Miami and Ernesto

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
goldwatermiller08.com
Anyone know if AA or the airport is planning a shut down, and what time this evening?

Ernesto is down to a tropical storm and not expected to make hurricane strength before getting to S. Florida.

Anyone know if AA or the airport is planning a shut down, and what time this evening?

Ernesto is down to a tropical storm and not expected to make hurricane strength before getting to S. Florida.

They will wait until something gets wrecked then shut down.

Besides the hurricane has been postponed till Wednesday. With a 50 /50 chance of hitting Dade county :D

Tune in to channel 7 the hurricane rant is on 24/7
My advice to you is bang in sick and grab a 6 pack. :up:

All the info you need can be found here

http://www.twu561.org/

Yep, I can see why you deserve a raise. Typical. Is there a picture of you in the dictionary under "union worker"?

I can tell you have not worked in MIA during hurricane season.

As most people know the whole thing is basically a disaster. Or a monkey trying to do a football

As far as the dictionary goes try looking up Aircraft then Mechanic and put the two together in a sentence. Then draw your own picture.

Whats the matter you dont like unions or just the workers
or maybe both.

Well too bad we are here to stay
Have a nice hurricane
:D :D :D

Yep, I can see why you deserve a raise. Typical. Is there a picture of you in the dictionary under "union worker"?
Well, not everyone can be like an upper management playboy, who grabs the mistress, the golf clubs, and flies up to the Vail vacation home for a week or two on the company dime. :down:

fll info

Fort Lauderdale - Hollywood International Airport Several airlines have cancelled flights.

Southwest Airlines will not operate after 2:30 p.m, Tuesday, August 29

American Airlines will not operate after 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, August 29

The last departure from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is expected at 6:30 p.m. today, August 29th. Please check with your airport before coming to the airport. Do not check out of your hotel unless your flight is confirmed. If your flight is confirmed to operate this afternoon and early evening, you should get to the airport no later than 4 p.m. The Transportation Security Administration will close the security checkpoints at 6:00 p.m., so it is important you arrive early.

The airport parking garage may not be used for securing personal vehicles. The airport terminal is not a shelter and is not prepared to handle additional people.

I can tell you have not worked in MIA during hurricane season.

I haven't...I'm up in "tornado country." :lol:

Seriously, if you're on shift when it hits, what all do you guys do (besides run for your life)? Do you secure the A/C, or does AA fly them out ahead of the storm?? what about the ground equipment jetways, etc?

Thanks,

Kevin--

They fly the planes out, they try to put the ground equipment (there is a lot of it in MIA) in the best places possible (in the bagroom, cargo building, or close to the terminal), and they retract the jet bridges and get them as close to the building as they can.

I haven't...I'm up in "tornado country." :lol:

Seriously, if you're on shift when it hits, what all do you guys do (besides run for your life)? Do you secure the A/C, or does AA fly them out ahead of the storm?? what about the ground equipment jetways, etc?

Thanks,

Kevin--
Depending on the severity of the storm. I have known eagle to tie down aircraft in the Carribean. AA usually flies them out.

The best thing for a Flight Attendant in MIA or IMA to do is board up the house and pick up a trip the hell out of Florida

It's been a long time since I reviewed the hurricane response plan for MIA, but here's what I rememember:

Aircraft are evacuated to places like DFW, ATL, or anywhere out of the projected storm track.

Jetways are supposed to be parked parallel to the building and secured by either cables or chains.

Whatever ground equipment can fit is parked inside the bagroom and the remainder is corralled together.

Employees are sent home as things wind down, with a skeleton crew riding the storm out at the airport.

Latest posts