Mid-Atlantic Airways

What 190s?

There is no signed contract with Embraer to get them.

"This is all very sad news :( And I am very sorry for what is happening to all of you. I had thought that you all were going to take US to court or something. But maybe I read wrong some where. This is not fair and I can see why so many of you are angry.

I am shocked there is not some kind of law to protect you all from this."

Hi FAN,

You can cheer up a little...you heard correctly about a lawsuit. Pilots have already filed and FA's are very close to filing their own strong case against the company and AFA for their wrongdoing to these hardworking US employees...stay tuned...more news will be coming soon. take care and thanks so much for your support!
2out

Why in the world would Tempe order 190s, when they can fly a few hundred CRJ-900s out at the contract carriers and not have to pay mainline employees?

I'm not saying that I think (particularly as a pax) that I want to see this happen, but from a cost standpoint this battle was lost when ALPA caved on the CRJ9x scope.

I'd have to agree that the 190s are a pretty unsupported, unlikely rumor. But I'd have to say that the whole Mid Atlantic thing is the only thing that U did, labor wise, that actually makes me not want to fly them. That just stinks.

Only thing?

How about terminating people's pensions?

How about telling retiree's you no longer have medical insurance?

How about laying off thousands while Siegel gets $8 million for being fired?

Shall I continue?

"MidAtlantic" (which is really just US Airways, the same certificate with recalled furloughed employees under commuter airline contrsacts) is still flying. There are only about 13 planes still on the US Airways certificate. The PIT and DCA bases were closed on the 1st of the month and all employees have been sent to the PHL base until May 28th. This will be some of thems 4th or fifth displacement and second or third furlough in 5,6, or 7 years with US depending for FAs and pilot seniority goes up to 15 years.. They have of course been offered to pay for thier own training and be an America West new hire, because they havent been insulted enough throughout all of this.

Also as they lose time they spend half of thier workday deadheading on Republic to get to the remaining planes watching the 19 year old power tripping new hires who have replaced them. Total injustice. They actually havent officially furloughed a FA yet because most of them have just quit, but they are still overstaffed. May 28th is the last day, then it will be gone aloing with some of most dedicated employees USAirways ever had. The whole thing stinks and still most "mainline" people dont even know what it is or just dont care, but then they complain that they are on reserve.

190s would be flown by mainline but so were the 170s so who knows if they could make up another fake contract for them. USAir has not ordered any yet. They already have Republic flying the same exact plane with a few less rows and Mes flying CRJs with 90 seats on them so it would be surprising if they even bothered. US Airways hates its employees and would contract out the Airbuses if they could. its probably the next plan.

Check out the thread 'Republic F/As?' to see how well the replacements are being received. <_<

Supposedly Republic get more of the pl;anes this month but have no one to fly them so they will sit for a few months while they train pilots.

Is that why there are two EMBs sitting out by themselves in PHL? Are they broken or in transition to Republic? Glad to see they are making so much revenue while USair employees lose thier jobs. :down:

Back