New ID badges

FlyOnWall

Senior
Mar 22, 2004
New IDs

Wonder if they will be in color or black and white, and if there will be new pictures taken?

Why are the first names on the HP and new US ones twice? CLARK Clark Kent?

I think the idea is so that customers can see your first name better. Or perhaps its for our TSA challenged brethren.

I think the idea is so that customers can see your first name better. Or perhaps its for our TSA challenged brethren.

There are also a lot of people who don't go by thier given name. (Ie...where it says CLARK really big it may say JOHN and underneath it'll say Smith, Jonathan.)

Customers are not supposed to see people's ID badges. Flight Attendants are taught that thier ID is to be out of view or not worn onboard the aircraft.

New IDs

Why are the first names on the HP and new US ones twice? CLARK Clark Kent?

The name in caps can be used for a nickname. For Hank Hill, this would appear on the ID card as HANK then Hill, Henry.

bio_img_hank.gif

New IDs

Wonder if they will be in color or black and white, and if there will be new pictures taken?

Well what I got out of the Corporate release is the new badges will be distributed...meaning they won't make you go an apply for a new one...if this is accurate then no need for new pictures either.

Well what I got out of the Corporate release is the new badges will be distributed...meaning they won't make you go an apply for a new one...if this is accurate then no need for new pictures either.

That would mean they store our images. :shock:

So HP people in color and US in b&W? Or will they colorize like Ted Turner did to those movies?

There are many reasons to go with new badges with new numbers for everyone. One of them is you won't be able to look at someone's badge and tell if they were East or West. Should help in a small but important way towards cultural integration. That's why I asked the question about the B&W photos.

They have on the west for a long time. I just hope they will allow for new/updated photos......some people have changed over the years. :D

Hey, in my current old pic I'm 5 years younger and about 15 lbs lighter...I'll keep my old photo thank you! :lol:

Latest posts

Back