Delta Connection Stations

Mrs Doubtfire

Jun 2, 2008
I believe this question may have been asked previously but in DL Connections stations where you have ASA (Owned by SkyWest) handling gound ops for DL and you have Mesaba (Wholly Owned by NW) providing ground ops for NW, who will Delta keep and who will they boot? It would seem that the wholly owned carrier would stay and the contract work would get the boot? Have any of you heard anything yet? Thank you for any insight!

I believe this question may have been asked previously but in DL Connections stations where you have ASA (Owned by SkyWest) handling gound ops for DL and you have Mesaba (Wholly Owned by NW) providing ground ops for NW, who will Delta keep and who will they boot? It would seem that the wholly owned carrier would stay and the contract work would get the boot? Have any of you heard anything yet? Thank you for any insight!
Well, I can't answer that one. My guess would be boot 'em and all of the other non-wholly owned. What would happen to them??

I would like to know what will happen to the Pinnacle side of NWA? We all know what DL is trying to do to the DL side of them but who knows what will happen? ugh!

It's a good question. I've seen a document that broke down the common stations by category. The 39 that are both DL & NW regional say "no employee reduction possible." That's the good news, I suppose. The bad news is that it still doesn't answer your original question of who the surviving employer is....

My hope would be for Doug and Rich to put their money were their mouth is. They talked of "in-sourcing jobs" on the ramp and counter. I would like to see the farmed out stations that are now worked by pinnacle, DGS, Comair, or any other bottom feeding fly by night vendor turned over to the rightful owners and let the main line guys and gals handle business.

My hope would be for Doug and Rich to put their money were their mouth is. They talked of "in-sourcing jobs" on the ramp and counter. I would like to see the farmed out stations that are now worked by pinnacle, DGS, Comair, or any other bottom feeding fly by night vendor turned over to the rightful owners and let the main line guys and gals handle business.

AMEN!

If the IAM CBA survives, there are several cities that NWA outsourced that will meet or exceed the flight threshold required to reopen them (CLT jumps to mind as one example) once operations are combined.

I think it would be a good idea that all stations have at least counter be staffed by mainline personnel at a decent wage. They are the first point of public contact. That should count for something.

I'm really going out on limb now, but while we are on the subject of the Connection carriers. I wish they would all be done away with. All the flying should be done under mainline. The new hire aircraft would be the RJ/ERJ/ATR/Dash8. I've always hated that we put customers on an airline that we really have no control over.

I think it would be a good idea that all stations have at least counter be staffed by mainline personnel at a decent wage. They are the first point of public contact. That should count for something.

I'm really going out on limb now, but while we are on the subject of the Connection carriers. I wish they would all be done away with. All the flying should be done under mainline. The new hire aircraft would be the RJ/ERJ/ATR/Dash8. I've always hated that we put customers on an airline that we really have no control over.
I have seen your comair and DGS in action. Why would you stop at the counter?

NO!!!!Let's have OUR folks do the work....UP/and down...this contracting out is all bul!sh!t...

I fully agree with that. North Central/Republic did it in the past with the Convairs. Czech Airlines, Olympic Airlines, and Aegean Airlines (among other carriers in other countries) do it presently with aircraft like ATRs.

On the subject of outsourcing in general, one of the worst things about it is that a company loses control over the quality of the operation. The company is allowing an unrelated party to represent them. AA got burned with that years ago. I heard horror stories about AA's operation at FLL.

Latest posts