New Underground Site

Wind up? It's called "discussion". There are several posts on this forum that state there isn't enough discussion. Well, those statements present some points to discuss.

For every opinion, there can be several counter-opinions. That's the way discussions work. If everyone agreed on everything, this forum would serve no useful purpose. If we just hung around here and patted each other on the back, this forum would be useless.

If you find yourself getting "wound-up" over a statement, then make your opinon known. But don't whine about it....

By the way, Air Canada destroyed this industry by continuously offering seats at below cost in an attempt to bankrupt the rest of the airlines and achieve a monopoly. This predatory pricing policy might of worked if it had not been for unforseen successful contenders like Westjet, who have managed to operate a good company with reasonable wages and customer satisfacdtion.

Air Canada is an old bloated collection of overpaid, underworked, labor paired with hack and slash management with a "scortched earth" financial plan. They just ran out of money before they decimated the entire industry.

Isn't it nice to have an opinion?

2.gif

But now, back to the topic. The "underground" site has a few new features. One post introduces a TC joke with a TC inspector at the but of the joke. It doesn't address any policy. It's just plain juvenile degradation. Is that constructive? I wonder if any operators would be offended by a joke like that? For instance:

How do you know a 704 operator is lying? His lips are moving....

Not constructive at all.

Also, there is a post about CAMC and OSH. What's the use of whining about CAMC or OSH on a site meant to discuss TC problems? Why not just start talking about how Walmart ripped you off for the stereo you bought there?

Again, the "underground" is proving to be a source of enjoyment for me, so keep it up!

1.gif

Wind up? It's called "discussion". There are several posts on this forum that state there isn't enough discussion. Well, those statements present some points to discuss.

For every opinion, there can be several counter-opinions. That's the way discussions work. If everyone agreed on everything, this forum would serve no useful purpose. If we just hung around here and patted each other on the back, this forum would be useless.

If you find yourself getting "wound-up" over a statement, then make your opinon known. But don't whine about it....

By the way, Air Canada destroyed this industry by continuously offering seats at below cost in an attempt to bankrupt the rest of the airlines and achieve a monopoly. This predatory pricing policy might of worked if it had not been for unforseen successful contenders like Westjet, who have managed to operate a good company with reasonable wages and customer satisfacdtion.

Air Canada is an old bloated collection of overpaid, underworked, labor paired with hack and slash management with a "scortched earth" financial plan. They just ran out of money before they decimated the entire industry.

2.gif

But now, back to the topic. The "underground" site has a few new features. One post introduces a TC joke with a TC inspector at the but of the joke. It doesn't address any policy. It's just plain juvenile degradation. Is that constructive? I wonder if any operators would be offended by a joke like that? For instance:

Not constructive at all.

Also, there is a post about CAMC and OSH. What's the use of whining about CAMC or OSH on a site meant to discuss TC problems? Why not just start talking about how Walmart ripped you off for the stereo you bought there?

Again, the "underground" is proving to be a source of enjoyment for me, so keep it up!

1.gif

2.gif

Not constructive at all.

1.gif

2.gif

Not constructive at all.

1.gif

2.gif

Not constructive at all.

1.gif

2.gif

Not constructive at all.

1.gif

Well, quite a statement..

I see you didn''t comment on my statements regarding Rhys Eaton... Must be an old Blue Team boy..

As for me getting wound up, I think you will find that I''m old a crusty enough that whatever is said on here will just be water off a ducks back... If I ever got wound up by something said on an anonymous forum I''d be ashamed of myself. Being anonymous allows people to run off at the mouth in a way that they would never do in a face to face conversation.

Just remember the analogy of what opinions are like....

Phil

I see you didn''t comment on my statements regarding Rhys Eaton... Must be an old Blue Team boy..

As for me getting wound up, I think you will find that I''m old a crusty enough that whatever is said on here will just be water off a ducks back... If I ever got wound up by something said on an anonymous forum I''d be ashamed of myself. Being anonymous allows people to run off at the mouth in a way that they would never do in a face to face conversation.

Phil

Phil

Phil

Phil

Phil

Phil

Phil

Phil

Back