Republic's DCA and LGA slots/Also former Mid Atlantic employees

When US was in it's 2nd BK it sold many of it's DCA and LGA slots to Republic and is able to buy them back after a 2 year period. Does anyone know when that 2 year period is up? You think US will buy the slots back???

What happened to all those MDA employees?

I am almost certain the slot sale comes with provisions giving US the right of first refusal to buy them all back should the capacity purchase agreement with Reshuttletauqua be terminated. Basically, it was a financing agreement - US is not dumb enough to actually relinquish control of DCA/LGA slots, which are truly some of the most valuable assets they have.

ALL US Airways MidAtlantic division employees were laid off. This was decided before the merger but happened after. The no furlough crap from Doug and co is bull***t... they try to pretend we never existed or weren't mainline employees. We were all furloughed. The number of F/As recalled is eggagerated too... 200 were recalled but they keep saying 400 bragging about thier merger. All lies.

There were about 300-400 F/As and same for pilots in the Embraer Division. For F/As about 100 or 150 were "senior" enough (hired in 2000) to be recalled. The rest are on the street. Less than 10 took jobs with Republic as new hires with no prefential hire.

The attitude of the "new" US Airways is that they don't know anything about it and it never happened. They don't acknowlege that we were employed by US Airways for those two years... many employees were denied unemployment after thier furlough because US Airways (Tempe) didn't claim them. If you got married while MDA you have to re-submit your marriage liscense because they reverted everything- pay, home address, dependents to "Pre-MDA" which they didn't do with non-MDA furloughees. If you mention the word "MidAtlantic" to a supervisor or to HR they put you on hold then come back and say they can't talk about it.

My stomach turns when I hear Doug and Sherri claim that no one was furloughed after the merger and when they talk about the Embraer as a new plane when 800 dedicated employees launched the thing over two years ago and ran a damm good operation. With great sacrifice and a whole lot of pride through two bankrupcies to be outsourced, ignored, and now forgotten. Well we haven't forgotten.

Repurchase Option.
Provided that US Airways is not in material default under the Jet Service Agreements, the Owned Aircraft Leaseback or the Slot License, US Airways will have the right to repurchase all, but not less than all, of the DCA Slots at a price equal to the Investor’s purchase price and the LGA Slots at a price equal to the unamortized amount of the purchase price for such Slots (the “Repurchase Optionâ€￾) (a) at any time after US Airways’ emergence from the Chapter 11 Case and prior to the expiration of the term of the Slot License, or (B) upon the termination of either of the Jet Service Agreements by US Airways as a result of a material breach by Chautauqua/Republic.

Sale/License.
Investor will enter into a license agreement with US Airways (the “Slot Licenseâ€￾) to license US Airways’ right to use the Slots for a period equal to the later term of (a) the Existing Jet Service Agreement or (B) such other jet service agreement as may be entered into between Republic or its Affiliate and US Airways relating to the EMB-170 and EMB-190 aircraft contemplated to be operated pursuant to a jet service agreement in the event the Republic Aircraft Transaction or the Additional Jet Service Aircraft transactions are consummated.

Jim

ALL US Airways MidAtlantic division employees were laid off. This was decided before the merger but happened after. The no furlough crap from Doug and co is bull***t... they try to pretend we never existed or weren't mainline employees. We were all furloughed. The number of F/As recalled is eggagerated too... 200 were recalled but they keep saying 400 bragging about thier merger. All lies.

There were about 300-400 F/As and same for pilots in the Embraer Division. For F/As about 100 or 150 were "senior" enough (hired in 2000) to be recalled. The rest are on the street. Less than 10 took jobs with Republic as new hires with no prefential hire.

The attitude of the "new" US Airways is that they don't know anything about it and it never happened. They don't acknowlege that we were employed by US Airways for those two years... many employees were denied unemployment after thier furlough because US Airways (Tempe) didn't claim them. If you got married while MDA you have to re-submit your marriage liscense because they reverted everything- pay, home address, dependents to "Pre-MDA" which they didn't do with non-MDA furloughees. If you mention the word "MidAtlantic" to a supervisor or to HR they put you on hold then come back and say they can't talk about it.

My stomach turns when I hear Doug and Sherri claim that no one was furloughed after the merger and when they talk about the Embraer as a new plane when 800 dedicated employees launched the thing over two years ago and ran a damm good operation. With great sacrifice and a whole lot of pride through two bankrupcies to be outsourced, ignored, and now forgotten. Well we haven't forgotten.

Are you all still suing company? I hope you guys get your jobs back.

one would think these MDA guys should be the ones helping to get the E190 set up, considering all the hiccups.

The MDA guys got it figured out and taken care of...

I remember our first MDA cancellation (engines would not shut off, I kid you not!) -- and I remember the call from OCC --

OCC - "Hi XXXX, we're sending down a team of engineers to figure out what happened to your plane..... "

Me - "what about mechanics?"

OCC - "well, there's probably nothing mechanically wrong with the plane.. its a flying computer and it sounds like a bug"

---
Sure enough, they came down with laptops and got it fixed a day later!

Our MDA cancellation resulted in the first *passenger* nonstop flight to Charlotte, courtesy of PSA, as well as a CRJ 700 to Sarasota tag to Charlotte, as well as the ONLY nonstop service *ever* to Pittsburgh (ok, it was a ferry, but stil..)

Repungent only gave us more headaches, a Chautauqua trainer came down to train us on the ERJ 135, only to be told everytime we needed a spare - Oh, all we have are DCI planes, the white one is in XXX... OCC finally stepped in and gave us another PSA nonstop to Orlando & Charlotte -- hard to put 210 people on 2 50 seaters restricted to 45 and 27 -- but it sure was a lot more than Republic did to help out my old station.

</rant>

ok, done. sorry :p

btw, is Capt Armas back on the line?

"MidAtlantic" to a supervisor or to HR they put you on hold then come back and say they can't talk about it.

All of the MDA F/A's were offered positions in PHX and therefore the airline can say that they did not furlough. Admittedly, going through training with no hotel and relocating to Phoenix was not something that most of the Flight Attendants could do, but the new US did attempt to keep them on property. Not the most ideal situation I know and not feasible for many, but it was a guaranteed job with the airline.

Although I think that the lawsuit has merit (I guess it is still out there) and by some former case decisions had a good chance of the group getting seniority and longevity for their time with MDA, they muddled it up by making some outrageous claims of damages. It was a great group that accomplished some great things with the 170, but of course no one in corporate can talk to you about MDA if you are a plaintiff in a lawsuit against the airline. That doesn't mean that they don't want to talk to the MDA people or empathize with you, it just means that they are in the position of a defendant and must act accordingly.

Would love to see all of the MDA's recalled and flying the 190 if they wish. Others may carp about it in training and insult the aircraft but the MDA F/A's sure did love their airplane and each other and it showed.

All of the MDA F/A's were offered positions in PHX and therefore the airline can say that they did not furlough. Admittedly, going through training with no hotel and relocating to Phoenix was not something that most of the Flight Attendants could do, but the new US did attempt to keep them on property. Not the most ideal situation I know and not feasible for many, but it was a guaranteed job with the airline.

Although I think that the lawsuit has merit (I guess it is still out there) and by some former case decisions had a good chance of the group getting seniority and longevity for their time with MDA, they muddled it up by making some outrageous claims of damages. It was a great group that accomplished some great things with the 170, but of course no one in corporate can talk to you about MDA if you are a plaintiff in a lawsuit against the airline. That doesn't mean that they don't want to talk to the MDA people or empathize with you, it just means that they are in the position of a defendant and must act accordingly.

Would love to see all of the MDA's recalled and flying the 190 if they wish. Others may carp about it in training and insult the aircraft but the MDA F/A's sure did love their airplane and each other and it showed.

Hardly anyone is involved with that lawsuit anymore. I know I'm not. I want what we deserve but the lawsuit has been a mess from the beginning.... too bad the union won't come to bat for us... oh yeah, they were in on it...

As far as Phoenix goes about 40 furloughed F/As went out there, mostly from MDA. 20 something have quit. Even if you want to stretch and consider the offer of a new hire position at America West at your own expense a recall, that still brings the grand total of recalled flight attendants to 240 out of over 1000 furloughees, and nearly 400 MDAs. They are obviously counting the planned then cancelled recalls that were supposed to happen in Aug and Dec.

We did love our plane, each other, and our customers! :up: Shouldn't be a surprise we were exiled from US Airways property and never spoken of again lol

Btw, algflyr, are you the FO that got sick after eating the Conch sandwich ?

I believe it was the fish. But yes, it was me... got sick and was forced to spend yet another night in Florida... :ph34r: ;)

And if I'm not mistaken, I believe CA Armas was my partner in crime that day...

I believe it was the fish. But yes, it was me... got sick and was forced to spend yet another night in Florida... :ph34r: ;)

And if I'm not mistaken, I believe CA Armas was my partner in crime that day...
imagine that....how convient it was for you to get sick that day wasn't it?? Awww...and that's the day I first met you!!!...THE FISH...WHATEVER!!

Latest posts

Back