Nader Rips Up The Kerry Camp

NWA/AMT said:
"Megadittos" means 'I completely agree with you, Rush, and have nothing original to add".
Quite the opposite, Fred. Rush wants to do their thinking for them and hopes they disregard the support his Excrement In Broadcasting network receives from corporations and other organizations with a vested interest in the message he puts out.
Fred, coming from you, of all people, that is freaking hilarious! :lol:
[post="183053"][/post]​

Megadittos NWA/AMT :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

bbbzzzzzzzzzttttt

But thanks for playing.

Megadittos means that I agree with what the previous caller had to say, NOT what Rush had to say.

I have not attacked anyone on these boards like you have. I have said where they were wrong, but have not attacked them.

I can start if you would like.

FredF said:
bbbzzzzzzzzzttttt
But thanks for playing.

Megadittos means that I agree with what the previous caller had to say, NOT what Rush had to say.

I have not attacked anyone on these boards like you have. I have said where they were wrong, but have not attacked them.

[post="183056"][/post]​

Really??? I've heard the voice of el Rushbo himself proclaim that "megadittos" (or dittoes" was because the caller was in agreement with RUSh...not the previous caller.

The original caller was using the term dittos to basically say that he agreede with everything that the pervious caller had to say.

It was just that simple.

Now, maybe the first caller was agreeing with Rush, I don't remember that part, but the term refers to what the callers before were saying.

Now it is more of a tag line than anything else with actually very little meaning.

A much better defination:

I was impressed with the fervency that so many of his callers expressed toward Rush when they called the show. They revered him so much and expressed their deep gratitude that he was on the scene to effectively state the case of American conservatives. So many people told Rush, at the beginning of their conversation with him, that they appreciated him and were so glad that he was on the air, that Rush created the term "Dittos", which simply meant that they agreed with the expressed opinions, above.

FredF said:
[post="183056"][/post]​

Bzzzzzzzztttt!

Wrong, but thanks for playing. As a consolation prize Fred will receive a copy of our home game!

I first started listening to Rush Limbaugh back in 1989 and, even back then, the term "dittos" and, later, "megadittos" were used most often by callers expressing agreement with what Rush had just said, not just other callers.

You have got to be kidding me, Fred. From the very beginning your attacks on those who expressed opinions contrary to your own have been remarkable. Whether rambling on about "BJ Bill" and your conspiracy theories about him or attacking the rest of us as "Liberals", meaning anyone to the left of you, your attempts to turn the political process into a elementary school playground have been notable, even by the standards of the internet. It is only recently that you have begun to even appear to seem reasonable, a change that I have silently applauded.

You provide one-sided 'facts' from such august sources as the "Cybernet News Service" and declare subjects 'dealt with' but refuse to even address facts that contradict your assertions. You simply pretend to not have seen them or attack the sources and those posting them. If anyone, as I did today, posts a link that isn't completely slanted you jump on that and ask "did you even read what you posted?". Not everyone here is only willing to read what only supports their opinion, Fred.

Meanwhile, when you have argued yourself into a corner you merely change the subject and start hammering on another of your 'issues', starting another thread if necessary.

I mean really, Fred, look at the title of your thread: "For Those Of You That Contradicted and Criticized Me". Poor Fred, our self-appointed Neo-Con martyr, stuck having to defend his opinions in front of a bunch of pesky 'Liberals', your blanket term for those who don't respond with "megadittos" to your every boilerplate NeoCon diatribe. When one takes your statements in total, Fred, it seems you would prefer a one-party system of government.

Well, sorry about that, Fred, but I happen to agree with Justice William O. Douglas who said:

"A function of free speech under our system of government is to invite dispute. It may indeed best serve its high purposes when it induces a condition of unrest, creates dissatisfaction with conditions as they are, or even stirs people to anger"

and with the US Supreme Court, which ruled in its landmark decision regarding Free Speech in wartime, West Virginia Board of Education v. Barnett, 1943 that:

"Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard."

If you don't like being 'criticized or contradicted', Fred, why are you here? Before you go off about how I'm 'trying to shut you up' or some other paranoid tangent, keep in mind that all I'm asking of you is that you be willing to accept what you quite obviously expect people like KCFLYER and myself to accept.

Go back and look at your responses to those who disagree with you, Fred. You'll find you started months ago. Maybe then you can do like Zell and challenge me to a duel.

How is it that the religious right tolerates a drug addict? Toleration is not a noted attribute of theirs.

Evidently, forgiveness is only for the elect.

Fred,

The union/Dem faithful are always the first to attack anyone that posts an opposing opinion.

So much for free thinking on this board...

djlndc said:
So much for free thinking on this board...
[post="183195"][/post]​

Nope, not even close. I'm not telling Fred how to think or not to think, just not to hide behind the pretense that he is somehow persecuted or oppressed.

Isn't it interesting that this time the Republicans are trying to run as 'outsiders' going up against the 'Washington Fat Cats' when they control the White House, both houses of Congress AND the Supreme Court?

NWA/AMT, KCFlyer, Sentrido, Fred, etc....

So much partisanship, and have we forgotten that we are all still on the same team? Personally, I regret if I've offended any of you, because I know when I get heated, I often express things in a way that may be less than appropriate. I apologize if that is the case.

Today, I walked out from work, and I found that my car had been keyed from top to bottom. All over the doors and hood. I have a Bush/Cheney sticker on the car. As I stood there, my immediate reaction was obviously anger, but believe it or not, I started thinking about the things we talk about here, and some of the rash things we say to one another... because each of us is passionate in our own right about what we believe. And as I thought more, I realized... that is a great thing. We care about this country... we sit here and type to one another some of our deepest feelings about the betterment of this nation, something we obviously all feel strongly about. We come from all corners of the United States, and we share differing backgrounds and values. But what I found most distressing is what we talk about the least... our common ground. Our roots that brought us to this forum to try to learn, debate, and communicate. Regardless of who we will vote for, or whether we would rather have dinner with Michael Moore or Rush Limbaugh, John Edwards or Donald Rumsfeld, or what stupid remark Kerry or Bush made today.... the point is we care, and that is a great thing.

Who the hell knows if that [ignorant] piece of s**t that keyed my car did it because it had a Bush/Cheney sticker on it. I realized that I don't really care.

We're on the same team guys. Let's try to remember that from here on in. Because somebody is going to win. And after it's over, we'll still sit here and debate... but nonetheless, regardless of what happens, we're still on this same boat together.

Regards,

USAir757

USAir757 said:
NWA/AMT, KCFlyer, Sentrido, Fred, etc....

So much partisanship, and have we forgotten that we are all still on the same team? Personally, I regret if I've offended any of you, because I know when I get heated, I often express things in a way that may be less than appropriate. I apologize if that is the case.

Today, I walked out from work, and I found that my car had been keyed from top to bottom. All over the doors and hood. I have a Bush/Cheney sticker on the car. As I stood there, my immediate reaction was obviously anger, but believe it or not, I started thinking about the things we talk about here, and some of the rash things we say to one another... because each of us is passionate in our own right about what we believe. And as I thought more, I realized... that is a great thing. We care about this country... we sit here and type to one another some of our deepest feelings about the betterment of this nation, something we obviously all feel strongly about. We come from all corners of the United States, and we share differing backgrounds and values. But what I found most distressing is what we talk about the least... our common ground. Our roots that brought us to this forum to try to learn, debate, and communicate. Regardless of who we will vote for, or whether we would rather have dinner with Michael Moore or Rush Limbaugh, John Edwards or Donald Rumsfeld, or what stupid remark Kerry or Bush made today.... the point is we care, and that is a great thing.

Who the hell knows if that [ignorant] piece of s**t that keyed my car did it because it had a Bush/Cheney sticker on it. I realized that I don't really care.

We're on the same team guys. Let's try to remember that from here on in. Because somebody is going to win. And after it's over, we'll still sit here and debate... but nonetheless, regardless of what happens, we're still on this same boat together.

Regards,

USAir757
[post="183201"][/post]​

USAir757,

First let me say I'm sorry to hear about the damage done to your car. Second, let me thank you for a thoughtful and insightful post.

While it may usually appear otherwise, I have far more respect for those on the Right side of this forum than I do for those who simply can't be bothered to worry about the issues we discuss so passionately here. These days, when a 50% voter turnout is considered exceptional, one thing we have in common is that, while we may not agree, at least we care.

NWA you said a lot there so it may take some time to respond to it because I don't want to just fly off here.

First, I do not and have not attacked anyone personally on this board even though I have been personally attacked. No I do not have a martyr complex not am I acting like one. My thread about appologizing was obvously in a sarcastice vein that you failed to understand. Don't know if I was too subtle or it just was not picked up on.

My attacks have been centered on ideas or notions that I beleive are incorrect, not the people expounding upon them, or at least that was the true intent. I realise that not everyone gets the subtlities of some of the things I post here, but then again it is very hard to type with a voice inflection. Ask KC if he thinks that I have personally attacked him. If he says that I have, I will personally appologize to him for it. I have a great deal of respect for what he posts, even if I disagree with it.

While you may think that I argue myself into a corner and then just go away, that is far from the truth. I learned the lesson of futility long ago. I try to explain my side of the issue, but I will not keep going on and on and on and on. After a couple of tries, if it becomes obvious that there is no way that I am going to get my point across I quit trying. You may consider that runnnig away, but I don't. There are also some posters here that I just refuse to engage into a contest with for reasons that I won't bother to explain.

I have tried to be careful in picking my battles here and there are some debates I have stayed out of because I basically have nothing to add for one reason or another. There have even been some that when I merely tried to correct some items related to the debate, I have been sucked into the whole of the debate. When that happens, I have tried by best to get back out. If you want to see that as running away, fine.

So as far as conspiracy theories go, to the best of my recollection, I have never believed in any of them about anybody.

Althought I do believe that there are those out here that would like nothing more than for me to go quietly away, that is not the case. I don't care if people want to attack me personally, in fact I sometimes find it quite amusing and use to to further illustrate my point.

Go Ahead. Him me with your best shot!

USAir757...sorry to hear about your car. Americans have the principle of free speech, and a bumper sticker on a car is a form of exercising that right. There is no explanation or excuse of idiots who would damage anothers property because they didn't agree with someone's opinion. We really are all on the same team...we are all Americans. And debate is good and healthy. Yes, we each get passionate about our opinions. But even so, I'd rather meet you all (even you Fred) and buy you a beer and talk.

And the thing that pisses me off more than any opposing opinion is that more than half the eligible voters in this country don't take the time to vote, but many of those same people are quick to #### when things don't go the way they think they should. Yeah...they have a right to free speech, but the strongest voice that they have at their disposal, they are too lazy to exercise...the power of the vote. And there is no other word to describe them but lazy. They can vote by mail in many places. In my area, the polls open for walk up voting (in select locations) a week or more before election day. On election day, it seems that there are polling places at almost every street corner. If one doesn't vote, there is no other reason than laziness. I know how you are going to vote...you know how I am going to vote, but the real message that needs to be sent is VOTE. If you like Nader's principals...VOTE for him. If the libertarians share your views...VOTE for them.

As passionate as those on these boards argue, the fact is that I really do RESPECT the passion of those people (however much I might agree or disagree with them), because I know that on election day, they will exercise perhaps their most precious right...the right to vote.