Advanced
Aug 25, 2002
Clt hangars
pit hangars
phl hangar
dca hangar
bos hangar
lax hangar

These hangars a too full. Nice try Dave !!! You think a judge will believe that one.

cat 111 said:
Clt hangars
pit hangars
phl hangar
dca hangar
bos hangar
lax hangar

These hangars a too full. Nice try Dave !!! You think a judge will believe that one.
TPA Hanger that we apparently are still holding the lease on?

My opinion is that they're holding onto TPA in case they lose in the courts and get forced to take the work back in house. Just my armchair opinion

who says they still hold the lease?
wasn't it rejected along with facilities in other cities?
from what i recieved from tpa airport authority,they are actively looking for a new tenant...if so,how can we still be holding the lease?

I believe TPA is out of the picture as mentioned in the BK-reorg.
CLT alone currently has TWO bays open for business. The A319/320 C-cks are supposed to go to PIT in Jan.(if PIT is still there). That will make CLT HVY MTC a perfect place to put the S-CKs. And the CLT line hangar has TWO bays that could be used.....Line MTC worked for years outdoors before their hangar was built.

Liars will be Liars and we seem to have cornered the market on them over the past year. WE DO HAVE THE ROOM!!

The truth is that PIRACY, Inc., does not want to re-call any mechs from furlough. That is the real deal here.......but Dave LORENZO Siegel will never admit to that fact. He knows darn well that this is the truth :eek: of the matter!!

I learned from STORES yesterday that all sorts of parts are heading out to ALABAMA as if it's business as usual. They made a stock-station in BGM using HVY as the station code. Pretty bold move before the courts have spoken eh???
Also, Many BOEING parts are being sent to VISTA for resale??? What's up with that??? Do we need money that bad or is something else cooking here???

The only thing you can count on from this mis-management team is LIES. So believe nothing that you hear and half of what you see. Sooner or later the truth will be known.

E-TRONS OUT.

delldude said:
who says they still hold the lease?
wasn't it rejected along with facilities in other cities?
from what i recieved from tpa airport authority,they are actively looking for a new tenant...if so,how can we still be holding the lease?
Dell,

Informational meeting in the hangar yesterday...

Our local AGC said TPA's lease was not rejected with the BK. :eek:

USAirways still holds the lease and won't come clean on the subject with either the Union or the State of FLA. :shock: :shock:

Either way it would be a long shot in opening that back up...!! <_< <_<

cat 111 said:
Clt hangars
pit hangars
phl hangar
dca hangar
bos hangar
lax hangar

Is there the equipment? Just curious.

All of the tooling used for the "C" check is the same as that required for the "S" checks. The one resource the company requires that they do not have is manpower. They are currently on furlough!!!!! Isn't that correct Hawk?

The tooling for the Airbus heavy checks is the same tooling that has been used for the Airbus C-Ck's that have been going on all year.

With the exception of "some" specialized tooling, Yes, The tooling is there as is the talent to perform it.

We have been performing the A330 HVY-MTC in CLT all along. And regardless of what Dave Lorenzo's LIARS are telling the public, the A319/320 is simply a smaller version of the technology. An Airbus is an Airbus.....a Boeing is a Boeing....etc.

That is what the uproar is all about.......BUSTING OUR CONTRACT!!! :angry: :angry:

E-TRONS OUT.

To all

I think our mtc employees would find a way....any way....to do these checks...
even if under an umbrella...if it meant a few more families and friends with
a paycheck.
These are smart and inovative people being taken advantage of by the most
screwed up cluster of managers ever invented within out industry.

just my opinion.

I remember when the front pressure bulkhead on the B737-200 fleet needed work, due to what I believe was an AD. There was no room in CLT, PIT, or TPA to do the work, but CLT maintenance got the work done. The aircraft was pulled nose first into the north side of the hangar at the wash rack, and a plastic tent was fabricated to do the work. Some imagination led to someone spraypainting "CLT Hangar Bay 6" on the plastic. The work got done thanks to the ingenuity of the employees. The same employees who are treated as a liability now.

e-trons, It's bad enough now with no parts in the system. I guess the company will do some more robbing of parts off of aircraft in checks. What a JOKE !!!

cat 111 said:
e-trons, It's bad enough now with no parts in the system. I guess the company will do some more robbing of parts off of aircraft in checks. What a JOKE !!!
E-Trons,

You are absolutely right !!!

Robbed parts off of Check Aircraft is as common as a head cold around here. If memory serves?...The robs are rapidly approaching the 4000 mark for this year...and we still have 2 and 1/2 months left in this calender year. The ratio is rather high...and distance and time between locations can become costly...just as We are considered costly.

U drags it's feet on processing purchase orders..and it's worse on processing repair orders on vendor repaired items. Sadly the Airbus fleet is swarmed with both issues....Airbus AOG support as poor as it is , only compounds the problem...especially when it's Hamburg or Toulouse involved.

My dealings with Airbus AOG and Engineering has been as gratifying as a trip to the dentist. I still think the Fokker AOG people packed up...and moved to Airbus Industries. They are equally uselesss !!!

I see a very bleak future coming in this regard. Instead of having a plane to pick apart in PIT or CLT....we will now have to involve more third party maintenance to rob the part....then get a third party stores or courier services to put it on a commuter flight out of Mobile Al. to wherever our AOG Acft happens to be. Hince we pay for outside work..outside movement..and potential delays and cancellations while awaiting something that already belongs to us. How can that be a cost effective formula ????? Somebody will have to be working awefully cheap in Alabama to offset the quagmire we are placing ourselves in. Lets not forget the cost of moving stuff from PIT, PHL and CLT to Alabama either...Weight added to our flights costs money...and so does third party trucking !!!

Now we have the reverse end of that spectrum...We will have to pay to move a rob replacement part back to Mobile...this can easily hinder an ETR...and give ST Mobile Aerospace a legitimate reason to not make an ETR. How many times have we seen this happen in house??

Sadly...The Bonehead Beancounters in CCY never take into account the ramifications of all of this. We and our paying passengers are going to suffer accordingly. Delays and Cancellations that we currently have...are going to increase here and there.....maybe not in alarming numbers...but it will happen....all this costs money too !!! but do Union Busters and Beancounters factor this in??? Simply put Hell No !!! The only concern is the figures in ideal scenarios...ideal scenarios are rarely the rule...and all to often the exception at U.

The cancellations that will take place may not be viewed as a big deal in the grand scheme of things...but to the people depending on that flight operating...it will be a big deal !!!! I'm willing to bet that some will even be angry enough to seek another carrier that they can depend on too.

In light of the above...it would be interesting to see an HONEST cost comparison at the end of one years time.

Sure U may save a few bucks on paper by not bringing back staffing levels to perform this work. That is the only thing stopping us from doing these checks in house immediately. The rest is just BUNK !!!....and I'm sure they know it too !!

The real issue involving money alone is this.

(1) The cost of the checks being performed by a third party

(2) The cost of a plane in added time and cycles being flown to a Non U mainline station for the work to be performed...then being flown back to a hub to rejoin the fleet upon completion of the work.

(3) The added costs of third party logistical movements from our distribution centers to Moblie Al. (Routine and Emergency Robs and Rob Replacements and the awe #### we need this issues that creep into every check as we already know)

(4) The loss of positive control of our parts...which will lead to lost or stolen items...adding to delays and cancellations within the operational fleet.

I suspect this is going to add up plenty in itself. Issues like this could easily pay for bringing back people...and utilizing our current facilities to thier maximum potential.

Sadly...none of this is brought into consideration...what looks like a short term gain on paper...can rapidly degrade into a long term fiasco....then who's to blame? I'm sure the spin Doctors in CCY will find a ay to PIN it on the rank and file employees , as opposed to owning up to thier own blundering methods...and usual lack luster results.

This is a company that has FA's counting catering supplies because of theft among third party vendors, and now we are going from 25 cent cokes to $300K flight control computers. This is a nightmare in waiting.

Back