Mechanics

psufan35

Apr 21, 2011
Is this forum just for pilots or are there any mechanics on here? Would like to see if there are any other mechanics on here and get your opinions on what you feel are good things and not so good things in regards to working for US Air. I know a lot has changed over the years, some what I have noticed, wasn't necessarily for the good. Why does it seem that supervisors are so hesitant to send people to training these days? I'm just looking for a general feel for how the company treats us, the ones who keep the planes in the air and make the big wigs their money.

Is this forum just for pilots or are there any mechanics on here? Would like to see if there are any other mechanics on here and get your opinions on what you feel are good things and not so good things in regards to working for US Air. I know a lot has changed over the years, some what I have noticed, wasn't necessarily for the good. Why does it seem that supervisors are so hesitant to send people to training these days? I'm just looking for a general feel for how the company treats us, the ones who keep the planes in the air and make the big wigs their money.

disregard

To satisfy your hunger for mechanic related tidbits jump to page 22. Bon Appetite. Just update the dates, it's always the same old crap.

USAirways

No mechanics here, shut up and get back to work!

Well I can see that you US guys are the lowest paid of all the majors..Hows that IAM working out for ya?

We never met a concessionary contract we didn't vote yes for either.

Now, back to sleep boys and girls.

Z-Z-Z-Z-Z.......

Tried to reject a concessionary contract once but then we were informed we were "CONFUSED".
Gotta love it, pay dues and you get to vote until the outcome is right, for all parties except the membership.

You have to remember US filed bankruptcy twice in two years, three rounds of concessions and a contract abrogation.

Plus US is the smallest of the legacy carriers.

Gains have been made since the merger and Section 6 negotiations are ongoing.

You have to remember US filed bankruptcy twice in two years, three rounds of concessions and a contract abrogation.

Plus US is the smallest of the legacy carriers.

Gains have been made since the merger and Section 6 negotiations are ongoing.

The contract was never abrogated.

Get your facts straight.

The company threatened.
The frightened machinist stood and watched the company threaten the membership with abrogation. Quite a sight company and union agc's standing side by side telling the membership we were confused. They did manage to scare a select few with the dog and pony show that followed the NO vote. Makes one wonder if the votes that changed are still on the property? If so in what numbers?

I was on the negotiating committee, the contract was abrogated by Judge Mitchell, a final offer was given to us and the Judge made us vote on it as he wanted labor peace, if the Final Offer was not ratified US was free to impose its own terms.

This all transpired in the second bankruptcy.

Better go educate yourself on what happened.

And we did not hold dog and pony shows for the 2nd bankruptcy, I put the proposal together with the cover letters and sent it to the printer who then sent it too all the Grievance Committee Chairman throughout the system.

We had ratification votes and members of the NC were there to answer any questions, and there was no recommendation on how to vote as we as a committee could not reach a consensus.

ARLINGTON, Va. -- A federal bankruptcy judge yesterday threw out US Airways' contracts with its 8,800-member machinists union, putting the troubled carrier one step closer to emerging from its second bankruptcy in two years.

US Airways' pact with 8,800 machinists tossed out by bankruptcy

Dont let the facts get in your way

Well I can see that you US guys are the lowest paid of all the majors..Hows that IAM working out for ya?

Lowest paid of all the majors and then some........there is a chart floating around which includes JetBlue, Alaska and out of 11 carriers, the IAM represented Mechanics and related are right at the bottom...#11.

Lowest paid of all the majors and then some........there is a chart floating around which includes JetBlue, Alaska and out of 11 carriers, the IAM represented Mechanics and related are right at the bottom...#11.

Go here:
Pay Scale

Next click on the "Document Archive" to find the dismal pay scale chart.

Back