More Hope & Change

What I'd like to see is the people who actually repair and maintain the fleets involved in the rule making process along with Manufacturers, FAA and the airlines
That is how rule-making happens. The only problem is when lobbyists from the airlines and manufacturers look solely at the cost of the rule, while the FAA is basing it's rules on NTSB investigations and in-depth industry analysis.

That is how rule-making happens. The only problem is when lobbyists from the airlines and manufacturers look solely at the cost of the rule, while the FAA is basing it's rules on NTSB investigations and in-depth industry analysis.

Well we need to do better. Cost to an enterprise is always an issue. However we never seem to strike the right balance often due to your point that Lobbyists get in the way of doing things right. This is why as a Libertarian I sometimes think no rule is better then a halfassed one the neither preserves lives nor lowers cost. I feel very strongly that airlines and FAA could if left alone could do it faster, better cheaper. That means rules will be subtracted and added regularly.

This country got into trouble in 1913. Most of our current ills have their root cause in the policies of Woodrow Wilson. The Federal Reserve, 16th Amendment and the attempt at one world government (League of Nations). There is a significant body of evidence that the feds monetary polices caused the Great Depression along with a growing body of evidence that they are largely responsible for this recession.

Taft first proposed the an income tax in 1909, Congress passed the resolution and it was then finally ratified by the states in 1913. Wilson had little to do with the 16th amendment and even if he opposed it his hands were tied.

While I think Barack Obama is the worst President in US history, I also think it unfair to lay every little nuance and speck of bad news at his feet. He alone has changed my view that a sitting Presidents ability to manage the economy is limited. I'm still not certain they can make it better but it's pretty clear they can and do have the ability to make it worse. The fiscal policies of the last ten years have brought the worlds greatest nation to its knees financially. I hold Bush just as responsible for this as Obama, difference being Bush is out of office and we have Mr Obama in charge. Did he inherit a "Mess"? IMO he didn't, he inherited 2/3rds of a mess and promptly turned it into a full blown shite storm of a mess with one failed or liberty robbing plan after another and near as I can determine if we didn't have the Fed we would have never been able to get this far into the dumper and that brings us full circle to Mr Wilson and the creation of the fed. This doesn't even include my Income tax rant.

Wow, we have had the two worst presidents in history back to back. People said the same thing about GWB. The problem is people cannot be objective about a president until they are long out of office and anyone who has memory of them is no longer around. Even then you will get some ignorant fool mouthing off about a past president who has no idea what he's talking about. Example, Glen Beck.

For me it would be a tie between LBJ and Nixon. Thanks to LBJ we have a big black wall in D.C., thousands of crippled veterans and damage to the US image overseas. All because he did not want to back down from a fight even though two people you think most people would listen to, Eisenhower and MacArthur, advised against it. Nixon did not help with his secret invasion of Cambodia which helped destablize the country which lead to the Khmer Rouge and genocide. Then of course there was his paranoia, his enemies list and Watergate. And no, I have no memory of either.

Wow, we have had the two worst presidents in history back to back. People said the same thing about GWB. The problem is people cannot be objective about a president until they are long out of office and anyone who has memory of them is no longer around. Even then you will get some ignorant fool mouthing off about a past president who has no idea what he's talking about. Example, Glen Beck.

For me it would be a tie between LBJ and Nixon. Thanks to LBJ we have a big black wall in D.C., thousands of crippled veterans and damage to the US image overseas. All because he did not want to back down from a fight even though two people you think most people would listen to, Eisenhower and MacArthur, advised against it. Nixon did not help with his secret invasion of Cambodia which helped destablize the country which lead to the Khmer Rouge and genocide. Then of course there was his paranoia, his enemies list and Watergate. And no, I have no memory of either.

LBJ I'll agree with in a heartbeat as a top five contender for worst President ever. GWB and Barack make the top five as does Woodrow Wilson and Jimmy Carter. IMO Richard Nixon only make the top ten because of Watergate & the reasons mentioned. We have huge Hmong refugee community here in the upper Midwest as a result of the whole war in SE Asia which he very nicely declared victory and left. otherwise he was a pretty decent President.

I'd probably put an asterisk next to Jimmy Carter as he has gone on to become one of the greatest ex Presidents we've ever had.

I suppose you Liberal/Progressive maggots are OK with this? Bad enough private Insurance Companies have access to your records, now the bureaucrats too?

Obamacare HHS rule would give government everybody’s health records
By: Rep. Tim Huelskamp | 09/23/11 3:29 PM
OpEd Contributor

Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius has proposed that medical records of all Americans be turned over to the federal government by private health insurers.

It’s been said a thousand times: Congress had to pass President Obama’s health care law in order to find out what’s in it. But, despite the repetitiveness, the level of shock from each new discovery never seems to recede.

I love having my civil liberties violated on a daily basis by unelected maggots and political parasites. All hail the Supreme Dictator, Heil Obama Heil Obama

This Video says it all!

Watch

Laugh

Cry

Ask Why? Because we voted for the dumb B*stard

Taft first proposed the an income tax in 1909, Congress passed the resolution and it was then finally ratified by the states in 1913. Wilson had little to do with the 16th amendment and even if he opposed it his hands were tied.

Great comedy at best..........hands were tied? Prior to passing the 16th, federal spending was around 3% except during the war of 1812 and the civil war.....looks like Woody shot the lock off and increased spending to around 20% GDP.....in true progressive fashion, nonetheless.....he quite adeptly took advantage of the newly fashioned amendment.

Great comedy at best..........hands were tied? Prior to passing the 16th, federal spending was around 3% except during the war of 1812 and the civil war.....looks like Woody shot the lock off and increased spending to around 20% GDP.....in true progressive fashion, nonetheless.....he quite adeptly took advantage of the newly fashioned amendment.

Never mind the creation of the Federal Reserve under Wilson. A central bank whose monetary policies caused the Great Depression and whose policies to this very day when taken in conjunction with the actions and policies of the Back Bench Junior Senator posing a POTUS have caused this crippling recession.

Throw in the Income tax as a way of confiscating the fruits of the working man's Labor along with the basic concept of a one world government espoused by Wilson in the fledgling and failed League of Nations and you have the three elements that set the stage that allowed the likes of Carter, Bush, Obama and their ilk to create the situation of today.

While Barack Obama is certainly NOT as dumb as a bag of hammers he has had the unfortunate luck to be left holding the bag for 90 years of fiscal irresponsibility and global empire building and didn't possess the requisite leadership skills to lead us away from the abyss. When the debt and empire building music stopped he was the last man standing.

You know what's a great parallel here is the fact that a previous admin passed a law, a future admin took advantage of it and waa-laa,

Much like Carter signing the community reinvestment act, Clinton pushing it,GW keeping it alive and when the merde hit the ventilateur, dems refusing to acknowledge the problem until it sank the economy around 2005-2008 under their control....then it was Bush's fault. :lol:

You know what's a great parallel here is the fact that a previous admin passed a law, a future admin took advantage of it and waa-laa,

Much like Carter signing the community reinvestment act, Clinton pushing it,GW keeping it alive and when the merde hit the ventilateur, dems refusing to acknowledge the problem until it sank the economy around 2005-2008 under their control....then it was Bush's fault. :lol:

And which Presidential Candidate predicted this very event in 2001?

Give ya a hint! He's from TX

Back