New Non-Rev Policy starts March 3rd.

Don’t worry about seniority boarding we are fully capable of handling the seniority system. It has been proven and tested for many years.

WHO, the PHX gate agents ?

Don’t worry about seniority boarding we are fully capable of handling the seniority system. It has been proven and tested for many years.
Agreed worked well for me 36 years, never had to question my position on the list. If you had any doubts and you didnt get boarded you could get the list and check who got on and hire date.

But again system worked well and never had anyone board ahead of me that had lower seniority.

Now that Iam retired my 36 years dont mean as much as they used to. ;)

What happens when your go to the gate without listing online (etc) or change your routing at the last minute with out talking to a agent
The gate agent lists you at the gate....and the gate agent can change your routing or go on the ETC.....that's the way it's always been done on the West side....e-tickeing, we never needed to be ticketed, just listed...

And imagine the chaos at the gate when everybody will running to the gate agent trying to figure our there seniority, the delays will increase.
For the most part, we on the East don't "run" to the gate agent and harrass them about our position on the list. We just sit in the boarding area and wait for our name to be called. It really is not as dramatic as people are making it out to be. Why would this significantly increase delays out of PHX? Don't agents clear standby lists in PHX now prior to departure? If you are thinking that there is just this "mass" of senior people running up at the last minute, it simply does not happen.

Just give the system a try, I think you'll see minimal change once it is implemented.

For the most part, we on the East don't "run" to the gate agent and harrass them about our position on the list. We just sit in the boarding area and wait for our name to be called. It really is not as dramatic as people are making it out to be. Why would this significantly increase delays out of PHX? Don't agents clear standby lists in PHX now prior to departure? If you are thinking that there is just this "mass" of senior people running up at the last minute, it simply does not happen.

Just give the system a try, I think you'll see minimal change once it is implemented.
Yes, agents clear you at the gate...wide open they usually clear you when they show up to work the flight...commute out of PHX and never have a problem with agents...

For the most part, we on the East don't "run" to the gate agent and harrass them about our position on the list. We just sit in the boarding area and wait for our name to be called.
Very true I just go the agent to make sure Iam listed then sit and wait for my name to be called.

Plus I know from working Passenger Service for many years if you bother the agents boarding

the flt, that will only get you a center seat :D

It is simple you get put on the standby list by your date of hire (year)
And about ½ hour before the departure time you clear your standbys if you don't get a seat you were not hired soon enough if your are late to the gate after the standbys are cleared and there are no seats left your SOL..

Very true I just go the agent to make sure Iam listed then sit and wait for my name to be called.

Plus I know from working Passenger Service for many years if you bother the agents boarding

the flt, that will only get you a center seat :D
I actually had an agent call me for my boarding pass in PHL last week about 10 minutes prior to departure. When I got to the podium, she asked if I preferred a window or an aisle. Treat them with respect, and you receive the same, whether in PHL or PHX.

I don't get all the fuss from everyone? You only have to e-ticket..you dont get a paper ticket. When you make the listing on the ETC, it automatically e-tickets you. If you make a listing where upfront fees are required (parents, buddy passes, etc) you can pay online, or you can pay at the ATO/CTO.

So check in time as no bearing what so ever any more ?
I think I finally get what you are getting at. Since the system is seniority based, are u worried that people run up and take your seat at the last minute? Let me quell your fears....

In my 11 years here, I have been bumped off flights I thought I was going to make. On flights that are tight (meaning securing a seat could go either way), I have *NEVER* had an agent take away my seat after it was assigned close to departure when someone senior runs up to board. It seems like it just does not happen. If the flight is mainly full and departs at 3pm, lets say they clear non revs around 245-250p, I have never had them come down and yank me.

Does that help at all?

Back