New Seat Covers on 757

BlackTail

Aug 14, 2007
Tonight AC #910, a west 757, came in and had new seat covers. They are the same ones that they have been using on the east 767s. The seats were actually rather comfortable now.

Unfortunately, the galleys, lavs, overheads, tv monitors, etc are all the same pieces of crap. No new bulkheads, still the ugly HP bulkheads. Any improvement is appreciated though, especially on the old west 757 and 737 aircraft.

Anyone have any idea of other "improvements" that they will make to other a/c across the fleet, particularly the 75's?

Tonight AC #910, a west 757, came in and had new seat covers. They are the same ones that they have been using on the east 767s. The seats were actually rather comfortable now.

Unfortunately, the galleys, lavs, overheads, tv monitors, etc are all the same pieces of crap. No new bulkheads, still the ugly HP bulkheads. Any improvement is appreciated though, especially on the old west 757 and 737 aircraft.

Anyone have any idea of other "improvements" that they will make to other a/c across the fleet, particularly the 75's?

If you remember correctly, the East 767 were peice mealed. The interiors were not done all at the same time. Seems the seats were done first and then the side walls and bulk head walls etc.....

I thought the remaining HP birds are in too bad condition to do ETOPS... like 911, 912, 913, etc... and aren't these some of the oldest HP birds with the highest cycles?

Maybe so, but the oldest 757s on the planet are in the east fleet. But I understand those cannot be ETOPS'd, either. The last fleet plan I saw showed 10 ETOPS 757s surviving the purge of Boeings from the fleet.

TJ still does interiors?

and they should dry 'em out in the sun so that the dead rats they use for stuffing have a chance to lose their less attractive aspects.

I thought the remaining HP birds are in too bad condition to do ETOPS... like 911, 912, 913, etc... and aren't these some of the oldest HP birds with the highest cycles?

Its 913,914,915 that are the old hp 757's they can from eastern and they will not be etops. I heard from mx ctr they are leaving sometime next year. 910 is the newest of the hp a/c

I just flew N910AW last night on the redeye from Phoenix to Charlotte. The all-leather seating is a huge improvement. No new bins, no new bulkheads....yet. One weird thing that I noticed. The seatbacks and seat cushions have been updated with the new interiors. The armrests, however, are still the same from the old seats. These are definitely new seatbacks as they are different than those we originally had on this aircraft and much more comfortable with the upgrade. First Class seats were upgraded with new interiors as well with blue and gray leather.

The 757 is my favorite plane to work on (call me crazy, I know, but I like the plane, the trips, and the crews), and I work on this plane almost exclusively. These new interiors have been sorely needed for a long time now and it is great to see it finally become a reality! :up:

Here are some pics that I took with my camera last night before of the cabin before we started boarding:

First Class cabin:

DSC01406.jpg

Coach cabin from doors 2L/2R to 3L/3R:

DSC01399.jpg

Its 913,914,915 that are the old hp 757's they can from eastern and they will not be etops. I heard from mx ctr they are leaving sometime next year. 910 is the newest of the hp a/c

Fantastic.....

I've got a DH from HNL Dec 2. I will have my fingers crossed that we have 910 for the return....... Im so darn short i get deep vein thrombosis sitting in those old seats......

I just flew N910AW last night on the redeye from Phoenix to Charlotte. The all-leather seating is a huge improvement. No new bins, no new bulkheads....yet. One weird thing that I noticed. The seatbacks and seat cushions have been updated with the new interiors. The armrests, however, are still the same from the old seats. These are definitely new seatbacks as they are different than those we originally had on this aircraft and much more comfortable with the upgrade. First Class seats were upgraded with new interiors as well with blue and gray leather.

The 757 is my favorite plane to work on (call me crazy, I know, but I like the plane, the trips, and the crews), and I work on this plane almost exclusively. These new interiors have been sorely needed for a long time now and it is great to see it finally become a reality! :up:

Here are some pics that I took with my camera last night before of the cabin before we started boarding:

First Class cabin:

DSC01406.jpg

Coach cabin from doors 2L/2R to 3L/3R:

DSC01399.jpg

looks nice.

Both cabins look pretty nice and those seats actually look very comfortable. I like the
two-tone look in First Class, looks very similar to DL but at least in coach a little nicer,
at least from the photos anyway. If I remember right the 767's with leather in coach,
and the three ex ATA 757's with Leather in coach are a darker blue. The lighter blue on
910, looks like it would still show pen marks easily, just like the grey leather in East
First Class, while the previously mentioned darker blue does not.

My 2 cents, please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

LGA777

Latest posts

Back