Seniority list

a few guys who left 2 weeks ago are still on the seniority list.

not only have they not merged twu-iam station/system, they haven't even kept current with twu members who took the buyout 2 weeks ago.

i guess one day they'll update it.
I have been following these seniority issues and find it odd that you guys cannot find or see an updated seniority list. We can see ours daily. And it's updated quite often. Last update date I seen when I looked 2 days ago, ours was updated 5-1-20. It's all computerized so when someone leaves, quits, get fired or whatever, it takes someone to delete, input, and update the seniority list, and all they have to do is push a few buttons and select enter. I have never read an updated list where the date was more than 2 weeks old.
As someone already indicated here, we too have some guys on the leave options for up to three months and will retire after the 3 months but will remain on seniority list until they are officially retired, but we will not see them again at work unless they decide to stop by and visit. Some of them scheduled July 1 as their last day, so shortly after that date the list will get updated again.

Final seniority list still in the works. I wonder how we can comply with contractual bidding timelines without a corrected list? On the TWU side we never had access to the latest IAM seniority list so that makes it difficult for anyone on the TWU side to grieve their seniority position on the master list. I suppose the IAM members had a TWU list since it was accessable in Jetnet at the time and all you needed to do was print one up from a TWU member and post it. Through the failures and lack of access to a IAM list and the delays in station bidding I can't even imagine how the association and company will handle more difficult contractual issues as they arise.

Last edited:
Final seniority list still in the works. I wonder how we can comply with contractual bidding timelines without a corrected list? On the TWU side we never had access to the latest IAM seniority list so that makes it difficult for anyone on the TWU side to grieve their seniority position on the master list. I suppose the IAM members had a TWU list since it was acceptable in Jetnet at the time and all you needed to do was print one up from a TWU member and post it. Through the failures and lack of access to a IAM list and the delays in station bidding I can't even imagine how the association and company will handle more difficult contractual issues as they arise.

1AA

AND yet we still have guys here at AA in M&R that won't sign AMFA cards so we can get an election. Like they say you just can't fix STUPID.

Just what is it going to take from both AA and this ASSociation for the M&R group to wake up.

Final seniority list still in the works. I wonder how we can comply with contractual bidding timelines without a corrected list? On the TWU side we never had access to the latest IAM seniority list so that makes it difficult for anyone on the TWU side to grieve their seniority position on the master list. I suppose the IAM members had a TWU list since it was accessable in Jetnet at the time and all you needed to do was print one up from a TWU member and post it. Through the failures and lack of access to a IAM list and the delays in station bidding I can't even imagine how the association and company will handle more difficult contractual issues as they arise.
I heard that at one time the TWU had a Junority list?...... What was that all about?

I heard that at one time the TWU had a Junority list?...... What was that all about?

It's my understanding is that if AA were to lay off 800 mechs for example. The bottom 800 mechanics in the system would be the only ones subject to being bumped. It was supposed to limit the bump and rolling.

It's my understanding is that if AA were to lay off 800 mechs for example. The bottom 800 mechanics in the system would be the only ones subject to being bumped. It was supposed to limit the bump and rolling.
Nope. We now have the iam contract, bump and roll where ever your seniority carries you is where you go. But thanks for trying to spread false info!

Latest posts