Michael Wilbon is mad at America West

whlinder

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
IAD
Okay, I've got to depart a little early today, sports fans...I've got to tape PTI from a studio in Tempe, then hop on a flight back to D.C. immediately afterward. I hope my experience on America West is better than it was on the way out, when it took me 14 hours to get here (normally 5). It started when some dope left a panel open, allowing the snow on Friday morning to fall freely into the aircraft, freezing the instrument panel...You like that...Then, America West tried to call it a "weather problem"...I'd call it an incompetence problem...Anyway, hopefully, I'll have a normal flight home (at least a safe one) and we'll chat Monday and we'll see where the Redskins are, if the Wizards are recovering or sinking...Be well. Mike

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5120900936.html

He did a good job of writing the article, for someone who is a barely competent sports writer. IMHO :)

Technically it was US Airways he was writing about...

True, but it's better that he chose to write "America West" instead of "US Airways."

As to the comment that he's barely competent, clearly Gonzo hasn't read many of Wilbon's columns. Frequently, he offers tremendous insight that you don't see in many other papers. Look at today's coverage of the Redskins-Cardinals game in the Washington Post, the Washington Times and the Arizona Republic. Multiple writers produced columns on the same game. IMHO, Wilbon and Boswell at the Post produced the best columns, by far...as is usually the case.

IMHO, Wilbon and Boswell at the Post produced the best columns, by far...as is usually the case.

It is of course just an opinion. In this case he is definitely not as competent or professional as some seem to believe. I actually put him in the same class as a meteorologist. He is able to look out a window or stand outside and tell you the obvious. Thank you. :)

Back