New Seniority List

jersey777

Veteran
May 24, 2006
In case anyone wants to look...the June 1, 2008 seniority list for flight attendants is now online. Go into crew resources and look at the bottom of the page. The new numbers aren't loaded into DECS yet. I went up around 180 people since the last shuffle in December.

In case anyone wants to look...the June 1, 2008 seniority list for flight attendants is now online. Go into crew resources and look at the bottom of the page. The new numbers aren't loaded into DECS yet. I went up around 180 people since the last shuffle in December.

I made it into the 13,000's but only moved a little over 200 numbers. Seems like I move less and less w/ each shuffle.

Wow, 17335! I'll be holding Shanghai before I know it.

MK

Hi Mark
That _was_ my seniority position as of yesterday, and I was flying PVG last month. This month, the last 4 CM speakers at IOR all held LHR. I moved up 200 numbers but I'm still anxious to see what will happen to us juniors in the fall. If we are to be furloughed, they need to send us a warn letter by the first week of July for a September furlough. Let's hope enough people can take leaves. I can tell you that based on an informal poll taken from my int. flights this month, no one was interested in taking a leave or partnership flying. They were all worried about sliding down to reserve on international or not being able to hold DEL/PVG or their fav. London departure.

And here I am worried about my job! Silly me.

Mark & Byron, FWIW...

I got a call this morning that WARN letters were sent out yesterday. I called one of my sources to see if I could find out the numbers. Now, what I was told was that if any are sent, it will not be until after July 1 which makes sense. The WARN letter means furlough 60 days from date of letter. Why would they layoff [i[before[/i] Labor Day?

Also, I was told that "so far" there would be none sent to SLT because we are not that impacted by the cutbacks. That seems to mean that Byron, you would be safe; Mark, don't know your status. The 5 former TW f/as at SLT were all in the first callback last July when Byron was recalled. If they are not included, then obviously Byron is not included as he was just senior to them.

I put the so far in quotes for a reason. I'm not sure, nor is my source, that 40-45 S80s is the final word on that subject. I doubt it will be less, but it could very easily be more. When things look blackest, I'm always there with the voice of doom. :lol:

New info! It was not WARN letters that went out yesterday. It seems that Jeff Brundage (sp?) sent out a letter saying that management staff would be cut by 8% overall. However, this will not be an across-the-board cut. It will be by region and function. (The staff at STL is already so small that 8% would not even be a full person by any measure. We have 1 OSM, 1 MOD, 1 Payroll, 1 secretary and 2 FSMs reporting to the base manager. Before any of you correct me, the other FSM is not on STL's payroll.)

My source confirmed that WARN letters, if any, will not be sent until after 01JUL to account for the Labor Day holiday.

BTW, I meant to add that when I looked at the new seniority numbers, my number had dropped by 259. According to the Flight Service website, the 2008 attrition through the end of May is 299. I am assuming that 40 people junior to me have quit, died, retired, or gotten fired. This must stop! Only people senior to me are permitted to leave.

On the good news front...according to the Domestic Mutual Postings, 3 people senior to me at SLT are transferring to ORD and 3 people junior to me are tranferring in to SLT. Let's hear it for the domestic mutual transfers!!!!

Back