Mechanics pay

Duke787

Veteran
Feb 6, 2008
ord
I'm an AMT from AA. What is the pay for a day shift line aircraft mechanic? Trying to find out what my pay is going to be come sept 2015, as my union only negotiated for average pay of UAL, Delta, and USAirways mechanics pay. Right now we are at $35.55 an hour, 5 sick days a year 1/2 pay for first day, 5weeks vacation after 25 years, 5 holidays paid, that's the good stuff. :-( my union negotiated for this 9 YEARS before bankruptcy.

Thanks

Reactions: 1 person
Delta topped out line AMT - $6855 a month or $82260 a year, ten holidays, 25 days vacation after 25 years, 56 hours a year of PPT used for sick time or whatever you want to use it for and it can be rolled over to somewhere in the neighborhood of 160 hours i believe.

Just to add on: You can bank up to 3 yrs. worth (168 hrs.). Anything after that goes to what DL calls a "Certified Time Bank" that one can tap into for any illness lasting more than 7 days... Once your CTB is at it's max (150 days, or 1200 hours), you have to either use your PPT or cash out any excess.

So thats about $39.55 an hour.

So what does DL all do, I know they farm out overhaul and interior mods, so what is exactly done at TOC?

Reactions: 2 people
Delta topped out line AMT - $6855 a month or $82260 a year, ten holidays, 25 days vacation after 25 years, 56 hours a year of PPT used for sick time or whatever you want to use it for and it can be rolled over to somewhere in the neighborhood of 160 hours i believe.
Thank You

700UW said:

So what does DL all do, I know they farm out overhaul and interior mods, so what is exactly done at TOC?
How much does an AMT have to pay in union dues? How much of your profit sharing does your union take from you for whatever reason they decide? Did Delta outsource parts of OH during BK like all the other airlines? How many stations were closed for maint? AA closed AFW MCI MSP DTW SUJ SJU and a few more I can't remember, about 2500 mechs gone from MCI and AFW alone.

Did Delta take a 20% pay and benefit cut 9 years before bankruptcy? Does delta's other employees get a much better 401k deal then a mechanic?

bigjets said:
How much does an AMT have to pay in union dues? How much of your profit sharing does your union take from you for whatever reason they decide? Did Delta outsource parts of OH during BK like all the other airlines? How many stations were closed for maint? AA closed AFW MCI MSP DTW SUJ SJU and a few more I can't remember, about 2500 mechs gone from MCI and AFW alone.

Did Delta take a 20% pay and benefit cut 9 years before bankruptcy? Does delta's other employees get a much better 401k deal then a mechanic?
First of all Union Dues are tax deductable.

Two, no union gets any money from the member or the company for profit sharing, that is paid directly to the employee.

Third, DL closed their DFW hangar and hub, DL closed their MCO hangar and Hub, DL closed their TPA hangar.

Some was done before and during chapter 11.

Go look up Leadership 7.5 and you will see what DL did to their employees before chapter 11.

And if their merger with NW, NW already closed DUL, ATL and I believe DL and NW finished off MSP.

DL outsources all their overhaul and the  majority of their mods, they have DGS and contract mechanics at the TOC in ATL along with their own mechanics.

Maybe you should educate yourself a bit before you post.

The TWU took about 14% of the equity that was suppose to go to the union membership, we were already getting less then the FAs. The TWU decided to do that.

AA outsources the 757 767 777 heavy checks they will outsource the 787 and have made no garentee about the airbus.

AA outsources all IFE work, so there are contractors working on AA aircraft at ALL AA stations.

Mechanics gave up push backs and de icing over 20 years , the TWU leads the way in concessions.

Does delta have OSMs? Mechanics working as a lower classification and less pay, but still counted as AMTs on the seniority list.

700 do you even work at AA?

700UW said:

None of your business!

Kev3188 said:
Yes. They're called "ASM's" here. TOS is $24.81 after 4.5 yrs...
No. ASM's are not included in the AMT's seniority list!

Reactions: 1 person