New a/c interiors?

CLTBWIDAYSYR

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Have I missed the memo on what our aircraft interiors will look like after integration? Since all the US east jets are filthy (never flown US west, so don't know about cleanliness on those planes), anything would be an improvement. When will a new corporate standard be unveiled?

Everything I've seen so far says not right now. They're only painting the planes. Interior redo's will be looked at as the planes get their big checks done. (And trust me, there are quite a few on the West side that need it BAD!!!)

Just was on a new HP aka US west airbus yesterday. The seats are great although I noticed a few changes from the older HP planes. The audio now requires a dual jack plug and the seats are a different model. LEDs are in the exit signs. I thought LED overhead lighting were now airbus standard? F8 has them.

P.S. HP should really find a way to incorporate transformation onto their safety video. Some think its kind of corny but I find it very positive. I hope it remains the official song.

In the latest issue of about US the question of new interiors is asked and answered. The answer being "Short of refurbishing interior elements that have worn out, we do not have a big capital plan to redo all aircraft interiors at this time."

about US

Thanks for the info. I guess we'll be seeing nasty carpet on US east and the AW setting sun logo on headrests for at least another five or six years. Bummer.

They are eventually going to have all the same interiors on all the planes. So wouldn't it make sense to come up with the new interior design, even if it's the same as US east or west and put in leather seats/carpeting as they go in for heavy maintanence, when they are going to replace all of it anyway? JetBlue, Southwest and Independence all have leather seating, I'm sure they aren't doing it just to have a nicer image. They are doing it because it's cheaper in the long run.

I thought LED overhead lighting were now airbus standard? F8 has them.

LED lighting is indeed the future on all new US West Airbus. Last much, much longer. Planes orginally equipped with incandesent lighting will get LED as the incandesent bulbs burnout. A nuisance fault is generated by the monitoring system in cases where LED replaces incandesent.

Back