merger could come in 2 weeks

No it will not, not if the New AA intends to compete with Delta and United

I agree. There will have to be 3 class configuration across the fleet as well as enhanced frequent flyer programs

dash8roa:

I hope the merger will not turn AA into just a larger Airways.

AA will most certainly become a larger Airways. Believe me when I tell you that it will not take the US mgmt. team long to get into every single detail and will chop, cut, reduce, renogotiate every thing in order to eke out the last dime on any thing. Everything will have to earn its' cost or it will simply go away. Just ask any US employee and they will cite numerous examples for you.

Here a couple of examples I noticed immediatley after US/HP. First crew accomodation contracts were renegotiated in order to get the cheapest hotels for RONS. Then the coat closets were removed from every Airbus and 757. Extra rows of seats were added to increase capacity on board. Even now the A321's are having more seats installed at the secondary exit row in front of the f/a jumpseat. Anything that does not produce revenue has been removed from the a/c.
Well, if it's any consolation that is already taking place at AA as well. However, the seat thing is being a little split personality right now. First they add seats to an a/c, then take them out along with some of the seats that were always there. This Main Cabin Extra thing--to give more space to frequent flyers and/or people willing to pay extra--is the cause. And, in the bankruptcy round of the game "let's screw over the frontline employees" both the pilots and the f/as gave up their contractual right to be consulted regarding layover hotels. I've already had one long layover at the short layover hotel at MCI which is not near anything. And, in Austin our new "short" layover hotel is further from the airport than our long layover hotel. Go figure. I expect Motel 6 wherever available by summer.

Latest posts

Back