New Charlotte-portland Service

What, you thought I meant PDX? :p

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US AIRWAYS EXPRESS ANNOUNCES NONSTOP DAILY PORTLAND-CHARLOTTE SERVICE

ARLINGTON, Va., May 3, 2004 -- US Airways Express will begin nonstop service between Portland, Maine and Charlotte, N.C., this summer, with daily roundtrip flights beginning July 11.

The new nonstop service will be flown using 50-seat Canadair Regional Jets operated by US Airways Express carrier Mesa Airlines. Flights will depart Portland at 7 a.m., and will arrive in Charlotte at 9:27 a.m. Return flights will depart Charlotte at 8 p.m., and will arrive in Portland at 10:21 p.m.

"We are pleased to create a nonstop link between Portland and our largest hub," said Andrew P. Nocella, US Airways vice president of network and revenue management. "This daily service will mean even more convenient connectivity to the Southeast, Florida and the Caribbean for our customers in Portland."

US Airways Express currently operates fourteen daily roundtrip flights from Portland, with multiple daily flights to New York-LaGuardia, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.

Passengers flying on US Airways Express regional jets travel comfortably in a quiet, roomy cabin equipped with leather seats where every seat is on either an aisle or a window. Regional jets offer stand-up headroom, reclining seatbacks, large overhead storage bins, and a restroom. Flight attendant service is provided on every flight. These regional jets have a cruising speed of over 500 miles per hour with a range of more than 1,000 miles, and can cruise at altitudes above 35,000 feet, providing US Airways Express long-range regional jet capability.

US Airways is the nation’s seventh-largest airline, serving nearly 200 communities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, the Caribbean and Latin America. US Airways, US Airways Shuttle and the US Airways Express partner carriers operate over 3,300 flights per day. For more information on US Airways flight schedules and fares, contact US Airways online at usairways.com, or call US Airways Reservations at 1-800-428-4322.

Reporters needing additional information should contact US Airways Corporate Affairs at (703) 872-5100.

WNrforlife said:
Just wait until we start service into Philly. We are going to kick USAir's butt right out of there!!
Yep, sure you are, lets see you fly a 737 to europe. US will not retreat from PHL like they did in the west coast and BWI.

FWIW, the PHL APO work with US to help it survive. I'd like to see another carrier come in and offer nonstop service to how many European and Caribbean destinations? Nonstop service to how many small and medium sized markets? How many gates in the new A and F terminals will WN use? PHL is no BWI -- the hubs are radically different beasts. Also, let's remember US was retreating from BWI before WN came in, and WN sensed an opportunity and took it.

WNrforlife said:
Just wait until we start service into Philly. We are going to kick USAir's butt right out of there!!
:unsure: Are you fricking kidding me?

How on earth are you so happy about your decades old business plan of pissing in other peoples pools?

Southwest can only exist as the cheapo alternative to the existing airlines. If there were no more legacy carriers and only WN, small towns and international service would be gone. You cant fly a baby puke 737 to Rome or Reading. Sure, its swell that Ed and Peggy can now fly to Vegas for the price of a steak, but are you helping the people of Philadelphia if you help push a troubled carrier to thier demise? I'm sure the city will be thrilled to lose thier international gateway and comprehensive service thoroughout the east coast (not just to secondary airports in major markets.) But hey, at least they can see a flight attendant dressed like a camp counselor act like a tool all the way to Kansas right? :rolleyes: Wah-hey!

Competition is fine, but being gleeful about the possibility of putting thousands of your hard working peers out of thier careers is disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Looks like your F/As are tired of making Denny's wages to fund the airlines poaching of other airlines markets for profit. Good for them.

Hope you can afford a cheesesteak when you get to Philly. But at least you can fly to "the Boston area" for the price of three Starbucks coffees!

Light Years said:
:unsure: Are you fricking kidding me?

How on earth are you so happy about your decades old business plan of pissing in other peoples pools?

Southwest can only exist as the cheapo alternative to the existing airlines. If there were no more legacy carriers and only WN, small towns and international service would be gone. You cant fly a baby puke 737 to Rome or Reading. Sure, its swell that Ed and Peggy can now fly to Vegas for the price of a steak, but are you helping the people of Philadelphia if you help push a troubled carrier to thier demise? I'm sure the city will be thrilled to lose thier international gateway and comprehensive service thoroughout the east coast (not just to secondary airports in major markets.) But hey, at least they can see a flight attendant dressed like a camp counselor act like a tool all the way to Kansas right? :rolleyes: Wah-hey!

Competition is fine, but being gleeful about the possibility of putting thousands of your hard working peers out of thier careers is disgraceful. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Looks like your F/As are tired of making Denny's wages to fund the airlines poaching of other airlines markets for profit. Good for them.

Hope you can afford a cheesesteak when you get to Philly. But at least you can fly to "the Boston area" for the price of three Starbucks coffees!
"Are you fricking kidding me?"

No, I'm not kidding. We're gonna kick major butt in Phl

Wow, your'e tough. Are you gonna do the "Beat It" dance now? I didnt realize I was talking to a WWF wrestler.

Yes you'll sell some insanely low tickets in Philadelphia. But how an AIRLINE "kicks major butt" I'm not too clear on... Will you be kicking one of our more shapely employees in the backside? Or does it just mean singing songs, not letting drunks on the plane and avoiding the local Chevron?

Arent you the poster who was upset that that dreadful Drunks and Fatties show on A&E had the "nerve" to show one of your employees with his partner at a company party? Wow, you'll fit in reaaaally well in Philly. Do you hate everyone, or just those who are different, or work for a different company than you? Wheres the LUV!

Pick up a sport, mate, and have some pride in your profession and respect for your peers. Wishing serious ill will like job loss and the demise of a company close to many peoples hearts is wrong. What goes around has a habit of coming around.

A very wise, bespectacled man from England once sang "Instant Karma's gonna get you..."

Bye now.

Speaking of "Airline". I have many folks say to me lately (out of the industry), that after seeing this show, they wouldn't want to fly Southwest. They don't like the way they treat the passengers. I think the show actually shows Southwest in a very bad light. The employees come across as pompous and egotistical. There have been one or two that did a customer a favor, like the little old lady that was going to die if she didn't get her medicine that was in her luggage on another flight. It took them forever to make the situation right for her. They finally put her on an American flight so she wouldn't die.

I would strongly suggest to anyone who has any medical problems whatsoever, NOT to fly Southwest!!!!! They have no agreements with any other airline, so if things are critical, if you have someone dying or you are sick, and need to get somewhere.....FORGET IT. Bring your coffin to the Airport. :shock:

USAir kicks Southwest's butt already. I fly through PHL to go to BWI just to avoid the greyhound bus in the sky. ORF, my home market, is the obesity capital in the world, and I don't appreciate being forced to the airport early to avoid having people spill over into my lap as a regular flier. Usair calls me on my cell phone when there are flightissues - Southwest doesn't care about me.

Southwest sucks.

WNrforlife said:
"Are you fricking kidding me?"

No, I'm not kidding. We're gonna kick major butt in Phl
WNforlife:
You must be insanely bored or have a radically pathetic existence, man! from a ethical perspective, you are clearly corrupt! to echoe lightyears' sentiments, jeering and finding comfort and excitement in the prospect of somebody's livliehood being involuntarily revoked is deploreable! as much as your airline makes me sick (i think it has something to do with your color scheme?!?), i would never wish any of your colleagues ill. clearly you have substituted your job as a quasi-religion; and you, my friend, are a radical!!! psychology has a category for people like you...
There is, however, some potential value to your vacuous rants: it solidifies u's employee's collective disdain of your operation!!! and, i assure you--economics is a cyclical event--one day customers won't laugh at your absurd jokes and pranks; they will want to be treated professionally!!! when that happens, however, i will continue to wish you success and financial stability!

WNrforlife said:
Don't even go there.... Obviously, you are worried, or you wouldn't be on our board. We will either co-exist together, or we will bury you. :angry:

Latest posts

Back