" Merge"

VERTICAL X

Mar 18, 2004
Hey Kevin when you say the boards merged, is that like saying goodbye Canada and hello USA? Whats up? It looks like the Canadians get the bad end of the stick again. The home page doesn't feel much like home. :down:

Soon to be PPRune and Vertical Ref bound

VX

Vert X –

Yes, we have consolidated the boards, and the CA site will eventually be shutting down as Kyle moves on to bigger and better things – but the original threads are here and we’re not trying to push “USAâ€￾ on anyone – just trying to keep the best support and forum versions available - without Kyle - I can't do both. Hate to see ya go, and hope you can give us a try. It is aviation after all that connects us to this site, not our countries.

Regards -
Kev

I appreciate the challenge of running CAaviation as a separate site. And yes, aviation is one of the connections but it is also the fact that this was a site specifically relating to the aviation industry in Canada - significantly, as well as subtly, different from the US industry. This CA-specific facet, I believe, will quickly disappear through sheer disparity in numbers (CA vs US).

Vertical X's comments may be a common sentiment... Canadian helicopter pilots are a small and not so faceless community - CAaviation was a great outlet for Canadian issues, discussions, rants, lectures, levity...you get the picture. It will be a shame to see it diluted.

I'll stick around as the efforts to merge continue but I feel that I'm going to be disappointed nonetheless.

Maybe USaviation can set up a Canadian section with a helicopter and fixed wing area. :huh:

I frequented CA specifically for the Canadian content...
I too, am going to be disappointed nonetheless
best of luck!
Mike

Kevin,
How would you like it if your favourite website was renamed "MexicanAviation.com" and were then told not to worry because aviation is the same in both countries ???

If you aren't trying to push USA on anyone, how do you think Canadians feel about the US flag and the title "America's Aviation Headquarters" on a website we are supposed to feel close too ??

NOTE, I have no objection to the American flag, American people, or American websites for the American aviation community.
Also, I can fully understand why you needed to merge these sites for business reasons, but I can see no reason why I should visit here to discuss Canadian aviation.

This is not a matter of sour-grapes, or selfish national pride, just reality.
I am FAA and MoT licenced and fly on both sides of the border. Our industries are very different. Our websites should be too.

Good luck and Good-bye.
P.S. If you decide to adopt a more Canadian focus, please e-mail me, I would be delighted to see it.

I guessed George W. was wanting something from us when he announced he was coming to visit !!
Now we know what it was.

Attachments

• bush_and_flag.jpg
    bush_and_flag.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 251
Mole -

We are open to suggestion - and its a good idea. We can do something like that. Tell me what exactly you want.

Over-talk -

Rather than shut CAaviation down and lose the years of discussions forever with the closure, we spent the money to save the discussions and imported them - if not to continue, at least to have.

Kyle and I discussed this combination and we knew there would not only be a lot of dissapointment, but lost interest...but I wanted to save the thousands of posts for even just the a few people that may want to go back and do a search or something.

Thats all - I just didn't want to pull the plug without at least saving these for you guys.

Kevin

Sticky said:
I'll stick around as the efforts to merge continue but I feel that I'm going to be disappointed nonetheless.
[post="226623"][/post]​

I will stay here for awhile as well to see how the new site works.

BTW Kyle on the CAaviation site You kindly found a great "Elvis" avatar for me any chances You can find it again?

:elvis:

Loosing our CAsite means loosing a little of our identity.

I certainly understand it takes time and money to run a site and hats off to the people who do it for little reward. I have not had the chance to look around USaviation and may be jumping the gun a little but if it is anything like JustHelicopters ...........well nuff said!

I have been banging around in these sites for years now and feel that our site was just that "ours".

Must go, feeling a little bitter this morning. Nothing personal Kevin.

and what is with this member 5000+ ans #####.....what happen to my good ol number 15 :angry: :angry:

I will be very suprised if this works. By the way is the other site still around? Maybe we should go back there?

You guys win - Let me talk to Kyle - We will get it straightened out for you guys. I will get the other site opened up and see if we can hang onto somthing where when you go to CAavation, it goes right to the forums, and it has your flag - etc. Gimme a few hours. In the mean time, you guys have dual access.

Kevin

Back