New LAX Service

http://biz.yahoo.com/pz/060814/103786.html
These intra-California routes have been crying for service. In addition to the new Delta service, these RJs can feed the AF/KE/CS/CA codeshares to PPT/NRT/CAN/TPE and ICN, as well as the Hawaii service.
With 100 seats/day in each direction to SFO/SJC/OAK/SMF/LAS, DL certainly a definite threat to the big boyz. I wonder how many of the $49/$59 seats will be available on each flight? Better off using larger RJ's or mainline. I can just see it now, a 50 seater with 50 nr/buddy pass standbys for each flight. :shock:

Interesting. The Mexico routes seem to make sense to me, assuming that the traffic is there. But I can't figure out the intra-CA routes. Why would DL take on WN and UA on these routes with high cost RJs? It just doesn't make sense. Especially when DL can use the BK process to get rid of excess RJs. Or am I missing something here?

They are not meant to compete with UA/WN in the least. These are just small planes meant to feed the flights out of LAX. Almost all of it connecting service to Intl destinations. Whatever seats they don't fill here, the will offer at a discount for local intra-Califonia demand.

Didn't DL serve LAS-LAX with B757s just within the last couple of years. PRE 9-11 I even flew a 767-300 on the LAX-LAS portion of my travel. And now, oohhh, there will be 2 rjs on the run, let me run and get my ticket, on either Ted, WN, US, or even AA with their MD80 where at least I can stand up. just my thoughs............

They are not meant to compete with UA/WN in the least. These are just small planes meant to feed the flights out of LAX. Almost all of it connecting service to Intl destinations. Whatever seats they don't fill here, the will offer at a discount for local intra-Califonia demand.
If they can't fill those RJ's out of LAX to Mexico with local traffic, they have no business being in the market. A 50seat aircraft in the intra-California mkt makes no sense, and the feed to Hawaii makes no sense as HA/AQ/TZ have nonstops from all of the "feeder" cities. Bring back the 757's.

RJs with $50 fares? Sounds like FlyI.

I can't remember how long LAX has the runway closed for, but DL should not be clogging LAX with RJs flying on routes served by multiple 100+ seat planes daily.

I wonder if AS will put their code on those some of these DL flights.

I missed the part where it says Delta is builing a LAX hub and new flights to PPT/NRT/CAN/TPE and ICN.

These codeshare flights are not new.

"If they can't fill those RJ's out of LAX to Mexico with local traffic, they have no business being in the market"

I beg to differ. When LAS and SFO get non-stops to Zacatecas and Loreto you might have a point.

We have been codesharing with AA Eagle for years now out of LAX for intra-california service but only for connecting flights...now we are using our own flights which will allow not only for connecting traffic, but for O&D traffic out of LAX...
The post 9-11 flight to LAS was operated out of SNA, as an add-on leg to an ATL flight...

[quote name='Nor'Easta' post='409497' date='Aug 24 2006, 03:16 PM']Alaska will not code share with Delta. They already code share with American.[/quote]

Perhaps you wish to clarify. AS does indeed codeshare with AS and has its code on a number of key DL LAX routes. In some cases, it has its code on routes throughout its system that are flown by both AA and DL.

Latest posts