New SMF-PHL and CLT service?

SMFops

Feb 14, 2008
Hi Everybody, my first post on this forum and it will be one out on a limb.
Was just told by my station manager that Tempe is in the final review process of these two new routes to start in June so look for a possible announcement in the coming weeks. Both would be a daily nonstop, PHL an 0830 departure and CLT a 2230 departure. Hopefully true so I won't have to double connect to get to Europe or the Caribbean.

welcome to the boards. hopefully they will have the SMF-PHL and SMF-CLT flights i think it will do good

Was just told by my station manager that Tempe is in the final review process of these two new routes to start in June so look for a possible announcement in the coming weeks. Both would be a daily nonstop, PHL an 0830 departure and CLT a 2230 departure. Hopefully true so I won't have to double connect to get to Europe or the Caribbean.
Geez. Are they just adding these flights out of there arse to prove something?? We have enough connections thru LAS and PHX to SMF. IF you are going to add a real route, how bout BOS-SEA? BOS-SFO? DCA-SMF? PHL-SJC? Always thought CLT-ABQ or CLT-TUS would make sense too.

Any additions would be nice. I'm still waiting for my 2 biggest wishes - ELP and ABQ, so I wouldn't have to connect just to visit friends for a day or two!

OMG abq----red chile----green chile-----stuffed sopaipillas - - - - im so hungry......

2daepf6.jpg

Should do well with load, even though I'm surprised they would try this now with fuel what it is. SMF currently only has connections east of Chicago to JFK (B6), IAD (UA), and ATL (DL), so it seems that their could be good connection opportunities. I flew BOS-SMF on US Airways a couple of months ago, connecting at that horrific place called Sky Harbor....I would have changed in PHL if I had the option.....though coming back I would have preferred the red-eye through Charlotte. The red-eye through Phoenix was miserable since it breaks the trip into too short of segments to really get any sleep.

All that said, fares seem to be pretty low. CLT-SMF is only about $0.10 per mile. I assume this will be an A319 if it happens?

Welcome to the board SMFops.
Thanks for the heads up. Im sure it will do well. Our SMF PIT did very well with an 90% load factor all the time.

Now TUS-CLT is just a waste since it's fricking next to PHX c'mon...take Mesa there please...we need more INTL routes or atleast routes that makes some sense.

I would think that SJC would have come before SMF and u TUS flight should be switched for a SLC flight

Now TUS-CLT is just a waste since it's fricking next to PHX c'mon...take Mesa there please...we need more INTL routes or atleast routes that makes some sense.

YVINTERN....

Well...your wish will soon come true.
Although this summer is light on new Int'l routes (exception of LHR), due mainly to lack of widebody equipment, next year will see previously announced PHL-PEK and a few others from PHL.

PLUS.... at least one of three coming routes from PHX!!!
From 2009-2011 PHX will add LHR, FRA and NRT. We are receiving something like 17 332's over the next 4-5 years!

So, thought I would add a bit of good news on this board today for a change.

Back