never been to ANC...

rsv4ever

Advanced
Nov 5, 2005
i'm an east coast US f/a... looking to go to ANC for a weekend trip... what's to do or see? where to stay?

i'm an east coast US f/a... looking to go to ANC for a weekend trip... what's to do or see? where to stay?

Get ready for the trip of your life! I fell in love with ANC while flying for TWA. The Sheraton used to give pretty good crew rates. In the summer everything is high. Eat at the White Spot. Cheap, Best Halibut around. Only holds 13 people and Sherry (the owner) runs it like the finest dictator..She is worth the trip, 4th St Deli, and there are several more expensive places. ERA used to have a flight to base camp at Denali. Fabulous! See what is left of the Glaciers. Just walking around the City is fun and the have a centrally located visitors center. Aleska, go to the top! I butchered the spelling. There used to be a great Martini Bar downtown. The very best Cosmos in the world. Lots of local artists work displayed.

HAVE FUN!!!!

Get ready for the trip of your life! I fell in love with ANC while flying for TWA. The Sheraton used to give pretty good crew rates. In the summer everything is high. Eat at the White Spot. Cheap, Best Halibut around. Only holds 13 people and Sherry (the owner) runs it like the finest dictator..She is worth the trip, 4th St Deli, and there are several more expensive places. ERA used to have a flight to base camp at Denali. Fabulous! See what is left of the Glaciers. Just walking around the City is fun and the have a centrally located visitors center. Aleska, go to the top! I butchered the spelling. There used to be a great Martini Bar downtown. The very best Cosmos in the world. Lots of local artists work displayed.

HAVE FUN!!!!
awesome- thanks for the info!

awesome- thanks for the info!

Please report back after your trip, I'm homesick.

Humpy's is another great place for cheap eats. If you're a beer drinker ANC has lots of microbreweries. I always embarrased everyone by ordering BUD Lite (until I was introduced to the Cosmos) Check and see when the State Fair is scheduled. Flowers and veggies the size you can only imagine. If you're a golpher, tee times at midnight!

If you want to splurge for dinner, try Simon & Seafort's at 420 L Street. Great prime ribs and baked salmon and key lime pie to die for. You need reservations in summer. ;-}

Better prices for lunch and worth every penny.. I had the best Salmon and it was so fresh I thought it had been caught right outside..

On my first ANC layover I found Humpy's. It is a great place for a casual beer and some food. In fact I will be there later this month and making a point of stopping in there.

Latest posts

Back