Mesaba-Pinnacle-Comair-ASA Etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travelagent

Advanced
Aug 16, 2007
Doesnt seem to be anything NEW posted on where the DL-NW merger is now but I was wondering if there has been any updates on what will happen to the wholly owned companies of both airlines? If Mesaba and Comair are both serving a airport, will Comair take over all operations or will the station be turned over to the lowest bidder? Just wondering- I have been out of the loop for a while. Thanks!

Doesnt seem to be anything NEW posted on where the DL-NW merger is now but I was wondering if there has been any updates on what will happen to the wholly owned companies of both airlines? If Mesaba and Comair are both serving a airport, will Comair take over all operations or will the station be turned over to the lowest bidder? Just wondering- I have been out of the loop for a while. Thanks!
I think the appropriate question would be to include "Pinnacle"... I think we know that 9E (on the DL side) will continue to operate as a Delta Connection carrier, at least for 10 yrs, according to the 'agreement'. What is not mentioned, as far as I could tell, is what will happen to Comair (which DL has been trying to shed for years), Mesaba, Pinnacle and Colgan. 9E is not wholly-owned by NWA, so it's anyone's guess. I would think that whomever is the surviving carrier between Comair and the NWA affiliates would bid the stations out. Again, it's only a guess. I wish 9E would offer a decent starting wage besides $7.16/hr (without experience) on the ramp. At least Comair does offer a somewhat higher entry-level salary of closer to $9.00.

Anyone else??

I think the appropriate question would be to include "Pinnacle"... I think we know that 9E (on the DL side) will continue to operate as a Delta Connection carrier, at least for 10 yrs, according to the 'agreement'. What is not mentioned, as far as I could tell, is what will happen to Comair (which DL has been trying to shed for years), Mesaba, Pinnacle and Colgan. 9E is not wholly-owned by NWA, so it's anyone's guess. I would think that whomever is the surviving carrier between Comair and the NWA affiliates would bid the stations out. Again, it's only a guess. I wish 9E would offer a decent starting wage besides $7.16/hr (without experience) on the ramp. At least Comair does offer a somewhat higher entry-level salary of closer to $9.00.

Anyone else??

"Ice",

This is just a guess, but I think a good one.(as far as NW is concerned)
I'm guessing Compass, as they bring more of those beautiful E-jets online, will get the "pick of the litter" as far as commuter flying is concerned. Now couple that with whatever DL(only) commuter deals DL has contractually "going", ..THEN I'm guessing the "remainder" will be bid by the other commuters "in waiting" !

NW "hit a Home Run" by creating Compass !

Here's my opinion on what may happen:

Flying/route structure:

* Look for CP to both backfill routes vacated by DC9 retirements, and open (or reopen) tertiary routes not currently served. A couple of examples might be SEA-IND, or PDX-MEM. These could also fill routes that DL is currently flying with mainline equipment, allowing those A/C to be redeployed elsewhere, in a bid to rationalize capacity/system flying.

* I predict either OO or XJ disappears. Whether this is by spinoff or assimilation is beyond me, but I'm guessing on the latter. Whatever entity is left standing stays on in the CRJ-200/900 role, as well as the Saab flying.

* EAS routes; who knows???

* With systemwide capacity cuts, I see 9E in a much diminished role, if not gone entirely.

For ground handling:

* Any city that currently sees mainline employees handling one carrier, and a commuter for the other, will see mainline take over both.

*Any city that NW outsourced, but has DL mainline, will do the same-at least above the wing. BDL recently became the first example of this when DL mainline (above wing) and DGS (below) took over handling NW flights from WFS.

* Any city that currently has 9E working NW, but OO working DL becomes OO. I don't see NW/DL paying for 3rd party handling when they have both the wholly owned carrier(s) and DGS.

Just my .02...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back