More Paycuts Necessary

Deltawatch is correct in that MDA will add revenue, provide profits, and account for 23% of the mainline.

Further cost cuts will come from labor with the Pilot/Flight Attendant "Pref Bid" system reducing pilot positions by about 9% and F/A's by about 12%. The mainline/express classification will further reduce CWA and FSA positions.

Other potential cost cuts will come from the Pittsburgh hub negotiations and pension legislative relief if the DB Plan is restored. H.R. 2719 will lower pilot pension costs from the DC Plan obligation.

The company intends to consolidate wholly owned express operations, which may not be good for Piedmont and Allegheny employees, but this consolidation should reduce unit costs.

These are a few of the future cost cut items, with more likely to come.

Regards,

Chip

Chip wrote:

"Further cost cuts will come from labor with the Pilot/Flight Attendant "Pref Bid" system reducing pilot positions by about 9% and F/A's by about 12%. The mainline/express classification will further reduce CWA and FSA positions."

Chip: Exactly where did these figures come from? They were not shared with AFA and it would seem in arbitration when this question was asked the company lied. So care to share the source for these numbers? This is how RUMORS get started and quite frankly I am sick of them.

wts54 said:
US Airways CEO says more cuts necessary

By Marilyn Adams and Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY
US Airways (UAIR), still unprofitable seven months after completing bankruptcy reorganization, needs to cut costs more, CEO David Siegel said Tuesday.

See Story
......... Could it be that we're all just confused about the purpose of US-Airwa_s? It's not really a Carrier after all. It's just a corporation designed for incompetent CEO's and cronies to collect Golden Parachutes. That would explain a lot.

Bob,
As it seems...you are most correct!!! The only ones whom really profit or have any degree of security in this company are the very ones that blow in and blow out with their pockets full.

To say that Dave is an "Operations Guy" is hilarious. I suggest he take a stern look at his so called operations of late.

We not only have operations problems...we have alienated people issues thanks to Dave and crew.

We also have filthy Acft. , with far too few people to correct this problem properly. This is not just an RON issue...it holds equally true of Acft departing heavy maintenance too.

Pay Cuts should be in order------------------The THIEVES AT CCY MUST BE CUT
IMMEDIATLY.........

What a crock of crap to USE THE EMPLOYEES AS THEIR SCAPEGOAT!!!

DAMN IT , take responsibilty and fix the PROBLEM>>>>

DUMP DAVE BEFORE I GIVE ANOTHER CENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down:

I doubt if Dave the new Lorenzo could make a profit even with free labor costs. He appears to have limited abilities when it comes down to actually running the airline. I suspect he could be gone with in a short time frame (six months tops).

--May God bless the next place he ends up at.

Pit Guy,
Do we have a successor picked out yet?
We can not do any worse than what we have.
(famous last words about your loud neighbors then a crack deal move in) ;)
I have heard a few names on the wish list.
Lets hope it is someone who can see a future for USAIR not just a featherbeded future for himself. :rolleyes:

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

TWO THUMBS UP...

KICK OUT THE BUMS AT THE TOP.

I make along with alot of other former mainline stations welfare wages
and the BUMS at the top don't CARE.

So why should i care until i get my pay back.

We can cut cost pay the BUMS what they are worth....

..............NOTHING...............UNTIL WE MAKE A PROFIT...

I'D LOVE TO GET PAID TO NOT DO MY JOB RIGHT
WE'D ALL BE FIRED IN A HEART BEAT....

TWO THUMBS UP.....OUT WITH THE BUMS

:up:

deltawatch said:
The next round of CWA pay cuts are ready to go, as soon as the 70 seat RJ's arrive, 2/3's of our system will get the MDA or Express Classafication. Thats a $7.00 an hour paycut for 2/3's of our membership.

I Major cost cutting on the way!!!!
Unfortunately you are correct. The wording of the CWA and IAM-F/S contracts which WE radified, has already given up our rights to our jobs...as mainline employees. We will not be able to call on our union brothers to "stand firm beside us". Our contracts give the "green light" to our mainline jobs going out the door. When (not if) additional stations become MDA or EXPRESS stations we have the choice of accepting the offer...or get out. I fear there will be few "Mainline stations" left standing in 2 years (assuming there is a US Airways). What really burns me is that the contact wording allows mainline aircraft...mainline pilots...mainline f/a to continue to come into these stations but the agents who work them will be mda or express. You can bet on this being a "cost cutting" item as soon as the RJ's are available. :(

The company just broke IAM contract with this outsourcing crap.
This alone should allow us to open the contracts.
And get things straight. Wont happen but It is a wish

I am becoming more and more convinced they don't get it, or they don't WANT to get it. It's the fares, stupid!!!!!

Case in point--America West rationalized their fare structure, MADE A PROFIT

American Airlines rationalized their fare structure in key markets including transcon, MADE A PROFIT

Airtran had rational fares to begin with, MADE A PROFIT

Now let's look at this a minute--American????? They're nowhere near an LCC, with costs either same as or higher than U, but THEY MADE A PROFIT. This blows U's contention that their cost structure makes it impossible to rationalize fares.

RAISE THE BOTTOM and LOWER THE TOP. I repeat what I was told by someone in management--if they could raise bottom fares about $20, they could lower top fares $300!!!! I am sure this would increase OVERALL revenue.

Regarding the product, I just don't get it--there is growing discontent among Preferred Flyers--are they looking to tick off their best customers?

We have absolutely the BEST employees of ANY airline--let's capitalize on our STRENGTHS and work on our weaknesses.

Keep it up folks--I remain in your corner.

Art at ISP said:
I am becoming more and more convinced they don't get it, or they don't WANT to get it. It's the fares, stupid!!!!!

<snip>

Keep it up folks--I remain in your corner.
Art,

Good points in your post. You've been saying this forever, and you are correct.

Sadly, the unbridled arrogance of the regime is absolutely destroying this company. They could care less about us, and about YOU. You're seeing time after time this evidenced by their behavior.

Thanks for sticking with us, and "US"... but I can't expect your loyalty to survive this type of abuse. We are not taking care of our core, and it shows.

It didn't have to be this way... B-O-D, you better wake the hell up!

Thank you for your support Art, WE appreciate you.

fast said:
Pit Guy,
Do we have a successor picked out yet?
We can not do any worse than what we have.
(famous last words about your loud neighbors then a crack deal move in) ;)
I have heard a few names on the wish list.
Lets hope it is someone who can see a future for USAIR not just a featherbeded future for himself. :rolleyes:
That is purely speculation on my part, but one would have to think the Witch Doctor of RSA has to be thinking it is coming time to end the regime of the New Lorenzo. Dave appears to have been labeled a liar and a person of no trust among passengers, employees, and government leaders. It will be trying for him to accomplish much more considering this. One may conclude he is not only short on stature, but honesty too.

I almost forgot,

In my previous post I mentioned that American made a profit, and that they had partially rationalized fares in select markets. The end of their press release stated that they would be announcing additional fare simplification (rationalization?) within the next month. HMMM...

Reading posts on this and another board (Flyertalk), I think another point they're missing is that they are losing in the court of public opinion--the service cutbacks are driving people away and are costing much more than they are saving. In short, a comparison has been made that service levels on LCC's is actually BETTER than U.

It's time to wake up--if you offer a superior product, people will pay a LITTLE more for it.......

and FIX THE FARES!

Latest posts