Mechanics Election

Which union would serve our interests best?

• AMFA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TWU

• Teamsters

• Total voters
NewHampshire Black Bears said:
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Bob,

(As you well know) the TW Useless would be "booted" by the IBT, in a "New York Minute" !!!!!!

NH/BB's
[post="285258"][/post]​

Call it Pollyanna-ish if you want, but I hope even the threat of a representation election will wake the incumbent union(s) up, and force them to be more receptive to their respective memberships.

If there's going to be a Teamsters drive, it needs to get rolling and fast! Tulsa and MCI should lead the way NOW! We do not want the TWU negotiating for us in 2006! :down:

Wretched Wrench said:
HAH! They have already negotiated and it is a done deal.

Results announced later.
[post="285395"][/post]​

Thats right. All you have to do is look at the AMR Annual Report they sent us where it says they have contracts in place till 2008. The "openers" are not contract openers according to the company they are only openers for talks about the contract for 2008.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
All I know is that if we don't get rid of the TWU, we might get another six year contract extension in 2008 or is it 2009.
[post="285506"][/post]​

I can't take another 6.....

proAMFA said:
The temptation to vote for almost anybody that would kick the TWU's butt out of town is definately there. I have doubts that the Teamsters would be such putty in the hands of the company. I guess if your willing to have a union dictate to you than you'd like an industrial type union, but if you are willing to chart your own course using a more democratic approach than AMFA is the way to go. AMFA's greatest weakness is its greatest strength. The membership decides which way to advance. Though the industrial unions claim the same we all know that they "sell" a contract to the membership. At the IAM at US Airways the mechanics "got it wrong" and had to vote again. The TWU always recommends to the membership which way to vote and also will go as far as fabricating lies in order to get the membership to vote the way they are "supposed to". They scared the crap out of the membership in 2003 with lies about what would happen if the membership voted no. I would be ashamed to claim to have anything to do with the TWU after that. Still I must admit the fact that it is awful hard to displace the well entrenched company union since they have the govt., the co. and stooges who sell themselves out for a hat or a t-shirt supporting them-the lure of the Teamsters having the strength to displace the TWU is definately there.
[post="285056"][/post]​

The Continental employees are represented by the teamsters and have recently capitulated to a concessionary agreement without as much as a wimper. Out of all thats out there, I'll choose AMFA any day.

Take Care,
B) UT

UAL_TECH said:
The Continental employees are represented by the teamsters and have recently capitulated to a concessionary agreement without as much as a wimper. Out of all thats out there, I'll choose AMFA any day.

Take Care,
B) UT
[post="285703"][/post]​

And let us not forget who was the first to give concessions...The Teamsters at Air Trans

AirTran Airways reaches agreement with Teamster; Teamsters-represented employees will accept reduced workweek, BW0333 SEP 18,2001 16:45 EASTERN via AOLNews.
AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AAI), announced today that the International Brotherhood of Teamsters Local 528, which represents approximately 530 mechanics, inspectors, instructors, ground support equipment mechanics and stores clerks at the airline, has agreed to temporary changes in its collective bargaining agreement. These changes will save approximately 21% in mechanic-related costs and position AirTran Airways to deal with the slowdown in air travel in the aftermath of last week's tragedies.
Negotiators for both AirTran Airways and the Teamsters worked quickly to develop the agreement that calls for a reduced workweek, other compensation deferrals, and work rule changes providing for flexibility in scheduling. While these temporary changes are in place, there will be no furloughs or involuntary reductions in the size of the Teamsters' represented workforce. The Teamsters' membership overwhelmingly ratified the agreement [yester]day.
[Here is a part of the labor movement that is getting smart and prioritizing their historical power lever, workweek reduction, in order to eliminate their historical power leak, mass layoffs. Here's hoping that Teamsters Local 528 gives ideas to a lot of other locals and unions. Unfortunately, no details on the reduced workweek agreed to here are given in the Business Wire release. But management is apparently very happy with the whole thing too -]
"We are very pleased with the cooperation we received from the Teamsters and their membership to reach a meaningful agreement in such an expedient fashion," states Joe Leonard, chairman and CEO. "This agreement gives the airline much needed flexibility in scheduling, pay, and other work rules. We congratulate the Teamsters on both their leadership and the spirit of cooperation during this time," states Leonard....

Like I said the only discussion is on this site! The members are educated enough to know about the few rotten eggs!

Amfa is still the companies best tool!!!!!!!

As for a Poll? 10 votes from 18,600 ? Seems the majority voted when WE made the choice not to sign a card!!!!!!

cio,

Forget already-the majority did sign cards. We were stripped of the right to have an election. Hope that makes you feel happy.

In regard to this from CIO:

ike I said the only discussion is on this site! The members are educated enough to know about the few rotten eggs!

As for a Poll? 10 votes from 18,600 ? Seems the majority voted when WE made the choice not to sign a card!!!!!!

--------------------
Amfa Subsidiary of McCormick Group (MAG)along with Home Owner Groups and PFAA

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CIO, The simple fact that the TWU during this last AMFA card drive was successful at diluting the mechanics and related with the likes of pillow fluffers and baggage handlers to be included as eligible voters - ought to speak to the TWU desperation. Lets take it a step further, how about attempting to include dead people, as well as retired and others from non related job catagories to be considered eligible.

As a 20 year TWU member, one thing about this union is abundantly clear, it's not so much about the members well being, as it is for the support of the union itself and more importantly - the union leadership.

Your attitude towards AMTs at NWA speaks volumes. You are a sick bastard. You represent the TWU leadership mentality. On the other hand, I will venture to bet over 90% of our AMTs at AA support what the AMFA is doing at NWA.

Here's the deal, the battle for AMT representation at AA is far from over. Most AMTs can see that the future is goig to be a challenge, and facing that challenge with the TWU representing us isn't very reassuring.

Checking it Out,Aug 4 2005, 06:51 PM]
Like I said the only discussion is on this site! The members are educated enough to know about the few rotten eggs!

Just keep on believing that CIO, just like believing that its safe to top off the tank of a running lawnmower.

Oh really? Seems like NWA is trying hard to get rid of them. Now which union proved to be the most effective tool at lowering the bar for to its present level? I'll give you a hint T W U, AA didnt even have to go BK to get the concessions either.

Its kind of hard to get Dead people to sign cards.

Are you aware it was determined the list was correct?

Amfa inflated their list by Soliciting Management. So who is Managements favorite tool these days???

Checking it Out said:

Amfa inflated their list by Soliciting Management. So who is Managements favorite tool these days???
[post="285994"][/post]​

"Tell a lie over and over again and the people will believe it.â€￾ --Heinrich Himmler

You wish.

Checking it Out said:

[post="285994"][/post]​

Yeah management deemed the list correct, but hey, they never lied. :shock:

CIO...You'll always be management favorite tool boy. If it wasn't for the AA job, you would be in a hotel in Tuscon getting ready to scab at NWA.

Latest posts

Back