Mechanics

Not sticking up for what happened, but no other major your are comparing yourself too declared bankruptcy twice in two years, had their contract abrogated and US is the smallest out of all the legacies. US does more work in-house than DL and UA, only AA does more work in-house than US.

That chart is wrong, US' amendable date is not 7/1/2009, the amendable date is this year, and they started Section 6 negotiations early, which was late last year.

So if they cant get the amendable date right, what other information is wrong?

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. There were those that knew. There were those that got screwed. The IAM and company both said vote in the concessions and that will be it. Then the kick to the nads came with the oh by the way the pension plan is being terminated. That was then and this is now, funny how it all transpired.

The pension plan was terminated the same time and day when the CBA was abrogated.

Right the pension plan was terminated about two seconds after the concession vote outcome was known. If we had known the plan was not off limits the concession vote would have gone the other way. The unions knew that. Like I said we were lead to believe that if we voted in the concessions as stated all else would be protected. Hence the kick to the nads.

Right the pension plan was terminated about two seconds after the concession vote outcome was known. If we had known the plan was not off limits the concession vote would have gone the other way. The unions knew that. Like I said we were lead to believe that if we voted in the concessions as stated all else would be protected. Hence the kick to the nads.

UAL M&R did the same thing. We 'ALL' Got screwed.
Take Care,
B) xUT

Your information is incorrect, the Judge terminated our pension at the same time he abrogated, we didnt vote for almost two weeks after.

There was nothing hidden about that fact, it was known and even the replacement DCP was in the final offer we voted on.

I was on the Negotiating Committee.

Appears the union and the membership had/have different takes on what and how things went down. Doesn't surprise me- that's the way it was, is, and always will be.

I have no reason to put out wrong information, I was on the NC, and I was the one who put the package together after it was received from the company. I was at CCY when the Judge abrogated the CBA and terminated the pension at the same time.

No the laws of the land did, as long as people keep putting the "right" in office the laws were always in favor of business and not labor.

On the M&R side we tried for three months to reach a deal, gave them a full and comprehensive proposal that met their ask except giving up the pension as we knew Judge Rubber Stamp would terminate it.

The company wasnt interested and wanted to layoff and outsource, that was their plan from the beginning, I guess you really dont understand Bankruptcy and how it affects workers under a CBA.

And the last time I checked your the union and your fellow members ratified concessions.

No the laws of the land did, as long as people keep putting the "right" in office the laws were always in favor of business and not labor.

On the M&R side we tried for three months to reach a deal, gave them a full and comprehensive proposal that met their ask except giving up the pension as we knew Judge Rubber Stamp would terminate it.

The company wasnt interested and wanted to layoff and outsource, that was their plan from the beginning, I guess you really dont understand Bankruptcy and how it affects workers under a CBA.

And the last time I checked your the union and your fellow members ratified concessions.

Doesn't matter, right or left is out for themselves. Democans and Republicrats are one of the same oligarchic class and we are minions waiting for our block of cheese (or creamed corn as the case may be B) ). The days of voting democrat to support Merikan labor has been dis proven time and time again. NoBama has been no different than Bush and/or Clinton. Their focus is not on the prosperity of Merika but in their standing in their global status.
JMHO

Back