New 757's for the winter?

i really don't get what your trying to say here but if it's training your worried about for our east pilots we already fly the 767 which is etops certified. any pilot rated on the 767 is also rated on the 757 since it's basically the same cockpit. so our pilots are already certified etops . we are just adding smaller 767's to the fleet . these just went on a diet. bottom line is these a/c will be flown by east pilots to snn,gla,and lis.
in the future though you might see some west pilots take over these routes since it's in the pilots transition agreement that west pilots can fly 2 europe and 3 carribean flts on the east network and the east pilots can fly 1 hawaii round trip . its really not a difficult thing to comprehend . your just making it hard on yourself.

thanks for the info, I guess what I am trying to get at is that say in may will us east be flying 757 etops. are there different requirements such as mx, etc... that has to be in it's own place, or will the FAA allow it due to the 767 etops????

thanks for the info, I guess what I am trying to get at is that say in may will us east be flying 757 etops. are there different requirements such as mx, etc... that has to be in it's own place, or will the FAA allow it due to the 767 etops????
no everything is the same. if there is mx requirements it will be minimal. east already fly etops certified a/c ie: 767&A330. so the east is more experienced flying etops than the west guys if anything. basically what pilots do going over to europe is give out position reports all the way across the pond until they are radar contact. our pilots have much experience in that since the same is done going to the carribean your just on a longer flt. the difference between our nonetops 757's and the etops 757's is that the etops 757's have an extra generator than the non etops and have a higher mtow (maximum takeoff weight) than non etops 57's.(if i am wrong at this ,someone please correct me)thus giving it the performance it needs to complete these flts. the extra generator gives it a buffer incase there is any type of elctrical failure inflight it has a backup generator so it can complete the flt with no problems and it would not have to divert . since there is no where to divert overwater at that extended period of time that's why you need the extra generators.

Again thanks, I like getting accurate info. so many just like to reat alot true or not.
Then is there a difference between atlantic and pacific etops???

Again thanks, I like getting accurate info. so many just like to reat alot true or not.
Then is there a difference between atlantic and pacific etops???
where are from my friend? you have an accent even when you type. B) to answer your question about pacific and atlantic etops. i think its all the same . they do position reports until radar contact . that's when atc can vector a/c to their destination because they can see them on radar.

still then, if east has no etops 57's or programs for 57, then would it be easier to get an altlantic added to an existing program or a new one. i am just trying to figure out how all of this works. I don't see ETOPS as being east/west ocen as much as the distance that it is flying
True, ETOPS has to do with time/distance more than which ocean. Technically, there is no difference between flying over different oceans. But remember . .we ARE dealing with the FAA here. .they only certified HP to fly over the Pacific right now.

So do you think there is no chance of GLA/SNN/LIS going year round on the 757? Perhaps with 4x weekly frequencies.

Gaz

So do you think there is no chance of GLA/SNN/LIS going year round on the 757? Perhaps with 4x weekly frequencies.

Gaz

I heard that SNN/DUB would have a year round service this year, but nothing as happened so i dont know?? dont think GLA was ever considered for year round service. Maybe somebody here knows more :unsure:

Back