New Underground Site

I see you didn't comment on my statements regarding Rhys Eaton... Must be an old Blue Team boy..

Okay. I’ll bite. By the way. Does that statement mean you’re a “red teamâ€￾ boy? Can’t someone have an opinion on aviation in Canada without being labeled like that?

Maybe you should talk to Rhys Eaton who took a very profitable PWA and turned it into a bankrupt Canadian....

You should take a serious look at this document:

http://cra.ucalgary.ca/PDF/AirChrono77-98.pdf

There you will realize that Canadian Airlines was doomed as soon as Air Canada became privatized with 0 debt and Hollis Harris decided to increase capacity on all routes even though there was over-capacity already. This started the “0â€￾ debt status spiral into the red to support his predatory policies and his desire to kill CAI.

CAI was holding it’s own, and had good public support but management there realized they were in trouble MUCH earlier than Air Canada seems to be realizing it.

Was CAI management efficient? No. Not particularly. Did directors and share holders make a pile of money when the liquidated shares and ran? Probably. But what on earth does that have to do with Air Canada and its detrimental affect on the industry? Air Canada continued to lose money at an alarming rate even with an 80% market share. How the hell do you do that? I know. By offering your product at below cost.

You may ask, what does AC have to do with TCCA? Nothing directly. But my point was that if you are concerned about detrimental elements in the aviation industry TODAY, the focus should be on Air Canada. Not TCCA. Not Rhys Eaton. Not CAI.

I see you didn't comment on my statements regarding Rhys Eaton... Must be an old Blue Team boy..

Okay. I’ll bite. By the way. Does that statement mean you’re a “red teamâ€￾ boy? Can’t someone have an opinion on aviation in Canada without being labeled like that?

Maybe you should talk to Rhys Eaton who took a very profitable PWA and turned it into a bankrupt Canadian....

There you will realize that Canadian Airlines was doomed as soon as Air Canada became privatized with 0 debt and Hollis Harris decided to increase capacity on all routes even though there was over-capacity already. This started the “0â€￾ debt status spiral into the red to support his predatory policies and his desire to kill CAI.

CAI was holding it’s own, and had good public support but management there realized they were in trouble MUCH earlier than Air Canada seems to be realizing it.

Was CAI management efficient? No. Not particularly. Did directors and share holders make a pile of money when the liquidated shares and ran? Probably. But what on earth does that have to do with Air Canada and its detrimental affect on the industry? Air Canada continued to lose money at an alarming rate even with an 80% market share. How the hell do you do that? I know. By offering your product at below cost.

You may ask, what does AC have to do with TCCA? Nothing directly. But my point was that if you are concerned about detrimental elements in the aviation industry TODAY, the focus should be on Air Canada. Not TCCA. Not Rhys Eaton. Not CAI.

And I assume you mean that when Eaton bought a bankrupt Wardair (for enough money to send Max laughing all the way to the bank), assumed it''s debt, had to pay out for cancelled aircraft orders, that this had nothing to do with sending CAI into a debt spiral which was out of control??

Not really a stellar moment in his career. The purchase of CP and Wardair was what did in PWA just as much as any pressure from Air Canada. Just plain dumb moves.

Phil

ps.. Not a red teamer either....

And I assume you mean that when Eaton bought a bankrupt Wardair (for enough money to send Max laughing all the way to the bank), assumed it''s debt, had to pay out for cancelled aircraft orders, that this had nothing to do with sending CAI into a debt spiral which was out of control??

Not really a stellar moment in his career. The purchase of CP and Wardair was what did in PWA just as much as any pressure from Air Canada. Just plain dumb moves.

Phil

Phil

Phil

Phil

Phil

Back