New Non-Rev Policy starts March 3rd.

Again
What happens when your go to the gate without listing online (etc) or change your routing at the last minute with out talking to a agent
Again a747 answered that question
The gate agent lists you at the gate....and the gate agent can change your routing or go on the ETC.....that's the way it's always been done on the West side....e-tickeing, we never needed to be ticketed, just listed...

Again
What happens when your go to the gate without listing online (etc) or change your routing at the last minute with out talking to a agent
You either have to go to the ETC and change it yourself, have an agent change it...or call the pass line....you don't have a ticket with e-ticket, just your record locator, and boarding pass if you check-in at kiosk or gate agent gives you one....

I'm confused, what is ETC? we on the East "list" for a flt. then when we get to the gate, the agent checks us in,then clears the standby list in order of senortiy (now year of hire) so we still have to go to a kiosk or agent for a paper tkt?? :unsure:

I'm confused, what is ETC? we on the East "list" for a flt. then when we get to the gate, the agent checks us in,then clears the standby list in order of senortiy (now year of hire) so we still have to go to a kiosk or agent for a paper tkt?? :unsure:
No your boarding pass is your ETC. Electronic Ticket

Isn't the ETC is the Employee Travel Center, where you list on theHub?
Yes but I think a lot of people use ETC as short for e-ticket.
I think a lot of people are getting confused with the idea of a paper ticket.
On the East side I know when you check in for a flt your boarding pass is an e-ticket
I could be wrong :( have known to be so before :blink:

East is going onto same system as West is currently on. West has never had to have a paper ticket issued after listing for a west flight.

You list, you're given a confirmation number. This is an "e-ticket". You check in at the ticket counter or kiosk, check your bags if you have any and then you are issued a "paper" boarding pass to get through security. You show up at the departure gate and you wait for your name to be called, when called, they will give you another boarding pass with a seat assignment on it.

You can also use "web check-in" via the Hub or Compass.

If you change your itinerary, you simply list via phone is it is employee travel. Buddy Passes, must always use ETC for the initial booking in order to deduct the passes from the employee. Any changes can then be made by phone via the pass line.

Its very simple. The only time you need paper tickets is on other airlines or possibly some other special times.

East is going onto same system as West is currently on. West has never had to have a paper ticket issued after listing for a west flight.

You list, you're given a confirmation number. This is an "e-ticket". You check in at the ticket counter or kiosk, check your bags if you have any and then you are issued a "paper" boarding pass to get through security. You show up at the departure gate and you wait for your name to be called, when called, they will give you another boarding pass with a seat assignment on it.

You can also use "web check-in" via the Hub or Compass.

If you change your itinerary, you simply list via phone is it is employee travel. Buddy Passes, must always use ETC for the initial booking in order to deduct the passes from the employee. Any changes can then be made by phone via the pass line.

Its very simple. The only time you need paper tickets is on other airlines or possibly some other special times.

Above is exactly the same way East does it now, the only difference today would be that we can list on the automated East IVR phone as well; I presume that will go away and it will just be thru the ETC....

You can also use "web check-in" via the Hub or Compass. This will be new....I'll miss the IVR phone as I usually list while drivin' to the airport! :lol:

I would assume that if u have a crew ID, you can still just go thru security and check in at the gate, as long as you have previously listed, no? Or, to put it another way, run to your commuting flight and check in at the gate (provided you listed), as we have always done at East. To me, the only change is the phone IVR going away, and the "web check in" being added. Do I have it right?

I hope they keep the phone option. It was easy when away from home and no access to a computer. Actually easier, logging on the Hub is difficult at times and after I think 3 attempts
your locked out and have to call to reset.

Back