a breakroom at 3AM right before Thanksgiving and were told you no longer have a job in Tampa about compassion.

My heart goes out to all the CCY employees that are let go. It's horrible and I never like to see people loose thier jobs. Lets not be cruel or mean....our turn will be right around the corner at this rate.

us10 said:

How about a little compassion for fellow employees hitting the streets they have families and obligations just as you do.

us10
[post="178184"][/post]​

Actually us10, I agree with you. I really don't want to see any employees lose jobs.

"Good Grief! I bet alot of the 350 or however many earn less than utility or F/A's."

And if you bet your UAIR stock you can't lose.

700, get a life! thats 350 people who have families and obligations just like you!Just cuz they went to college and chose a different path than you doesnt mean they are the enemy!

My heartfelt best wishes extend to those affected--it is terrible when anyone loses a job--especially under these circumstances. I hope they are able to recover and situate themselves quickly.

Interesting timing though---

My best to you all....

airbiiguy:
I resent the implication that labor is not college educated and were just stupid. I now some people that never went to collge and are 10 times smarter than most I went to school with. I went to one of the best colleges in the country and I do this job becuase I like it....not becuase I must. :angry:

Please show me where I wished bad things on them?

I did no such thing, you people are putting words into my posts.

Senior ranks don't go, they just made another VP last week.

Gotta to keep the executive washroom filled to capacity.

And there is no proof anyone was laid-off, it has not been confirmed.

airbusboy, did you finish?? I didn;t imply rank and file are dumb. I was one of them, until I was furloughed and then I got a job in my field.

Yes I finished college [edited by moderator] Your just too much to deal with and your quite rude. I still don't like you from your comments on domestic partners way back. Time to hit IGNORE...your not worth reading.

haha, you called me a toad. Thats top class right there. Are you mad because I believe that DP should not be same-sex? By the way, If you went to such a great college then why settle for such a low paying job? Whats the point of going to school if you don't use what you learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.