Negotiations........why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck said:
Your position plays the company as stupid fools. For the last 30 years or longer the company has played the TWU instead.

Perhaps you are an IAM member of this Association and are blind to the abilities of the co-associate? 
  Shame on you guys for letting that happen for 30 yrs. I have been here for 40 yrs and 3 airlines and yes negotiations were tough. I'm not saying that. I am only saying you shouldn't tip your " Mindset " to your enemy. Everyone will not be pleased with the JCBA because everyone has a different objective on what they believe is owed to them. It's a joint effort and all the unhappy Hooplah out in the open does nothing for the hand your negotiators are trying to tip in your favor. 

DumpTWU591 said:
if you want top industry wages and benefits, then fill out your AMFA card already and stop supporting the twu association. our board is dishonest and will never get you a decent contract. the latest, he is waiting for the company to make an offer, LOL. how stupid is he? and now there is video? why? haven't heard from our board in years, why start now? elections maybe? Go AMFA
AMFA is dead at AA

700UW said:
And so did I, it was my uncle, my family has always been a union family, even my mother.

He was a lead inspector at JFK and LGA, and he was involved in the IAM.

And the best thing is your own posts shows your ignorance.

He had 29 years to your 10.
His point is he lived it. You did not. Can you understand his point?

mike33 said:
AMFA is dead at AA
Dead?  Dormant would probably be more accurate.  It's never hard to get past authorization card signers to sign a new card.  Especially after more disappointment, not unlike what we are feeling now with each passing day - we are losing money.  Past non card signers will sign out of disgust.  Every day that passes without the Association being even one step closer to getting to negotiations is a huge motivator in getting new AMFA card signers.  Every Association weakness will be pointed out and exploited, up to and including yet another AMT hating contract.

Vortilon said:
Dead?  Dormant would probably be more accurate.  It's never hard to get past authorization card signers to sign a new card.  Especially after more disappointment, not unlike what we are feeling now with each passing day - we are losing money.  Past non card signers will sign out of disgust.  Every day that passes without the Association being even one step closer to getting to negotiations is a huge motivator in getting new AMFA card signers.  Every Association weakness will be pointed out and exploited, up to and including yet another AMT hating contract.
That is your opinion and thats all it is........there are unlimited amount of tries you can have every 2 yrs. Good Luck!

You may not like his opinion, but it is still his opinion.  What you say, he says and I say is valuable because we all have taken time and energy to express it.  You shouldn't try to lessen it.

The IAMNPF is fully funded unlike your frozen AA pension which is almost $2 billion underfunded.

And you can't turn future accurrels over to the PBGC.

700UW said:
Majority of the PMUS won't to lose their lose pension, the IBT learned that the hard way.

You can't loose your pension, either it goes to pbgc or stays with IAMNPF.
Here at AA ours is frozen, AA tried to dump it on PBGC but was rejected.

Here is a question since you say most won't vote to loose/stop future acrcruals.

If we are the Assoc. and we all have a say do you think the TWU will vote to keep 401k or go to a plan that is controlled by the IAMNPF ?  Or are you saying that the US guys will get a seperate Vote?  You can't have it both ways...

The IAMNPF makes less money per yr than the 401k we have now. the IAMNPF has been around only since what? (2008-2008)

How much does the average US guy get with his time in the plan? It's only what $2.00 per hr for every straight time reg work hrs, correct for a ball park number of $4300.00 per yr. Find out what the AA guys are making in the 401k before you pump up your chest.

The IAMNPF is a multi company plan so if any companies withdraws they will pay some penilty to with draw but that limits the constant input of money and the IAMNPF will have to reduce the payout per retired IAM member to stay solvent? Y or N???

The assoc. has alot to work out before this joint venture since I can't call it a merger of two unions into one at AA.

It may be part of the CBA now but I doubt it will be there very long. AA stopped the pilots/Flight att./TWU pension why would they keep the IAMNPF going fwd? Just a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back