Mid Atlantic Payrates Question.

"Captains paid in accordance with MDA contract with longevity under that contract; no longevity credit for prior US Airways service"

How did that get passed?

flyin2low said:
"Captains paid in accordance with MDA contract with longevity under that contract; no longevity credit for prior US Airways service"

How did that get passed?
It was passed by the senior pukes who will not have to work for those rates. The junior folks were either on the street with no vote or vastly outnumbered by those who weren't getting axed.

If you ever see me working there then ya know I screwed up bad!

AAviator said:
InclusiveScope, Your constant rantings about Mainline vs: regionals is pretty stale. If the flying goes to a mainline carrier, the payrates at some point can be "repaired", if the industrial "line in the sand" has been drawn at the 50-70 seat range. If the larger airframe flying goes to a regional, (I'm seaking of the EMB 170-195 family) the job becomes just another job. After all, look at what you guys (Eagle pilots) did with your last contract. 16 year deal, "no strike" clause, and pay raises based, AND gauranteed to be below industry highs. Right now, industry wide there are close to 10,000 mainline pilots on the street. It would seem that nothing would make you happier than to keep them there, while you take their job for "just a little more" than you're making now. Why would you want to do that to the profession?
AAviator,
So extremely weak payrates can be "repaired" if they are at mainline, but better rates at the regionals for the same aircraft can not be "repaired"? What a bunch of elitist BS - but not unexpected. By the way I'm ASA, not Eagle. We realized that a flowthrough is nothing more than a job protection plan for mainline pilots. As far as your comments on the Eagle contract, I agree. You are the one defending the USAirways pilots agreeing to the same contract until past 2009 for this aircraft.

B-scale is dead. It was "repaired". While doing so, a large number of jobs left the property at the majors vis-a-vis "scope excepted" flying. Which, by the way is what you're doing. Once off the property, those jobs gone. MDA is at least keeping SOME guys working. Why do you have such a problem with this?

I think USAirways employees should keep working if new metal is introduced at their place of employment. Why do you think differently?

I've never commented on the work rules or pay rates of MDA, so why do you imply I have?

Latest posts

Back